Beginning Of The End – Part 034
46 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Upstairs, Silva had been welcomed in and brought tea just as Albert Hertling did. However, instead of it being an old man who she met with, it was a young woman. She had long brown hair and was dressed in a modest dress that gave her a sense of professionalism. However, Medea’s stand-in wasn’t prepared for the Agent who she was meeting with to be a mere child. She almost thought that the Agency was trying to mock them.

“My name is Seras Avian. I see you have come a long way so tell me. What can I help you with.” the woman asked Silva with a proper tone.

“I was actually hoping you could shed some light on the situation between you and the Heartling coven. There have been rumors of necromancy being practiced in the area but I wanted to speak with both sides on the matter before coming to a decision.” Silva replied before taking a sip of the tea she was given.

“I see. Well, I won’t deny that necromancy is quite common among witches who wish to increase their knowledge. However, none of those within my coven would ever stoop so low as that.” Seras replied with a calm and collected tone that didn’t give any hint of a lie.

“Is that so? What exactly is your field of study then? Heartling is known for his medicinal herbs and medical knowledge but what about yourselves?” Silva asked.

“Blood manipulation. My bloodline is capable of controlling the blood inside us to be used however we wish. That said, we don’t have many conventional uses for it. Mostly we try and find new ways for us to safely control blood for medical use.” Seras explained before taking a sip of her tea.

“What kind of medical uses?” Silva continued with her questions.

“Blood transfusions, preventing blood clots, and stopping internal bleeding are a few of the many uses we have discovered.” Seras replied.

“And why haven’t you gone public with this?” Silva asked with a concerned look.

“We have yet to be able to have any real studies or practice involving these techniques. All they are are theories at the moment.” Seras explained.

“Yes, but I’m sure that the Agency would be willing to work with you to complete your studies if you explained it to them. These all seem like practical and useful theories that could save thousands.” Silva said before taking another sip of her tea. However, there was no more tea, and was making a fool of herself as she nearly choked on air.

“That is true but I doubt it would be useful to the Agency. We have a monopoly due to our magic only being passed through our bloodline. The Agency could never use it for their benefit so it would be pointless.” Seras replied before pouring Silva some more tea.

“I can understand what you mean. Now, what can you tell me about the Heartling coven?” Silva asked.

“I personally don’t know much about them. I have heard from some of the locals that they produce wonderful herbs and medicine but that’s all I know.”

“Is it because you wish to keep your distance?” Silva asked.

“Not at all. We actually wanted to purchase some herbs from them a while back since we had heard such good things about them. However, they keep to themselves and never answer the door when we knock. It’s as if they don’t even live there.”

Silva thought for a moment before taking another sip of her tea. Something felt off to her but it wasn’t Seras that was odd. Based on everything that had happened she couldn’t help but feel like someone wasn’t telling her the truth. Though neither Seras nor Albert seemed like they were lying to her. Someone had to be lying though. Just who was it?

“Well, I will have to go speak with the Agency. For now, I believe that neither of your covens are a threat. However, I cannot be certain until I speak with the Concil.” Silva said before standing up.

“I understand. Please come again soon.” Seras said with a kind expression.

“Of course. Have a nice day.” Silva replied before being shown out. From there Silva began walking back to the inn. As she walked Lily flew up beside her and turned into her human-sized form.

“What can you tell me about them?” Silva asked with a curious tone that seemed a bit harsh.

“I didn’t see anything out of the ordinary. From what I gathered they are telling the truth, or they are really good at hiding undead.” Lily said.

“I see. Though tell me, who exactly do you work for?” Silva asked.

“Didn’t I tell you before that it was a friend?” Lily replied with a confused look.

“You did, but that isn’t going to cut it anymore. I need the truth or I’ll be forced to torture the information out of you.” Silva said with a threatening tone.

1