Beginning Of The End – Part 037
38 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Silva, I have to say that I am impressed that you fulfilled your mission so quickly. As you know, you will have to give a written report. I’ll expect it within the next three days. I’ll have another mission for you after that.” Mordred said to Silva with a smile.

“Of course. It shall be done.” Silva replied before leaving her mother’s office.

“I told you she could do it.” Mordred said proudly to Langston.

“I know. However, you can’t blame me for being worried. She’s only twelve.” Langston replied with a sigh.

“What does that matter? I became a knight when I was twelve.” Mordred said with a confused expression.

“Yes, but that was thirteen hundred years ago. Times change.” Langston replied.

“I guess you have a point, but could you not tell?” Mordred asked.

“Tell what?”

“She was happy that I was giving her this responsibility. I have no doubt that she will far surpass me.” Mordred said with the same proud look as before.

“I have no doubt about that. However, I would like you to please spare her from such dangerous jobs until she becomes stronger.” Langston said sternly.

“Don’t worry. I am sending her on missions that are only capable of her skill. The next mission will involve espionage so as long as she remembers her training then she will be completely safe.” Mordred stated.

“Don’t tell me that you plan on sending her to London? I know we received this job specifically from the King but that doesn’t mean that we have to send her.” Langston replied with a bit of anger in his voice.

“Although, that job is necessary. I have no desire to send her on that job. She’ll be taking care of some work for the Agent that is on that job.” Mordred replied.

“What kind of work is that?” Langston asked as he raised his brow questionably.

“There have been a few people who have been following our Agents. Based on their attire I had assumed that they were with the Catholic Church but it seems that this is a rouge group. A few of them have been following our agents and I was hoping that she could remove some of them.” Mordred explained.

Langston thought for a moment before sitting down on the desk much to Mordred’s dissatisfaction. However, he didn’t care. He knew why Mordred wanted them gone but didn’t know why she wanted them dead. It would make more sense to capture them and figure out what their goal is.

“Why not capture them? That seems like it would be better than simply killing them.” Langston asked.

“I would prefer that. However, the mission that the King has tasked us with must be kept secret. So all of these spies must be killed so that any threat that they may pose is lessened for the time being.” Mordred said.

“Alright. Who exactly is the agent that you are sending?” Langston asked.

“Well, it’s Merlin of course.” Mordred replied.

“Why is he going on a field mission?”

“He insisted. Plus, he is the perfect choice considering that he will surely get the job done.” Mordred said.

“I guess you’re right. However, if he is mixing himself into this then I can only imagine the trouble he might get Silva into.” Langston said with a worried look.

“It is true that he is known to take things too far. However, whether you want to admit it or not, he is still Silva’s father by blood. He wouldn’t do anything that might put her at risk.” Mordred said with a calm and caring look.

“I know. That doesn’t stop me from worrying though. I’ve seen her as my own for long enough that I can’t help but forget that she isn’t mine. It’s only right that I worry.” Langston said with a sad look.

“I know.”

“Well, I should probably be going.” Langston said with a slight bow of his head before leaving her office. Mordred let out a sigh once he had left and begun going through paperwork.

I listened to the whole conversation through the thin walls of the storage room outside her office. The thought that she might have been Merlin’s daughter rather than Langston’s never crossed my mind. Just how screwed up was this family? It didn’t matter though. I knew she was headed to London now so I might as well wait for her. Closing my eyes I focused on the Lond train station three days from now. Opening them once again I appeared exactly where I wanted to be. The only problem was that I would have to wait for her to arrive.

1