Chapter 2 – Kojirō Hyūga
1.4k 19 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Ko-chan! Breakfast is ready!”

The melodious voice came from a dark-haired woman carefully preparing a rice-based breakfast while humming to herself. She was lightly dressed, in nothing more than a vest and shorts, and her long hair that came down to her knees. Framed by short bangs was her pale face which held a gentle smile. Her eyes were white with a violet tinge and pupil-less. The Byakugan. 

Suddenly, when the door was slid open, a young boy emerged, no older than five with messy black hair, yawning into his hands and rubbing the sleep from his eyes.

“Mornin’ Obasan.”

Sleepily, he ambled over to her,  where she was engrossed in arranging the food on the plates, and wrapped his arms around her waist from behind. She twisted around and lightly chopped his head with the side of her hand.

“It’s onee-chan, not obasan!”

“But you are my auntie, even if you’re not old?”

“Doesn’t matter. I’d like you to call me onee-chan so that’s what you’ll call me. Understood, Kojirō?”

The young boy nodded in response.

“Brilliant! Now, go sit down at the table. I’ll bring over breakfast now.”

Kojirō reluctantly released his embrace from around his ‘onee-chan’. He strolled over to the other side of the wide room and kneeled down next to the low table. The aroma of the freshly cooked breakfast wafted throughout the space and entered his nose. 

After yawning once again, his eyes wandered upwards stopped when he gazed at the back of his ‘onee-chan’

Nanami Hyūga.

A member of the esteemed Hyūga clan as well as his caretaker. A chūnin-level kunoichi and the youngest daughter of the previous clan head.

After Kojirō’s mother, Nanami’s only sister, was found dead while cradling him in the forests outside of Konoha she had been the one tasked with his upbringing. The circumstances of his mother’s passing were unknown even to higher members of the Hyūga clan. Although, it was no secret she had been secretly meeting a man, an immigrant no less, in the later hours of the night.

It was presumed that he was the product of the regular trysts that they partook in. However, being the grandson of the ex-clan head, as well as the nephew of the current one, he was still accepted into the clan.

This was regardless of the fact that he had a mutated Byakugan that was tinted gold instead of violet. After he was found the clan was dumbfounded by his eyes and some even questioned whether they were even still the Hyūga’s signature dōjutsu. That opinion was subverted, however, when Kojirō managed to awaken his Byakugan at abnormally early age.

The golden eyed boy was pulled from his trance when his bowl was placed in front of him.

“Eat up Ko-chan.”

He replied with a grateful smile and placed his hands together in a prayer. Using his chopsticks, he ate the rice leisurely while Nanami peered at him from across the table with her head in her hands.

The young boy was mature for his age. He had long since awoken his Byakugan and was quickly advancing in his Jūken1*Gentle Fist training. The distinct seriousness and discipline that was present within him was unmistakably a veteran’s, yet it came from a five-year-old child. He was nowhere short of a prodigy.

And he’s pretty cute.

“What’s the matter Nanami-nee-chan?”

The sudden question startled the chūnin as she realised she had been caught staring and slightly blushed. With a cough, she began eating her breakfast.

The light breakfast was slowly eaten by the pair with sparse conversation in between. Together, they washed the dishes and Kojirō readied for the Ninja Academy. 

He had already gone for a year and in that time skipped his first year and was now in the middle of his third. At this rate, he was bound to become a genin in the next year or two.

After a quick shower, he dressed himself in a black long-sleeve turtleneck overlaid with a baggy light grey t-shirt that bore the Hyūga insignia on the back. He wore dark grey shorts and the standard open-toed ninja sandals in blue.

Quickly, he gazed into the mirror, checking his appearance. He was pale-skinned and had a small mole underneath his right eye. His forehead was covered by his messy, black hair and he had long eyelashes.

Was Nanami staring at me earlier?

He swiftly checked his status.


Kojirō Hyūga
 
Clan : Hyūga
Affiliation : Konohagakure
Classification : Academy Student
Kekkei Genkai : Byakugan (Variant), Boil Release
Chakra Control : 59%
 
Chakra Natures
Earth
Water
Fire
Boil
Yin
 
Skills
Taijutsu Proficiency - Jūken [LVL 17]
Ninjutsu Proficiency [LVL 13]
Shurikenjutsu Proficiency [LVL 13]
Genjutsu Proficiency [LVL 11]
 
Misc. Skills
Seduction [LVL 10]
Sexual Prowess [LVL MAX]
Cooking [LVL 7]
Hand Seals [LVL 12]
 
Special Skills
Byakugan [LVL 4]
Summoning [1x]
Natural-born Stud [LVL-]

 
[Special Skill - Natural-born Stud]
  •  Makes any target the user might be interested in be interested in the user in return.
  •  Grants the skill Seduction [LVL 10].
  •  Grants the skill Sexual Prowess [LVL MAX]

It might have been this skill? Its a shame I've not had a chance to use the bonus skills that came with it though.

He sighed and closed the status screen. He headed to the gate of the Hyūga Compound through the open sliding door in his bedroom. Unsurprisingly, Nanami managed to catch up with him and forcibly thrusted out a moderately sized black box.

"Bentō. For lunch." She leaned down and kissed his forehead, "Have fun and be safe!"

Kojirō enthusiastically nodded his head in affirmation. Briskly, he turned around and leapt at the opposing wall landing on the ledge at the top. Giving one final wave to Nanami he sped off in the direction of the academy.

This is unfortunately a shorter chapter but I hope you enjoy it regardless. 

On another note, do you want me to add Nanami to the harem or do I keep it strictly sibling love. With that in mind, please give me suggestions for more harem candidates while considering the fact that the protagonist is only a few years younger than the Sannin.

Also, for the MC's summons I'm currently contemplating about birds. I'm leaning towards owls or pheasants but leave suggestions for me please.

14