To kill
9.5k 16 176
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I smelled them before I heard them.
'There are humans in these woods, what are you gonna do?' I asked while leaping into a tree.
'Can I go with you? I won't be a burden, I promise!' She said while looking around alertly.
'Yea, I don't mind, and I can talk to you, it'd be nice to have a companion for a while.'
I climbed higher in the tree and then looked in the direction the wind was blowing.
"Hey, are you sure that it's over here?" An excited voice rang out making Rachel flinch.
"Yes, I've been tracking this wolf from since the start of this apocalypse, it's definitely in these woods, and it doesn't kill, so we'll be safe, even if we encounter it."
"I've been dying to have some actual meat, this wolf will even boost our strength, according to the Chief."
"Damn, shut up, what if you scare the wolf away, then we'll go hungry, and we need the core intact, so no excessive use of firearms."
'What is a core?'
[Ding. A core is the amassed essence of a non-human creature.]
'Oh, so now you choose to be helpful?' I rolled my eyes and climbed down the tree and circled around Rachel and rushed out.
'Can we not kill them? I mean, they don't seem to be to bad?' Rachel asked while keeping a bit of distance between me and herself.
'No can do, they need to die for treating you like an animal, you're not something they can kill whenever they feel like.' I said while leaping from tree to tree then I saw them ahead of me, three men in black clothes, almost resembling military fatigues appeared, slowly advancing while scanning the area.
'Okay, but do I have to kill? I don't think I'm read yet...' She said while closing down and crouching low against the ground.
I continued forward and stopped above them, transmitting my thoughts to her.
'Well, if you don't want to kill, I really can't force you, but I don't fight back, so if you think you can save me without killing them, go for it.'
I released the tree and fell in the midst of the men, making one of them scream out.
Then the two in front spun around and fired at my body, and I winced feeling the bullets sting as they hit my body, however they didn't pierce into my body.
Then I heard an enraged howl and then the men turned pale in fear as a silver wolf appeared in a blur and smashed into them, sending them rolling.
I climbed to my feet and lashed out with my tail, bisecting a man at the waist.
The other two men panicked and fled in opposite directions, however Rachel opened her mouth and a beam of light blew one of the men away.
'Damn, you are strong and fast, yet you keep hiding and trying not to kill, killing is the natural order of the world as it is now.'
'I know why you did it, but I didn't know if I can bring myself to do it.' She replied while licking my face softly.

176