The Last Act – Part 007
39 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Merlin returned to his work on setting up the ritual site. While he did that, Director Langston continued to look around for any enemies that may appear. As he looked around I walked out from behind the castle wall and made my way to the inner court. It was not Merlin who saw me first but Director Langston. As soon as saw me he called out to me as if I was an old friend. However, it was only done to make Merlin aware of my appearance.

“Ah, Lou Barret. I welcome you to the ritual site which will end it all.” Merlin said with a welcoming bow.

“Don’t give me that crap. Where are Elysif and Medea?” I asked as I had yet to see them.

“Oh, yes. Director Langston killed them. In fact, they’re still burning over there.” Merlin replied before gesturing at two burning corpses. Although I couldn’t make out whether they were in fact Elysif and Medea, Merlin didn’t sound like he was lying. Not only had I lost Scott but also Elysif and Medea.

“That’s an odd look. I would expect someone who has lost so many of the ones whom he loves would be much more sad or at least angry.” merlin said, making note of my face. It wasn’t until he said this that I realized I was smiling. Not in the way one would if they were happy. No, this was the smile of one who had been broken.

Merlin’s face shifted a bit as the spirit armor formed around my body along with the blue-ish black mist. In the blink of an eye, I had covered the distance between me and Director Langston. He tried to pull his sword up to protect himself. However, in the same motion I used to draw my sword from my hip I severed his arm from his body. Both his sword and arm flew off somewhere from the force of it.

“You bitch!” he shrieked before I sliced his stomach open so that his intestines fell to the ground. He cried frantically for Merlin to help him but the old Sorcerer paid him no mind. I could see the look of terror and defeat in his eyes begging for forgiveness before I cut his throat with a single crude slice.

“That was rather merciless. Do you see what it’s like to be me now? The hatred building up until you finally snap without care for reasoning and logic.” Merlin said as he watched me do all of this.

“I’ll never be like you. However, I can see what you mean. I hate you, and I am going to kill you!” I said before turning to face him. Suddenly, Merlin looked surprised and pulled a small pocket watch out from his pocket.

“One moment, I have to take this.” Merlin said before opening it up. “What is it, Ida?” Merlin asked.

“The child and the fae are both dead as you instructed.” Ida replied from the other side. I could almost hear one of my blood vessels rupturing from hearing those words. Merlin shut the pocket watch and returned it to his pocket before turning back to me.

“Sorry about that. Though, I assume you heard what she said. Both Medea’s daughter and the Fae that was with her are both dead.” Merlin said with a snicker.

“Why? For what reason did they have to die? Unlike us, they weren’t fighting you. There was no reason to kill them!” I yelled. Between everything else, I couldn’t hold my tears back. They just started pouring down my face as if it was an endless river.

“Why? Because I had no reason to let them live. They had done as you said so I couldn’t exactly let them continue on if there was some reason for you sending them away that could harm me. Albeit, it was unlikely. It doesn’t matter though. I at least got to see you when you’ve lost everything you care about.” Merlin explained.

“Damn you!” I yelled as I did as I had done to Director Langston. Bridging the gap between us in a mere second only being driven by rage. Just as I got close to him several blades shot out of the ground in front of me, stopping me from getting to him.

“I would say that you’re wrong, Merlin. He hasn’t lost everyone!” Compton said from behind Merlin. Standing next to him was Silva armed with Director Langston’s rapier.

“No, I would say that he has lost everyone.” Merlin replied as blades shot out of the ground to impale both Compton and Silva. However, the blades never reached either of them. Instead, they appeared in front of Merlin. Without looking surprised at all, Merlin stopped them before they made contact with him.

“I see that Iscarat is around here somewhere? Either that or you yourself have learned how to use such an ability.” Merlin said as if he noticed something interesting.

Ignoring Merlin, Silva charged forward while Compton redirected any blade that Merlin summoned to impale them. I did the same in order to get closer to Merlin but every time I did more blades would shoot up from the ground. Suddenly Merlin sent a barrage of blades towards Silva which Compton couldn’t redirect. Moving backward as fast as she could, Silva returned to Compton’s side and avoided the blades.

“I think that is enough. Compton, kill Silva.” Merlin said with a disinterested tone. As soon as Merlin said this Silva’s decapitated head fell to the ground with her body close behind it.

I watched in horror as Compton used a portal to kill Silva without a second of hesitation. As soon as it happened though, Compton fell to his knees screaming. Merlin just laughed in response as Compton clutched the ground, staining his hands a dark red. “What did you make me do?” Compton cried out with tears streaming down his face. Merlin didn’t even bother to answer the man before a blade shot out from underneath him. With a quick clean cut, Compton’s head fell atop of Silva’s body.

1