Chapter 1
4.1k 4 60
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Flash Forward

There’s that old saying that too much of a good thing is poison. Truer words had never been spoken as the young lady in her twenties, with soft beautiful auburn hair that tickled her shoulders, stared wide-eyed at the current situation before her.

Her hand hovered over the wand at her belt. The temptation to utterly blow away this audacious display reverberated deep within her heart. That desire became harder and harder to ignore as she collected mana and transferred it to her wand.

The academy she took pride in, along with her classmates, was reduced to a cesspool of insanity and lust - all directed towards her. She wanted to burn away the academy to preserve its dignity.

When this all started, she had enjoyed the attention. She revelled in it. Men and women offered her gifts in an attempt to court her. Certainly, she already was popular, considering she was the top sage candidate in Doctrine College Academy. 

Some said she was going to replace Neyla, the Royal Sage of the Dahlia Kingdom. A fact she took great pride in.

With hard work alone, she had overcome those with natural talent and genius. 

However, what was happening before her eyes...she could not stomach. It was an affront to her noble lineage. 

Even her best friend - her rival and confidant, had fallen prey to this mysterious force. She grimaced as her friend rolled around in the dirt...with her dark red panties plastered over her face. 

“Stop it!” She snarled at her possessed friend, “Snap out of it!”

Her best friend, Elsie, continued to inhale the used underwear’s scent to a disgusting degree. Her dark-brown eyes rolled back as if possessed, before suddenly turning her attention to the voice behind her. 

“Ah, you came,” Elsie slurred, “We’re so glad you’re here!” Everyone behind her scuttered to get a closer look at Eleanor. 

Their eyes were filled with maddened glee. They professed their love to her, but she could only see their psychotic libido. 

She grimaced watching their insane smiles. They drew closer to her.

“Stay back!” she screeched. They drew closer, like pigs eager to be slaughtered. The redhead clenched her teeth with a sneer, “Don’t say I didn’t warn you.”

Chapter 1
Eleanor Deveena

A girl ran, her form poor, through a cross country track. Her skin glistened in sweat as it clung to the dark mage robes she wore. Her auburn hair bounced and collected heat. 

When she reached her destination - near a raven-haired tomboy, her breathing heaved painfully.  Her arm crossed over her abundant chest, massaging it to lessen the friction burn. 

Her tomboy friend laughed as she stretched her long muscular legs, her thighs stretching as she flexed the muscle. She ran two miles and her breathing was as steady as ever compared to her redheaded friend.

“For all those smarts, you aren’t very physically adept, are you?” The tomboy smiled, “I win.”

“Gahh….ugh…” She said as she tried steadying her burning lungs with only minor success as her friend tossed her a bottle of water. It fell near her feet. With great difficulty, she picked it up and drank like a man dying of thirst. “Elsie you insufferable-”

“I know I know,” Elsie smiled, twirling a familiar-looking wand in her hand. “I just wanted you out of your little study seat, Eleanor. You’re gonna grow some fat in that tummy of yours. Then again, I bet most of your nutrients go up to your tits.” She smiled, “Good show, by the way.”

The auburn-haired girl blushed profusely, remembering their history together. They had dated and even had a few extravagant nights together, but had both arrived at the conclusion that they were better off as friends with benefits than full-blown lovers.

Shaking those thoughts out of her head, Eleanor snarled as she snatched the wand from her friend’s hands. “You know we have an exam in Mana Research coming up around the corner!” With Elsie, she had to force herself to be angry. Just looking at those dark eyes was enough to make her gush like a maiden.

“Yeaaah, if you were paying attention to me, you wouldn’t be so freaked out,” Elsie huffed. Revealing a white letter on her hand, she handed it to a slightly prickly Eleanor. 

Confused, she held onto the letter that had The Chancellor’s emblem on it. Opening up the letter, her eyes scanned its contents.

To Eleanor Deveena,

The College council has received your request. We analyzed your request and charted the necessities for not only the trip but also the tools required for your research. 

Your request to head to one of the most mysterious places in the world - the Harpocrates caverns, was concerning, to say the least.

However, we looked at your grades, code of conduct, and extracurricular activities and found you abundant in these skills. 

Not only are you talented, but you are hard-working and noble to a fault. 

It is to my pleasure to inform you that your request to visit the Harpocrates caverns has been approved. 

Congratulations, Eleanor. Not only will your expedition be funded by the Doctrina College Academy, but also the Elven Sanctuary, who have taken an interest in this trip.

