002 – Demon Lord ~ Reincarnated in the Modern World – Chapter 2
131 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Those anime were right!  Induction ceremonies for school really are so dull that you want to fall asleep.  The principal was up there, just saying 'blah blah blah, boring boring blah blah bland blah" forever, and then some of the teachers were introduced, and none of them really seemed to want to be up there, not really.  And then some kid that nobody knew was called up to the front, where he recited a tiny little speech and started crying from stage fright.  Ok, that was uncool - like crazy uncool - to force a kid up there when he's got stage fright so bad.  It was the most interesting part, though, and the negative emotions his parents gave off when he started crying were delicious.  This was the first time I've been exposed to such nasty negativity.  I swear, if it were dark it would have made my demon eye glow.

After the ceremony, we were showed to our classes, where we met our teacher - Ms. Aoi-chan.  Yes, a middle-aged, somewhat frumpy looking woman who actually introduced herself as "Ms. Aoi-chan."  Fine, it won't kill anyone to make your day a little brighter by adding a -chan to your name, lady.  Surprisingly, Ms. Aoi-chan actually seems to be fired up to be teaching this class.  There are snotty noses, and a few stinky pants, by the way, along with some boys already pushing some girls down... and some girls pushing some of the boys down, too.  These kids really are brats, but this year we'll do our best to educate and tame them, Ms. Aoi-chan!  

After a few minutes, everyone managed to find a seat to sit in - I chose the one in the center of the back row, so that I could see what all of the other kids in class were doing at all times.  I guess watching over the class from the rear will be one of my hobbies.  This location will also let me spend a little of my time testing my abilities as a Demon Lord.

Crybaby-boy from the assembly is sitting in the front row center, by the way.  He seems to be fine, now; maybe he was actually just scared of his parents, instead of having stage fright.  Oh, I didn't give him that nickname; a few of the other kids in class already started calling him that.  I've decided that I'll call him by his actual name, instead, as soon as I learn it.  I think we can be friends - I want another chance to consume some of his parents' powerful negativity.  At the same time, maybe I can make him a little safer, too.

It turns out we don't get to choose our own seats in this class; instead, we draw a slip of paper from a box, and that paper tells us where to sit.  This is a chance for me to test my own Demonic powers a bit - c'mon, last row center seat, c'mon..... Yes!  I don't know yet if it was just luck, or if I actually made it happen, but I get to keep my seat.

Oh, and crybaby-boy is sitting next to me.  Even more luck... or did I make it happen?  I don't know, yet.

It turns out his name is Rikuto, with the kanji for Land (陸) and Person (人 ).  He says his parents are realtors, and wanted to give him a name that fits their jobs.  Ugh.  Their family name is Konishi, meaning 'small west.' (小西)  In my head, he's now a small-time landlord from the west.  Riku-tan actually does live west of the school, too.  Yes, I've decided that he will be my pet, and Riku-tan is his new designation.  Well, maybe.  I haven't actually said it out loud, yet.  Right now, he's still just Konishi-san and I'm still Yoshida-san to him and everyone else in the class.

I seriously don't know anyone here.  Was I supposed to bring some friends with me?  A few from my kindergarten did come to this school, but they're all in different classes.

Time to go home.  I can't wait to get into middle school so I can be rid of this ugly plastic backpack and actually wear a real school uniform.

3