Feeding a child
11.3k 31 188
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I slid my tail out of the zombie's corpse and looked over at the direction it tried to walk in.
I sniffed the air and smelled something delightfully appealing.
It was like barbequed meat with honey drizzled on it, and served with glaze brushed on, it smelled amazing!
However, I knew that much like zombies, I was a straight carnivore, so anything that smelt that great must be alive, and was most likely human.
I tried the door and found it locked from the inside.
'Eh, I'm pretty sure I'd feel nothing if I killed a human right now, but eating one is a bit...' I trailed off as I climbed back into the vents and found my way into the room via the vents.
Looking at the room, I didn't see anyone, so I climbed down from the vent and walked on the floor, my tail swishing side to side as if ready to kill.
Then I heard a muffled scream, and I looked behind me.
A little girl, with doll-like features stood, her hand gripping a teddy bear she hugged close to herself while she cried silently while looking at me.
I turned around and sniffed the air and confirmed that it was the child that smelled so good and smiled ruefully in my mind.
'Well, if you were an adult, preferably female, I'd have no qualms eating you, but you're a child, so I really can't bring myself to eat you.' I circled the child and then sat down and looked at her.
She stopped crying after a few minutes and stared at me warily.
I smiled to myself knowing that I wasn't the most beautiful thing in the world, especially with my bladed tail and menacing claws.
Then I heard her stomach growl and I got up.
She staggered back in fright and I leapt into the vents and ran back outside, dropped to the floor and stopped in front of a vending machine.
'Why am I doing so much for a child I don't even know?' I asked myself while slashing open the glass of the vending machine and grabbing most of the food.
Curling my tail around the pile of food, I ran back up into the vents and came out and smiled when I saw she didn't exit the room.
'It's be a pity for such a cute child to be eaten by zombies.' I dropped the pile of food in front of her and went to lay on the floor, my head facing away from her.
For some minutes it was silent, then I heard the pitter patter of feet and the sound of a bag getting opened.
I looked at her as she stuffed her face and smiled, which made the child hide behind the desk. There were several desks between the child and me, and perhaps she thought they'd keep her safe if I tried to get her.
I turned away and closed my eyes, and welcomed the darkness.

188