Beginning Of The End – Part 025
39 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The rest of the day went by without any problems. We played in the ocean and in the beach. Lily stayed asleep for most of the morning and Tim decided it would be fun to bury her up to her neck in the sand. Elysif, Compton, and I helped… we felt a bit bad about it at first so we placed a bucket over her head to protect it from the seagulls. When she did wake up though, she was pissed. Though, food cured that.

Our lunch ended up being grilled corn, grilled sliced lamb, and various sliced cheeses. Everyone seemed to enjoy it and at this point we just let Tim do the cooking so that no one had to argue about what spices needed to be used. After eating, most of us were stuffed and needed to lay down for a bit. Lily on the other hand had been sleeping for most of the morning and just wanted to play. Resulting in us playing despite wanting to rest. Thankfully, we stayed out of the ocean for a bit. After a while, we noticed something in the distance. It was a large boat with huge sails.

“Hey, Tim. where exactly are we? We aren’t going to cause an issue if we are seen are we?” I asked.

“Oh, it would be a huge scene. Which is why we aren’t going to be seen. We’re on a large set of banks off the coast of eastern North America. I believe that ship is carrying the Roanoke Island settlers. They’ll disappear soon but even so, we should probably disappear as well.” Tim said before snapping her fingers. All of the beach stuff we had vanished without a trace. Leaving only our clothes and my blades.

Getting changed from our swimwear into our clothes as quickly as we could. The boat loomed out in the distance. Elysif, Compton, and Lily all disappeared inside the pendant just in time for me to be sent up to the world of stars with Tim. I couldn’t help but feel like I needed a bath. Anything just to wash the sand off my body. Maybe even wash my clothes as I hadn’t done that in a while.

“Let me guess, you’re not sure where to go next?” Tim asked.

“Nah, I really just want to take a hot bath and wash my clothes. If not I’ll be chaffing from the sand soon.” I replied.

“Your friends probably want the same thing. Actually, they have a bath within that pendant of yours don’t they?” Tim said.

“They do. I could take some time in their bath.” I said.

“Yes, but you would need to go somewhere on earth. We are outside of time so you can’t exactly go inside that pendant which lies within time.” Tim said.

“That is true. Do you have somewhere in mind?” I asked.

“A matter of fact, I do. My brother left me a small list of places to send you if you ever asked.” Tim said with an innocent smile.

“Oh no.” I said before Tim snapped her fingers. I was in a sandy field outside of a city. Knights dressed like crusaders surrounded me as they fought against what looked like ottoman soldiers. Since I didn’t know who was the enemy, I drew my sword and just deflected any attack that came at me. Because of all of the chaos around me, both sides fought against me at some point. It was among this chaos that I heard a familiar voice calling out to me. The voice sounded enraged and also very close. Turning to see where the voice had come from I saw a knight charging at me and ignoring the chaos around me.

“I’ll kill you!” the crusader said as it swung its sword at me. As the crusader’s sword clashed with my own a series of purple flames erupted from their sword.

“Mordred?” I shouted in surprise as I jumped back to avoid the flames.

“You killed my father, prepare to die you bastard!” Mordred yelled as she viciously attacked me. Since I had no desire to hurt her I kept blocking until a large rock flew into the back of her helmet. The force of which, knocked her unconscious. Seeing as how it wouldn’t be a good idea to leave her here I picked her up and carried her off somewhere safe.

I wasn’t sure if it was just me or the armor but she felt a bit heavier than her older self. Once I was a good distance away from any of the major fighting I undid the strap of her helmet and removed it. There was blood coming out of her head.

“Here’s some bandages and disinfectant.” Elysif said from inside the pendant before making the items appear in my hands. With that, I began patching up her wound. Since she was probably going to try and kill me when she woke up I decided to bind her hands and tie her to a support beam for good measure. Although these were simple precautions, I don’t think this is enough.

1