Beginning Of The End – Part 033
38 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Lily flew down to Medea before turning into her human-sized self as she landed behind her. As soon as she landed behind Medea, each of the witches drew a knife and looked as if they were going to attack. Turning around, Medea saw the childlike Fae standing there with a look of fear on her face. Despite Lily now knowing exactly who she was Medea didn’t recognize her at all.

“Are you the Agent we were supposed to meet?” Medea asked with a rude but proud tone.

“Do you not recognize me, Medea? I guess it has been a while.” Lily replied with a friendly smile.

“So you know who I am? I’m impressed, but I’m afraid I don’t know of any Fae that I would have met within one of your lifetimes. Now, I will ask again before my children attack you. Are you with the Agency?” Medea asked with the same tone as before.

“I am not with the Agency. However, I do know what you’re planning.” Lily stated.

“And what, pray tell, would that be?” Medea asked with an intrigued tone.

“To resurrect our master. It has been far too long since we last spoke, Medea. Thirteen hundred years if I remember correctly.” Lily answered with the same friendly smile.

Medea’s eyes widened in shock as she realized who exactly was standing before her. Tears welled up in her eyes as she spoke a name she barely remembered. “L-lily?” launching herself forward she hugged Lily with all her strength as she wept on her tiny shoulders. Lily couldn’t help but feel bad so she hugged her back. Due to the shock of seeing their leader weeping over a Fae the other witches lowered their weapons.

“Where have you been?” Medea asked as she rubbed the tears from her eyes.

“I wish I could tell you but I can’t. I do have a message from our master.” Lily said.

“What! How can that be? He is dead!” she exclaimed with disbelief and excitement as she shook Lily.

“It’s hard for me to explain. He placed it in this magical item for me to let you listen to.” Lily explained as she showed off the pendant.

“That doesn’t make sense. Though, didn’t he have a pendant similar to this one?” Medea asked with a curious look.

“It is similar but not the same one.” Lily quickly lied.

“I see. Come with me.” Medea said before leading Lily to the room with the closed door. Opening it up to reveal a small study. Unlike the rest of the cellar, it was cleaned up with a large bed, desk, and bookshelf. On the bookshelf among various books on magic stood two that Lily knew. The Iliad and the Swiss Family Robinson’s in a newer print than they should have been if they were thirteen hundred years old.

“I see you still enjoy those books. How have you kept them in such pristine shape after all these years?” Lily asked as she pointed out the two.

“I actually lost the originals. Both of those were hard to come by. I was actually surprised when I heard the Swiss Family Robinson’s wasn’t released until 1812. It made me wonder about the nature of our master a lot. Now, the message?” Medea said.

“Right!” Lily said before setting the pendant down. As soon as she did I began to speak.

“Medea, I am truly sorry but I want you to know that I never meant to lie to you. However, I am currently outside of time. As a time Lord, I can pass through time at will but that does not make me omnipotent. It took me this long just to find you and it was by complete accident. I need you to help me. We will see each other once you have completed the ritual. I can promise you that but there are specific things that need to happen first.” I said.

The sound of my voice caused Medea to look as if she was about to start crying again but she held it back. It was obvious that she wanted to focus on what I was saying. Though even Lily seemed like this was too emotional for her. Still, I continued.

“Firstly, the Agent who is meeting upstairs cannot be harmed. She is necessary for something in the future. However, she knows about the necromancy that you are performing and cannot leave here without solving the issue between you and the heartling coven. So please have all of your children leave as soon as possible and Lily will figure out a way to deal with the Agent. I know I can trust you with this. Just please be safe.” I finished. I felt like shit. No, lower than shit for using her like this. I wish it wasn’t so but I need this to happen. For everyone’s sake.

“I will do it. You can trust me.” Medea said sternly despite her eyes welling up.

“Medea…” Lily said to herself with a sad look.

“Thank you for showing me this Lily. would you like to stay and talk for a bit?” Medea asked Lily with a kind smile.

“I would love that. Though I will have to go as soon as the meeting is over. I have to do my part.” Lily replied with a sad smile as she picked the pendant up and placed it around her neck.

“I understand. Though, I have missed you, dear sister.” Medea said as she gave her another hug.

1