Chapter 5 – Rivalry
879 2 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Fugaku Uchiha.

The current heir to the infamous Uchiha Clan. He was eager to prove to everyone that he was capable of succeeding leadership of his clan. Usually, he acted indifferent towards other people but had a strong sense of justice. That was why it puzzled people when they saw the smirk on his face which reached from ear to ear.

He had, fortunately, picked out the name he had been so desperate to fight. Like him, Kojirō was a member of a prestigious clan and was a genius at that. Therefore, he surmised that he would be the perfect candidate to prove himself against.

The golden eyed boy simply raised his eyebrows and complied with the two older shinobis’ for him and Fugaku to step into the middle of the yard.

Inwardly, however, he was excited. This was the first person he had met that was actually present in the anime. Although he still just a child and had nowhere near the skill when he was an adult, the prospect of fighting ‘Wicked Eye Fugaku’ got his blood pumping.

The Uchiha heir was a year older than Kojirō and also considered himself superior. Although he believed he would win, by no means did he think it would be an easy fight. He was a member of a clan and part of the main family at that. There was no way that he would have been missing out on training.

There was also the mysterious eyes that he had which were different from the standard Byakugan. Unfortunately, he had yet to awaken his Sharingan so he would have to be sure to watch out for them.

They stared at each other from across the courtyard. Both of their faces were calm and expressionless.

The crowd were not any louder either. They were about to witness two clan prodigies fight it out. It was a spectacle to behold.

Both fighters raised their fingers and lowered their stances - forming the Seal of Confrontation.

“And...” The tension in the air could be cut with a knife. “Begin!”

Suddenly, Fugaku rushed in and cocked his fist back while gaining momentum. Kojirō, in reaction to this, gracefully moved to the side and activated his Byakugan.

He thrust two fingers out into the other boy’s right side in quick succession. Fugaku was repelled but quickly managed to readjust himself to land on his feet, grabbing the bruised side with his hand.

Immediately, leaving no time for him to recuperate, The Hyūga rushed in sent a palm thrust upwards towards Fugaku’s chest. The Uchiha was unprepared and felt the brunt-force of the chakra-filled attack.

Again, he was pushed back and forced to retreat.

He stood up straight, slightly sweating, before deciding to dash around his opponent - attempting to reach his blind spot.

Noticing this, Kojirō quickly pivoted on one foot and faced Fugaku once again. He continued to run around the boy, hoping to disorientate him but Kojirō just kept following him with his eyes and utilising minimal movement.

Fugaku’s circular dash quickly gained momentum and afterimages began to appear surrounding his opponent.

The Hyūga was momentarily disoriented before something abruptly impacted the small of his back before Fugaku’s afterimages dissipated.

It was the older boy’s foot.

Kojirō was flown forward at the unexpected kick.

In a quick witted response, the boy expelled chakra from the tenketsu1*Chakra point at the front of his body - swiftly readjusting himself to land on his feet; possible because of the natural ability to expel chakra from all tenketsu on the body.

Fugaku looked on, initially shocked, before going on the offensive again.

Suddenly, steam expelled from Kojirō’s back which surprised Fugaku and pushed  him back. The quick expulsion of steam ceased as quickly as it began and the Hyūga boy swiftly turned around sweating.

In a flash, he arrived at Fugaku’s position and thrust his palm out again. This time Fugaku flew further away, close to the stands where the other students were.

The boy keeled in pain and grabbed his stomach.

Why did was his thrust stronger? It wasn’t that powerful before.

Fugaku shook his head and shakily stood up once more. After weaving a few hand signs his eyes flared up, red in colour and a single tomoe in each eye, and he pointed towards his opponent.

All of a sudden, Kojirō’s vision was enveloped in darkness. In response, he, once again, activated his Byakugan with the veins around his eyes swelling.

A Genjutsu? Was that the Sharingan? Did he just awaken it?

He swiftly dispelled the illusion before it could fully activate. His vision returned to where he saw a ragged Fugaku gripping his stomach and breathing heavily.

Swiftly, Kojirō darted towards the other boy who did not have enough energy to react in time.

Eight Trigrams: Sixteen Palms!

The Hyūga let out a flurry of incredibly accurate thrusts at each of the Uchiha’s tenketsu.

After the assault, he lowered his arms and caught Fugaku who collapsed in response.

“Winner! Kojirō Hyūga!” The lanky chūnin pointed towards the Hyūga with a smile on his face.

First fight scene! I’ve never wrote one of these before so hopefully it’s coherent and exciting enough.

11