The Last Act – Part 001
57 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“You!” Mordred yelled as she readied her sword.

“Master!” Medea said surprisingly with a tone of embarrassment.

“It’s been a while, Medea.” I said.

“Damn you, Micheal! Why are you here?” Mordred yelled.

“Making sure that everything happens as it’s supposed to.” I said as I slowly lowered his sword.

“What’s that supposed to mean?” she asked as she stood in a way that made her ready to attack at any moment.

“Medea, grab Rebeccah and get close to me.” I said.

“Oh no you don’t” Mordred yelled as she swung at me in a downward slash. Moving my blade up to counter it, the blade slid across my own and was redirected. I Stepped to the side to give myself some more room but Mordred was already up and stabbed her sword at my torso. As I did before, I used his blade to push it to the side just as a gout of fire was released from Mordred’s blade, only to be absorbed into my sword. Mordred continued desperately trying to hit me only for her attacks to be barely redirected to not hit my body.

“Are you willing to let me leave?” I asked in a way that sounded a bit condescending.

“What do you think?” she answered as she spat on the ground.

“Worth a try.” I said as Mordred attempted to strike at me again. As I went to redirect it as I had before, Ida and Collin attacked Me from behind. Ida swung both of her hand axes in a horizontal strike while Collin swung a sword in a downward slash. I ducked to avoid Ida’s axes and kicked backwards into Collin’s knee, knocking him down. Then Mordred’s blade slid across my shoulder but no blood came from the wound. Instead, the wound disappeared as quickly as it had been made.

Just as Ida and Mordred were going in for a second strike I activated my sword, causing it to glow and a wave of flame was released. Knocking all three agents back on their asses. I began to run towards Medea and Rebeccah just as a chain came flying from my right and wrapped around my chest. The shortsword on the end of the chain dug itself into my back causing me to yelp in pain. Knowing the chain sword well I looked to see Compton yanking the chain back, pulling me back towards Mordred and the others.

Mordred, Ida, and Collin all charged at me, right as a small wave of scarlet cut through the chain. Focusing on a spot close to here I closed my eyes and teleported behind Collin. Whacking over the back of the head with the pommel of my sword he fell to the ground just as Compton’s chain did. Compton suddenly fell on his face as well before being dragged across the ground and behind a gravestone where he disappeared and reappeared flying through the air above them. I assume that was Compton’s doing as he probably used his portals to drag his old self away from me.

Ida and Mordred backed up against each other out of fear of what just happened. As they did I teleported in front of Ida. before she could say or do anything I grabbed her throat and some of Elysif’s blood shot out of the pendant, stabbing her in the neck. she fell to the ground asleep. Mordred spun around at the sound of Ida’s body hitting the ground to see me standing before her.

“Can I leave now?” Micheal asked calmly. I really didn’t want to have to fight Mordred anymore. Heck, I never wanted to fight her at all.

“On my life!” she yelled as she swung her sword at me once again. Focusing on producing the blue-ish black mist around me for only a second I blocked her sword and grabbed her throat as I had Ida’s. She looked at me with fear and hatred as Elysif’s blood shot out once more and pricked her neck. Before Mordred could pass out though, she clawed at my face in desperation. Pulling my mask down she stared in shock and disbelief at my face.

“How?” she said, recognizing me as she fell into a deep sleep.

Setting her down a lot more gently than I had the others I looked over at Elysif who was in a state of shock from the situation. I couldn’t blame her though. This whole situation was a mess but she’ll learn soon enough. It’s not like she’ll hate me after this. Since I knew exactly what would happen after this I didn’t care how much she knew. However, it was still too early.

“What exactly is going on?” Elysif asked.

“What needs to happen.” I replied as Medea and Rebeccah walked up to him. Holding out the pendant, the two disappeared inside. Closing my eyes once again I was in the world of stars where Tim stood awaiting my return.

“Well, that went perfectly. Even without a script, you did everything the same as you did before.” Tim said with a somewhat happy tone that was barely hidden behind her blank face.

“Yeah, now all that’s left is for me to stop Merlin and the ritual. Would you mind sending me to the ritual site a little bit after Silva saves me and everybody else?” I asked.

“Of course.” Tim replied.

“Actually, I should probably get Scott first.” I thought out loud.

“No need for that. He’s already there.” Tim replied.

“Wait, what?” I said in disbelief. I had thought he was told to stay in London.

“Both he and Silva are at the ritual site.” Tim said.

1