Beginning Of The End – Part 038
38 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Since it would be odd for a man wearing a creepy mask to go and ask what the train schedule was, Compton asked instead. Turns out that the next train from Warwick wouldn’t be arriving for another six hours so like before I traveled six hours into the future. This time I saw Silva exiting the train just as we arrived in that time.

Staying as far off as I could I saw that there was no one picking her up. Merlin was nowhere to be seen. If I remember correctly, she should be working to keep some spies off of him. Strangely, a rouge group from the Catholic Church sounds familiar. Perhaps, Galahad’s group survived to this day? If it is his group then keeping them away from Silva would be for the best. However, I have to make sure that Merlin never sees me.

This has become a difficult situation. Even so, I have to come up with a plan at some point. For now, I have to follow Silva though. Since I would stand out too much Compton followed Silva through the city. Much to our surprise, she didn’t head towards Whitechapel. Instead, she headed towards Westminster where she got a room at a rather nice hotel.

Like before I had Lily take over and follow her in her fairy size. Following her up two floors Silva went inside her room in which Lily had to find a way inside. Once inside though, we watched as Silva began unpacking. The first of her possessions that she took out was a letter which she began reading over.

“Whatcha reading?” lily asked as she flew over to Silva.

“God, fucking, damn it. Lily you idiot!” I said to myself from inside the pendant as I slammed my palm so hard into my mask that I think I may have cracked it. Elysif just mouthed the word Okay before walking away.

The shock of Lily appearing out of practically nowhere caused Silva to jump. Dropping the letter in the process and reaching into her luggage for her rapier. Thankfully, she stopped short of raising her blade as she realized it was just Lily. She gave a sigh of relief before realizing that Lily should not be here.

“What the hell are you doing here?” Silva asked with a somewhat pissed-off tone.

“I just wanted to help you with your mission.” Lily said apologetically as she began to look sad.

“Did your master tell you to help me or something?” Silva asked with a guilty tone.

“Not this time. She did this all on her own.” I said from the pendant while trying to hide my anger.

“Does that mean that you already know what my mission is?” Silva asked.

“Not really.” I replied.

“I see. Then I guess it wouldn’t hurt to have some help.” Silva said as she put her sword back in her luggage. Lily perked up the moment she realized that Silva wanted her help.

“So what exactly is your mission?” Lily asked.

“I need to follow the Concil, Merlin from a distance. Removing anyone who is following him. That’s basically it.” Silva said.

“When do we start?” Lily asked.

“In the morning. Merlin will be heading from this hotel to the Abbey. We are to make sure that no one follows him.” Silva explained.

“What’s so important that Merlin of all people would need a guard?” I asked.

“I’m not sure. It’s not for me to know.” Silva stated without a second thought.

“I see.” I replied.

After that Silva and Lily went to sleep. Seeing as how there was no reason to keep watch, I went to sleep as well. The beds within the pendant were surprisingly comfortable. Way better than anything that I had slept in recently. In fact, I couldn’t remember the last time I had a proper night’s rest. Yet, everyone else was in here enjoying the nice beds and indoor plumbing. How there was indoor plumbing inside of an interdimensional divide eluded me but it still annoyed me.

Despite my annoyance, I went to sleep and found myself to be awoken by the smell of food. Not just any food though, sausage and beans. How long had it been since I had a proper English breakfast? I didn’t know. I have just been eating dried food and whatever Elysif or Compton happened to bring me while I watched. It didn’t matter, I got out of bed and made my way to the kitchen area where Elysif was cooking up canned meats and beans. The fact that it was canned made me a little wary but I didn’t really care. I wanted to enjoy this meal to its fullest.

“So when do you think that Silva and Lily are going to head out?” I asked.

“Oh, they left about half an hour ago. Don’t worry though. Compton has been watching them through the portal. We figured you could use the rest considering how long it’s been since you slept a full night.” Elysif said as she set a plate down at the table for me. I couldn’t help but cry.

1