Beginning Of The End – Part 026
37 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As Mordred awoke she looked around trying to figure out where she was. Though as she went to sit up she realized her arms were bound and began looking around to see who her captor was. Seeing me sitting against the wall and throwing my knife up the air only to catch it and throw it up again. Beside me sat her sword, Clarent, still in its scabbard.

“Please tell me you aren’t planning on having your way with me?” she asked me with a disturbed but stern tone. Her words caused me to notice that she was awake so I turned to face her.

“Is that any way to thank me for saving your life? You were struck in the back of the head with a rock and passed out. There was a good chance that you would have died had I left you out there.” I replied.

“Then why are my hands bound?” she asked.

“You tried to kill me before so why wouldn’t I take some precautions?” I said with a sarcastic tone.

“Well, what did you expect? You killed my father and Elijah.” she replied angrily.

“I would expect that had I actually killed either of them.” I said with a scrutinizing tone.

“What do you mean? You killed my father when you went with him to talk with the Danes and Elijah died after giving me a note telling me that you were after him.” she retorted.

“Sorry but neither of those was me. Elijah was covering for Merlin and was probably trying to warn you about him. Merlin caught on and probably killed him just like he killed your father.” I said. Surprisingly, nothing stopped me from telling her this.

“I refuse to believe you. Merlin would never do anything like that. Plus, what reason would he have to kill Arthur? Merlin lost his standing as an advisor to the court of Camelot after Arthur died. They felt he had run things for far too long and went with someone else. I was the only one who stayed by his side after that. He lost everything so why do you think that he would do that?” Mordred stated defiantly.

“I do admit, that is a wonderful way to cover everything up. However, it doesn’t matter. You wouldn’t believe me no matter what I said.” I said with a sigh.

“Then why are you here?” she asked.

“Well, I was looking for a place to take a bath. I’m starting to chafe from the saltwater on me.” I replied nonchalantly.

“Why would you come to Jerusalem then?” she asked with a stupefied look.

“That’s hard to explain but I’ll keep it simple. The god of time sent me here because she thought it would be fun I guess.” I replied as I walked towards the door.

“What?” she asked with a now really confused look.

“Don’t worry about it. Anyways, I need to get going.” I said.

“Wait, you can’t just leave me here!” she said with a somewhat desperate tone and look.

“I can if I want to. However, if the crusades went as poorly as I remembered then I would suggest that you get out of here as soon as you can.” I replied before walking over to her and cutting her bindings. As soon as they were cut she ran forward and grabbed her sword from the floor. Turning around to attack me she drew the blade only to see that I was already gone.

“What? ...” she said to herself before resheathing the blade.

Again, I was in the world of stars. This time Tim was sitting before me on her stomach with her head propped up with both of her hands as she watched me. Her feet swaying in the air behind her without a care in the world and lacking any emotion. I couldn’t help but feel annoyed that this was how she greeted me. At this point though, it didn’t matter.

“Can you send me somewhere else? Preferably not somewhere on your brother’s list. Maybe somewhere nice where I can relax and don’t have to use the bathroom in the pendant.” I asked.

“If you say so.” she said before raising her hand from under her cheek and snapping her finger. This time I fell into an evergreen tree on a snow-covered mountain. To me, it looked like I was in the middle of nowhere. Though only about twenty meters away from me I saw steam. After taking a closer look I saw that the steam was coming from a natural hot spring. Without even a second thought I stripped down completely and hopped in.

Not even a minute later everyone inside the pendant saw that I was in a hot spring and decided to join me. Without me having to ask they brought along some soap and shampoo so I was finally able to get a proper bath. It felt good to be clean and the hot water helped a lot.

“So Compton, question? When did the Agency start using Warwick castle as its base?” I asked.

“Around the seventeenth century. Why?” Compton asked.

“Just wondering if there was anything we should do before saving Silva.” I replied.

“Not that I can think of.” Compton replied.

1