Beginning Of The End – Part 030
38 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Albert sipped on some of his tea before answering as he had to collect his thoughts. As he was, the girl who poured them tea came in and handed Albert a piece of paper. The girl left again so that the two of them could be alone. What none of them realized was that Lily was resting on top of a tall cabinet within the room listening to their conversation.

“Though they haven’t done anything publicly it has become apparent that many of the coven’s witches have been going out at night for some rather shady business. None of these business dealings have been troubling. However, a few people from within the town have been going missing lately.” Albert explained.

“Do you believe that they have been kidnapping these people?” Silva asked.

“No, it is a possibility but we have no proof. What truly concerns me is that several of the recent burials have been dug up. I am concerned that this coven may be dabbling in necromancy.” Albert continued with a resentful face.

“That would be something that the Agency would have to deal with. However, we are not licensed to storm in there without evidence. Do you have anything that can prove this?” Silva asked respectfully before sipping her tea.

“I must say that you are remarkably mature for your age. The Agency has taught you well. However, I have no such evidence. You would have to find some yourself.” Albert said with a sorry look.

“Well thank you for the information. I shall look into the matter at once.” Silva said before standing up. Albert stood up as well and he saw her out with a smile.

As soon as she had left Albert returned to the girl that had served Silva and himself just before. She looked as if she knew exactly what he was going to say. However, she still waited patiently for him to say it.

“Micah, follow the girl. If she doesn’t find anything that is worthy of her taking action on then do something to make her take action against them. We can’t allow them to continue their work here or else this whole town may fall to her hands.” Albert said.

“Of course, High Priest. I will make sure that the other coven is seen as the threat they really are.” Micah replied with a bow before leaving.

As soon as she left, Lily left out the keyhole she came in from and followed after Silva. Silva pulled out a pocket watch and opened it up. A few moments later she heard the voice of Mordred coming from the watch. It sounded like she was talking through a tube but it didn’t matter she could still hear her.

“What news do you have for me?” Mordred asked through the pocket watch.

“It seems that the Coven run by Albert Heartling believes that this newly established coven is experimenting with necromancy.” Silva replied.

“Do they have any proof?” Mordred asked.

“They don’t. However, there have been a few bodies that have disappeared from the graveyard according to Albert. I will be checking it out after I talk to the coven leader.” Silva said.

“I see. Just be on guard. Necromancers are known to be quite dangerous and are usually very cautious. They won’t make any moves that would put them at risk.” Mordred replied.

“Thank you. I will keep that in mind.” Silva said before closing the pocket watch. As she did Lily flew up to her and morphed into her human-sized form.

“I’m guessing you have something to say?” Silva asked Lily.

“Albert just sent the girl that served you tea to follow you. He told her that if you couldn’t find anything that would make you take action against them she would have to frame them for something.” Lily said.

“That’s interesting. I wonder why he would do something like that?” Silva said with a curious tone.

“He said he couldn’t allow them to continue their work or else the whole town may fall to them.” Lily elaborated.

“Well, that is strange. I wonder if he knows more than he lets on? Although I still don’t trust you, I do find this helpful.” Silva said as she walked.

“You’re welcome.” Lily replied before walking off into an alley where she shrunk down to her fairy size and flew after Silva from a distance.

From a distance, Lily watched as Micah followed Silva. What she didn’t expect was for Silva to go away from the town. Once she was away from any building she went down a wooded path in which both Lily and Micah followed. To both of their surprise, Silva completely vanished. As if she was never there in the first place. That is until Micah felt the tip of a blade against the side of her neck.

“Scream and I will kill you.” Silva threatened as she revealed herself from behind Micah. The only thing that kept them apart was the blade at Micah’s neck.

1