The Last Act – Part 002
38 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Hearing what Tim just said made me think for a second. If Scott is already at the ritual site then could it be in London? If so then that must mean that Silva escaped. However, the opposite could be true and Scott went to Warwick with Silva already being there. Either way, having both of them there already was a good thing. They could both help us stop Merlin. Although, there is a chance that Merlin will try and use them against me.

“How long are you going to sit there thinking?” Tim asked.

Is it wrong that I want to think about my options and decide based on what makes the most sense?” I asked in return.

“Not really. I just wanted to know why you are taking so long to come to a decision?” Tim said with an inquisitive tone.

“Well can you think of anyone else who could have all the time in the world to make a decision before a big battle? Most people don’t have that leisure but I do. It would be a shame to waste it.” I replied.

“Fair enough.” she said before sitting down next to me. Rather than sitting straight up she leaned against me as if she was nudging me to make my decision faster. Although, it didn’t bother me at all. I just accepted it and continued thinking.

“Hey Tim, could you tell me about the future? Perhaps what I can expect once I get there.” I asked.

“I can tell you that the ritual site is in Warwick but telling you any more would cause it to be set in stone. Because it isn’t set in stone yet, I have no knowledge of the outcome. You could succeed or you could fail. Though that’s entirely up to you.” Tim said.

“Why is it up to me?” I asked.

“Because it is. You told me that you would save me right? If so, then whether you keep that promise is up to you.” Tim replied compassionately.

“Wait, what does that have to do with-” I started to say but she stopped me.

“Don’t worry about it. Just get going already.” she said before snapping her finger. As soon as she did I found myself sitting on a bench near Warwick castle.

“Hey, you should all come out now.” I said as I lifted up the pendant. As soon as I said this, everyone appeared in front of me.

“Master!” Medea squealed in excitement before tackling me with a hug.

“Hey, get off of him!” Elysif yelled as she tried to peel her mother off me. Rebeccah and Compton both looked confused by this but Lily found it amusing to watch.

“I’m glad to see you too, and I’m sorry that I wasn’t able to see you sooner.” I said to Medea with an apologetic smile.

“Hey, don’t just dote on my mother.” Elysif said angrily.

“Why not? Are you jealous?” Medea asked with a sinister look before giving me an even tighter hug.

“Do you want to fight?” Elysif asked as she lost her temper.

“Please don’t fight right now. We need to focus on fighting Merlin.” I said, hoping that they could overlook their differences for the time being. Hearing this, Medea let go of me and sat patiently beside me as she waited for Elysif to agree.

“Fine. what were you thinking?” Elysif asked with a stubborn look.

“I think I should talk with Merlin. That will at least get me close enough to him to possibly kill him before he has the chance to activate the ritual. I need Compton to sneak in to get Scott and Silva out of the castle so that they can help us.” I said.

“Sounds good to me. If you fail then at least we’ll have two more on our side.” Compton replied in agreement.

“What about Medea, Elysif, Rebeccah, and I?” Lily asked.

“Lily, I need you to take Rebeccah away from her. She’s still a child so forcing her to fight would feel wrong. As for Medea and Elysif, I need them to find the ritual site and try to disable it.” I said. As I said this I could see Medea looking a bit disappointed in herself while Elysif gave her mother an even more contemptible look than before.

“Understood. We won’t let you down master.” Medea said with a shallow look.

“I’m sorry that this is so sudden. I wish it wasn’t but I know we’ll all be able to sit down and talk this out once this is over.” I said apologetically.

“I don’t believe that there’s anything to talk about. Though thank you for being conscious of feelings at least.” Elysif said before walking off. “Come on mother. We wouldn’t want to disappoint your dear master.” Elysif said as she walked off.

“Please try to get along. Again, I am sorry for doing this so suddenly.” I said to Medea as she got up.

“Don’t worry about it. I’m just glad I got to see you again.” Medea replied with a pained look before walking after Elysif.

1