The Child is Rescued
10.7k 22 187
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I let a hiss escape my mouth and the child woke up, her face full of suprise.
Then she clambered onto my head and looked down at me causing me to blank.
'Who raised this child!? She's obviously to naive if she thinks I can be trusted just because I fed her!'
"Mr. Alien, thank you for protecting me!" She said softly making my eyes widen.
'You can speak? Then why'd you never scream when I appeared?' I rolled my eyes, then she answered me.
"Because Mr.Alien didn't want to hurt me." I blanked, wondering how she knew what I thought when a notification popped up.
[Ding. Children are more attuned to telepathic thoughts and intents, and host radiates your thoughts without concealing them, so the child understands what you think.]
'... And you didnt find the need to tell me this earlier because?'
[Ding. Host never asked.]
'So can everyone hear my thoughts?' I asked while climbing to my feet slowly, making sure the child didn't fall from my head.
I walked into the room, the door open when the child walked out and shook my head, making her fall in a heap near a desk.
I sighed and moved my tail away from the child, in case she fell and hurt herself, then raised my head, looking out at the door when I smelled a human, or several to be exact.
...
"Do you think she's here? I mean it's been three days since the outbreak, if she survived the initial wave, I don't think she survived the lack of food, she's only ten!" A buff man in camouflage said while so ing his gun ahead of him, warily looking around.
"I'll believe as long as there isn't a body, besides the commander give us his orders!" Said a skinny man with a bald head.
"Zombies just appeared randomly, and a few cities have already fallen, it's a good thing this hospital is rather secluded or it'd be crawling with zombies." Another said with a cap covering his face.
"Focus on the missions and stop blathering off at the mouth, we have to find the Princess." Said the buff guy while gesturing for them to stop.
"What's the matter? Is something wrong?" One whispered to him while looking around alertly.
"There are no zombies here... there should at least be one or two but we came across none, and the bodies we did come across looks like they were killed with a sword or something."
"So you think something killed them? Isn't that good for us?"
"Captain, there corpses are the same as the others, they're all missing brain mass."
"So something's hunting the zombies?" The skinny man asked when a door swung open.
"Hey look, something's moving inside." They fanned out, eaching aiming at the entrance when a child walked out and looked at them while tilting her head.
"It's the Princess!" One of the men slung his rifle over his shoulder and picked up the child.
"How are you, are you okay, is your nanny with you?" He bombarded her with questions, making her eyes flit back to the room.
Then they all walked into the room, and aside from desks and empty wrappers, it was empty.

187