More details will be discussed by staff tomorrow at five in the evening. Will be seeing you soon.

The Chancellor.

Eleanor squealed. Her body naturally moved and trapped Elsie in its embrace, pushing the tomboy against her bosom.

Happiness filled her nerdy heart. She had been trying for ages to push the project into fruition. Eleanor just needed a greenlight on her research adventure to the Harpocrates caverns, and now, her wish had come true.

“This calls for a celebration!” Eleanor screamed, but as she was about to take a step forward, her knees buckled like slime. 

Elsie dashed by her side and steadied her. “You’re really out of shape, aren’t you?” She smiled as her redheaded friend shot a sharp look at her, but that didn’t stop Elsie from smiling. She then said, “Let’s go to Aeyna’s Fashion Shop! I need to be dressed well for tomorrow.”

“Quite the perseverance. I swear the only thing you will always suck at is P.E.”

“At least I have bigger assets than you.” Eleanor said as she smirked nastily. 

“Hey! I was trying to compliment you!”

“Riiiiight.”

Elsie put her hand to her hip, “Also, weren’t we going back to study? Instead now you’re gonna go shopping like the shopaholic you are.”

“This letter,” she waved, “Calls for a celebration. Studying can wait.”

*****

While on their way to the shop, Eleanor formed a speech in her head for the meeting. She mentally went over how the research she’ll conduct on the caverns will enhance mana industrialization. The problem was how to articularly explain it. That was the hard part.

She also had to give her thanks to the Chancellor without sounding too repetitive. That was going to be hard. Eleanor was just too darn gleeful when it came to explaining mana mechanics.

But no matter, she thought. Now’s shopping time.

The store in front of her had all kinds of fashionable assortments, inclusive of her favorite dresses and suits. 

Occasionally, during a noble party, she’d wear a red dress that would complement her hair and assets. She wasn’t timid about that sort of stuff.

Elsie was right behind her, acting as a bug repellant. Many a person wanted Eleanor’s company. 

Her eyes wandered over to a beautiful black suit that had adorable little buttons. The skirt was long and eloquent, but it was a little too large for Eleanor. If there was one thing Eleanor hated about herself, it was her height.

Elsie constantly teased her about it, which made the redhead dislike her own height. Her diffident attitude towards her own height, however, was endearing to Elsie, no matter how much Eleanor disliked it.

Whenever Eleanor saw a picture of herself standing side-by-side with her classmates, she’d grow red in embarrassment at how short she was compared to them.

“Twenty years old and I’m as short as a twelve-year-old!” Eleanor would shriek.

Elsie chuckled. Eleanor could clearly see her raven-haired friend remember the times when Eleanor would grow frustrated at her height. The tomboy found it hilarious.

But what was more important than her pride right now was the suit and skirt. Certainly, it was too long and too large, but Eleanor knew Elsie had a talent for sewing. “Do you think…” she fidgeted, “You could fix it up for me?”

Elsie smiled. “I thought you’d never ask.”

*****

Veronica Leylon

A towering elderly man looked over a student who toyed with her raven locks nervously. His voice shook his office room.

The office spoke volumes about the professor’s personality. That was something Veronica didn’t like to admit, because her room was set up the exact same way. 

She was embarrassed to be anything like her foster father. Not that she hated him, but Veronica found it mortifying to be compared to an extremely muscular old man. Those muscles bulged out of his sleeves, and she found it embarrassingly shameful.

“Do you know why I called you?” Professor Leylon’s voice thundered her eardrums. She nodded. 

“Yes, Father. The Chancellor chose me along with my colleague Michael Hernold to enter the Harpocrates research project.”

“Partially correct,” he said, “And while I’d normally find this outstanding news, there is cause for...concern.”

Veronica gulped. She knew what, or better yet who, her father was referring to. 

“I understand you’ll be spending time with your mate, but do not lose to your instincts. We don’t want another incident like what happened with your mothers.”

She hated it whenever her father brought the topic up. He’d never understand what it was like to be a part of her species. He didn’t understand the devilish urges that whispered in her ear each time she laid eyes on her.

“Maintain your dignity. Do not drag the Leylon name down.”

“Yes,” she said as she gritted, forcing the final word out, “father…”

Spoiler

A/N: Yes, I'm back. Sorry for the super long hiatus. Honestly, I got no excuses for that. Decided to rewrite it since I much prefer writing in third person and with multiple povs.

[collapse]
60