Beginning Of The End – Part 029
40 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“... a friend.” Lily replied cautiously. She didn’t want to tell her my name out of fear that she wouldn’t like it. However, she couldn’t come up with anything else.

“A friend? I don’t really believe you but if you were told to help me then I guess I should take it. That said, if you try anything then I will kill you.” Silva said with a threatening tone as she lowered her rapier and returned it to its scabbard.

“Okay.” Lily replied with a sigh of relief. As Silva put her sword down Lily picked up the pendant and put it around her neck.

Silva continued to unpack as she was before until she pulled out a large envelope. Without a second thought, she pulled out a stack of papers from inside the envelope and began reading over them. She seemed deep in thought and had her complete focus on what she was reading to the point that it looked like she was in a trance.

“What’s that?” Lily asked.

“Oh, it’s just the initial report on the two covens in the area and where I need to go to meet them. This report also contains what each coven specializes in. the problem is that there is nothing on one of the covens. Though this isn’t uncommon. All covens are rather secretive and like to keep their work to themselves.” Silva explained.

“So when are we meeting them?” Lily asked.

“I am meeting with the first one in the morning. I’ll be heading over to the other directly afterward.” Silva replied.

“You said I. Does that mean you don’t want me to go?” Lily asked with a somewhat dissatisfied tone.

“I would rather you didn't come. However, I wouldn’t mind if you came and watched us from a distance. That way if something happens you can get help.” Silva said.

“Okay, you can count on me!” Lily said with an ecstatic smile.

“Do know that if you try anything my threat still stands.” Silva said with a threatening glare.

“O-of course.” Lily replied with an awkward chuckle.

“Good, now I’ll be going to bed. I would suggest finding somewhere to sleep.” Silva said before climbing into the bed and blowing out the candle on the nightstand.

“... right.” Lily said before taking off the pendant and disappearing inside of it.

The next morning Lily appeared out of the pendant as early as possible in order to avoid letting Silva see what the pendant actually is. Silva awoke not long after and began getting ready. She put on a long flowing dress which could be assumed to be out of respect. However, it mainly served as a way for her to hide her rapier. There was a gap in the fabric near the left side of her waist so that she could draw her sword more easily. Silva doubted that she would have to use it but it was better to be safe than sorry. She just wished she didn’t have to wear something so long. The dress hindered her movement a bit which wasn’t something she wanted.

Silva left with Lily following behind her up until they arrived at the first meeting place. A large stone cottage with various runic seals of protection carved into it. A keyhole stood carved into the stonework on the second floor. Silva approached the front door while Lily flew up to the keyhole on the second floor and snuck inside.

“Welcome miss Silva. We have been expecting you.” an older man said as he answered the door. He was dressed in a common dress suit and had short grey hair. He smelled of different herbs and spices to the point that it would be considered an overpowering perfume.

“Thank you. I do apologize for my abruptness but would you mind explaining the situation involving your coven and this new coven?” Silva asked as she went inside.

“Of course. Please come and have some tea while we discuss the matter.” the old man said as he led her into a small room containing a small table and a couple of chairs. As they entered the room a girl a few years older than Silva walked in and began pouring the tea.

“Thank you…” Silva started to say as she didn’t know the name of the old man.

“Albert Heartling.” the old man finished for her.

“That is a fine name.” she said with a smile as she sipped the tea. Much to her surprise, it was absolutely delicious.

“Now to business. A few months ago a new coven appeared here in Bakewell. As you should already know, us witches don’t mind other covens but this one has been causing some trouble.” Albert explained.

“How so?” Silva asked.

1