Chapter 6 – Genin Exams
1.3k 6 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Kojirō Hyūga
 
Clan : Hyūga
Affiliation : Konohagakure
Classification : Academy Student
Kekkei Genkai : Byakugan (Variant), Boil Release
Chakra Control : 62%
 
Chakra Natures
Earth
Water
Fire
Boil
Yin
 
Skills
Taijutsu Proficiency - Jūken [LVL 18]
Ninjutsu Proficiency [LVL 13]
Shurikenjutsu Proficiency [LVL 13]
Genjutsu Proficiency [LVL 11]
 
Misc. Skills
Seduction [LVL 10]
Sexual Prowess [LVL MAX]
Cooking [LVL 7]
Hand Seals [LVL 12]
 
Special Skills
Byakugan [LVL 4]
Summoning [1x]
Natural-born Stud [LVL-]

Seems like my chakra control has increased as well as my taijutsu, which is about high genin-level now.

It was the first time I’d used boil release in combat too, even if it was just a spar. If I remember correctly, Han managed to increase his power and strength using it. Although, he had to use his armour in order to do it. I shouldn’t have that same problem though since the Hyūga have the natural ability to expel chakra from all of their tenketsu1*Chakra points.

Mei Terumī also managed to melt a Susano’o rib cage using her version of the kekkei genkai. Maybe I could do a similar thing and create a jutsu that surrounds me in acidic steam.

The only problem would be how to stop it from affecting my own body. Maybe iryō ninjutsu2*Medical ninjutsu can help remedy that? Something like Tsunade’s Creation Rebirth, but I think that’s a Fuinjutsu though.

Visibility won’t be a problem either because of my Byakugan. Fugaku managed to exploit it’s blind spot in our duel though. Maybe some form of armour could help compensate for it.

I didn’t expect him to awaken his Sharingan in the fight either. He used it to cast the genjutsu on me then passed out, probably from chakra exhaustion. I was able to see through it, anyway, thanks to my Byakugan.
Currently, Kojirō was in his room contemplating his battle. He was certain that he had proved he was eligible to further advance in the academy.
Erika had also, unsurprisingly, managed to beat her opponent too. He was one of those loud-mouth kids. She managed to shut him up by dazzling him with her speed then grabbing his head and shoving it into the dirt. He was swiftly knocked out with a giant bruise on his forehead.
I guess that’s why people wear hitae-ate3*Forehead protector then.

Kojirō felt he was ready to become a genin, in fact, his skills were all genin-level now anyway. He hoped to be on the same three-man squad as Erika but made sure to not get his hopes up.
He would just have to see how it all played out.
There was a tan-skinned man, clothed in a short grey kimono over the top of a thin mesh-like armour, walking down a hallway. He had a brown goatee and small black markings in the corners of his eyes. On his head was the prestigious Hokage’s cap on his head which beaded the kanji for ‘fire’

He was followed by two men each wearing a green flak jacket. Suddenly, they turned left and entered a room.

Within the room were children, ranging from around seven up to fourteen. They were up and coming ninja, the academy’s most recent batch of talents.

It was the day of the Genin Exams. Therefore, the Third Hokage, Hiruzen Sarutobi, was present. Many citizens of the village admired Hiruzen, this was especially true for children. Most looked up to the Hokages and wanted to become one. That was considered a shinobi’s ultimate goal.

“Greetings, children. I am here today to review and supervise your exams. I sincerely hope each and every one of you makes our village proud and becomes and extraordinary shinobi.” Hiruzen spoke.

He gazed around the room, admiring the young talents that were scattered around the room.
His eyes were attracted to two students sat near the back of the class. One boy and one girl each of the same age as his three-man squad when they first graduated.
They must be Kojirō Hyūga and Erika Arasaki. 

He quickly stopped eyeballing them as the class’ teacher asked him to sit down at a table near the front of the room. 
Names were subsequently called out as some children passed and some did not. The test was to adequately perform the transformation jutsu in their teacher’s form.
“Erika Arasaki.”
A blonde-haired, dark-skinned girl stood up and walked to the front of the class. She had grown slightly taller in the past year but nothing more. 
When she reached the front, she turned and faced Tanaka.
“Are you ready?” The plump teacher said.
She nodded in affirmation. She pulled up her hands and performed three hand seals.
Dog. Boar. Ram.

Suddenly, in a puff of smoke, she has morphed into Tanaka-sensei.
The real Tanaka, walked around the imitation, checking for any errors within the transformation.
Soon after, he nodded his head and jotted some notes down into his clipboard.
“Perfect, Erika-chan. You may return to your seat.” He announced cheerily.
He was proud of one of his students for doing well in their exam. 
A few more names were called, most being able to perform the jutsu well enough.
“Next, Kojirō Hyūga.” 
The boy in question, stood up and strolled down to the front of the class with his hands in his pockets. Tanaka smiled at the boy.
The boy, like Erika, had grown slightly over the past year. He had also gained a little bit of muscle too. Not much though, he was still only six after all.
“Ready?”
“Yes, sensei.” He replied as he performed a single ram deal.
His body distorted within a cloud of smoke as a perfect copy of his teacher emerged.
The adults in the room went wide eyed at the boy’s technique.
A single seal?!

While not all that impressive in and of itself, an academy student performing the transformation jutsu with one seal meant differently.
The academy’s curriculum never spoke about shortening a hand seal combination to more efficiently perform a jutsu. It was rare for even a chūnin to do so without external help.
Hiruzen stood up and briskly walked over to the boy.
“How did you learn to do that?” The Hokage questioned.
“Do what, sir?”
“You shortened the hand seal sequence from three signs to one.” He said with an eyebrow raised.
“Hand seals help in moulding chakra for techniques, right? So, instead, I did it internally.“
Hiruzen looked at the boy blankly before he bursted our laughing. Everyone in the room stared at the man, confused.
“You really are something, aren’t you?” He continued to laugh amusedly.
The boy just continued to stare up at him.
The Third Hokage turned around and walked over to where hitae-ate were neatly laid out on a table. He quickly grabbed one and returned in to Kojiro
“Here.” The man softly said as he wrapped the headband around the boy’s head and then ruffled his hair.
“You’re now officially a shinobi of Konohagakure!” He announced followed by a hearty laugh.
Kojirō gently touched his forehead which was now covered by a thin sheet of metal engraved with a leaf, the insignia of the village. He smiled.
“Thank you, Lord Hokage.”

Our MC’s now officially a genin.

Huzzah!
I’m gonna need to take a break for a while to confirm what the story with this novel is gonna be. I’ve got a rough idea in my head but I need to see what it’s going to look like on paper.
So I apologise in advance :)
P.S. Answer in the poll if possible.

What will be Kojirō‘s summons be?
  • Owls Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Falcons Votes: 8 22.2%
  • Snakes Votes: 2 5.6%
  • Scorpions Votes: 5 13.9%
  • Other (Comment) Votes: 7 19.4%
  • Owls and Scorpions (I’ll try and make it work somehow if this wins) Votes: 5 13.9%
Total voters: 36 · This poll was closed on Mar 19, 2020 10:10 PM.
11