Beginning Of The End – Part 032
41 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Please check out my other stories I accidentally summoned the hero! Now what? and The Island

Lily flew from the forest till she came upon the home that housed the coven. The house itself was rather small despite supposedly being detailed as a larger coven. Even so Lily found a window that was cracked open just a little and flew through. As soon as she was inside she noticed that she was in some sort of small nursery. A crib sat in the corner of the second-floor room with a rocking chair sitting beside it.

“She fell asleep so quickly. It’s probably for the best seeing as how we have a guest arriving soon.” Lily heard being said from a woman coming up the stairs.

“Yes, all mother. Elysif is quite the well-behaved child.” another woman said as they reached the top of the stairs.

Lily, without much warning, flew off and hid behind under the crib. It was the only real hiding spot in the small loft. Which wasn’t much help to her as it was raised off the ground by a good bit. She would eventually be spotted if they actually looked. Thankfully, neither of the women took the time to look as they placed baby Elysif in the crib. One of the women was in fact Medea. However, Lily didn’t know what Medea looked like as an adult so she didn’t notice.

Elysif and I on the other hand did recognize her. There was no doubt in my mind that that was Medea. As soon as the two left I told Lily to follow them and try but to try and not get caught. If she was, however, Medea wouldn’t kill her. That much I knew. I wasn’t sure how this conflict of interest could be settled though. I needed Silva to complete her work here without her hurting Medea or her coven.

As instructed, Lily flew silently down from the second floor to get as close to Medea as she could. As she did Elysif gave a look of sorrow as she saw the witches among the house. Her family. Aunts and uncles, brothers and sisters, all of them. She knew them all and yet, she felt as if she was partly to blame for their deaths. I couldn’t help but feel like I should say something. Though what could I possibly say?

“As instructed, you are to meet with the Agency representative when she arrives. Do you remember what you are supposed to say?” Medea asked one of the older-looking women.

“Yes, all mother.” the girl said with a nod of her head.

“Good, I shall be elbow making sure our barrier doesn’t receive any leaks while she is here. It would be bad if this representative recognized the style of magic below us.” Medea stated with a confident smile.

“Of course, all mother. How shall we proceed if the agent already knows of what we are doing?” the woman asked.

“We shall simply kill them and make it look as if that Heartling fellow did it.” Medea replied.

“Yes.” the girl said before walking off to get ready for her part.

Medea then walked into the kitchen where she pulled open a small hatch hidden by a pile of rags glued to it. Climbing down below and shutting the hatch behind her. Lily flew down and attempted to sneak down there as well without allowing the hatch to be seen opening. The weight of the hatch covered in rags caused her to feel as if she was getting squashed as she slid under it.

Below the house was a large open cellar filled with beds and magical supplies. Two doors leading to other rooms sat on either side of the cellar. One had its door shut while the other room held several undead creatures roaming around as if they had no control or desire whatsoever. Several witches stood around the undead to keep them from leaving the room. As soon as they saw Medea though they moved out of the room and Medea dropped some of her blood on the floor. With a quick flash of light, all of the undead fell to the floor as if they had been returned to their dead states.

Lily watched as the blood morphed on the floor into a small symbol that seemed to match with several others around the cellar. Each one began glowing a light shade of grey before returning to normal. Suddenly the air around them felt odd. It was as if they weren’t even in the same plane of existence as before.

“Elysif, right now would probably be a good time for Lily to talk to Medea.” I said.

“What! Absolutely not.” Elysif practically yelled at me.

“Think about it. Medea just said a minute ago that she would kill Silva if she knows anything about what they’re doing. Silva knows all about it because we had Lily meddle with it. I want to make sure that Medea isn’t discovered but Silva also gets what she needs. Even if what Medea is doing sickens me.” I replied.

“What do you plan to do?” Elysif asked as she realized I had actually thought about it.

1