The last Act – Part 006
47 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Medea pushed her blood into every crevice in the stone blocks of the castle walls. Spreading out like branches until they were no thinner than a single strand of hair she took control of the walls. Morphing them until they took the form of a human. Director Langston watched in awe at the sight while Merlin didn’t seem even slightly phased. 

“I think that’s enough of that.” Merlin said before small blades shot out of every nook and cranny of Medea’s golem. The force of the blades pushing against the stone in different directions caused the golem to shatter. The moment that Medea’s blood was exposed, Director Langston charged at it and sliced through it with his sword. Flames enveloped the strands of blood from where he cut it.

By being exposed and burning up quickly, Medea began retreating her blood back into her original body. As she did she cut off the blood that was catching fire to prevent herself from being burned. However, the amount of blood that she lost made it impossible for her to move, let alone think properly. She was soon overwhelmed with lightheadedness and anguish of the state she was now in.

“It really is a shame. You held so much potential yet you wasted it all to help a fool of a man.” merlin said with a bit of sympathy on his tongue.

“What should I do with them?” Director Langston asked as he looked at the two women who were on the verge of death.

“They’re witches. Burn them as witches.” Merlin replied as he pulled out a pocket watch that was vibrating in his pocket.

“Of course, sir.” Director Langston said with a nod before walking over to each of them and stabbing them with his sword. Each of them screaming as they burst into flames from the inside.

“What is it?” Merlin asked as he opened the pocket watch up.

“I have done as you have instructed and followed the two children that were sighted with Lou Barret near the train station. One is the daughter of Medea and the other is a Fae.” the young Agent named Ida said through the pocket watch.

“Good, then kill them as soon as the opportunity arises.” Merlin said.

“Excuse me for my rudeness but why do they need to die? They’re only children so I don’t think that-” Ida started to say.

“The Fae is a threat in itself. As for the child, you know exactly who spawned that thing. She will be very powerful in the future so it would be wise to destroy her before she becomes too powerful.” Merlin interrupted.

“I understand. They shall both be killed before this train reaches the next station.” Ida said with a sense of conviction.

“Good. Contact me when the job is done.” Merlin said before closing the pocket watch.

* * *

“Scott!” I yelled as tears began to well up in my eyes. Letting go of my sword I grabbed him and helped him to the floor. In my desperation, I ended up stabbing Scott in the gut. Holding the wound with all the force I could muster I tried to stop the bleeding but it wouldn’t stop. 

“You got lucky… didn’t ya, kid?” Scott said with a quivering lip as his face slowly lost color.

“Scott, no. please don’t die!” I said as I tried to hold the wound closed but to no avail.

“You really did care, huh. I guess I lost myself there for a bit. Yet… you still tried to save me…” he said with a weak chuckle that was followed by coughing.

“That’s because we’re friends. Aren’t we?” I said as tears began dripping down my cheeks.

“We are… you are one of my best friends. I just couldn’t handle the truth. I was selfish to think that killing you would solve anything. It never was your fault. I just didn’t know who else to blame.” Scott said with a smile as the castle began to shake violently.

“Why? Why are you so calm about this?” I asked.

“Because you saved me. Just like you said you would. I don’t have the right to ruin that for you. Now go. Go and save everyone else.” Scott replied as he reached his hand up to touch my face. However, his hand went limp before he could reach me and he let out his final breath.

“You drunk idiot... “ I said under my breath before laying him down.

Standing up I picked up my sword and began walking down the corridor where Silva should be held only to see Compton letting her out. Knowing that I couldn’t face them after what just happened I turned around and began heading back up to the surface. The feeling of dread that I felt before coming here was replaced by hatred. There was no doubt in my mind that I would kill Merlin. 

1