Chapter 5: Dale Valshawn
106 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

I once heard from my classmates conversation about how humans easily adopt to the changes of their surrounding. I'm not really knowledgeable but according to their conversation, Will a person who lived in a peaceful lifestyle adjust easily if their environment were change to a place were violence was like a part of everyday life?

You might be thinking how very deep the conversation is right? Well, to tell you how this conversation came to be? It started about the novels that has been very popular throughout the school.

Normal transmigration story, reincarnation or even apocalypse stories has many main characters that started with someone normal thrown to a new environment that was very different from the normal peaceful situations they lived on before. Thought every story has its own unique style most of the characters easily adjusted to their environment.

Some of my classmates argued that people will definitely change especially if someone was thrown in a world where strong survive and weak dies. It is a way for humans to survive. On the other hand, some of my friends said that those are just fiction and it is not easy to change and adapt in real life.

I still remember that this conversation did not really move forward since everyone was not really into the study of such things, we just relied on the stories we read or our own opinions so this conversation naturally died and was forgotten.

But now, looking at the sate of the person in front of me I can't help but feel fear and confusion.

How can someone not feel fear of killing a person. If I remember it correctly, since going to the infirmary to sleep from waking up to find the world descended to chaos, it was just been about more or less 4 hours.

In that short amount of time, someone already did something like this. And the possibility that this someone was one of my classmate was quite high.

I snapped out from my horrifying thoughts when I heard the person groan.

'Ah!He's still alive!' This thought was the only thing that at least made me sigh with relief.

I hurriedly came beside the person. Looking at his bleeding hands I tried to free it first. However it seems it was tied very well that it was really hard to remove, it was also the same with his feet.

I tried to first pull him out of the cabinet since he look so uncomfortable inside it. However I underestimated my strength. He was to heavy!

If I put too much force to help him get out it might aggravate his current situation, so without any other way, I decided to let him be for now. Putting aside this predicament, I redirected my attention on his blindfolded eyes.

Despite the current situation, I can't help the itch in my heart. I was so curious who he was.

I slowly removed the blindfold.

'Ah! Ah! Ah!! So handsome!'

I was mesmerized.

He had thick, straight black hair that fell over his ears and down the exquisite slope of his neck, his pale face just enhanced his handsome features. His frown did not even lessen his handsomeness but instead gave it a strong flavor of seriousness and manliness.

I was dazed for a few seconds before I was struck but the knowledgeable that I don't recognize this person. I looked in confusion at his face. Being so handsome, I would have definitely not forget him if he was a classmate. In my opinion, this kind of looks definitely doesn't fall short to class representative's handsomeness.

I was confused and curious about the identity of this person. He might have been from a different class but if he was, how and why was he locked up here in our classroom cleaning cabinet.

Shaking my head, I tried to stop my thoughts and decided to just ask the person later. The first thing was to help the poor guy. Removing the binding was the first and I need to help him out of the cabinet.

I recall that I still have my sewing kit on my bag. Thankfully no one took it.

I hurriedly took it from my bag and got my blade and cut the cloth used to bind the person's feet and hands.

He might have felt the binds was removed, maybe felt my presence or maybe just naturally woke up from unconsciousness exactly when I just finished removing the binding in his hands and feet. I was leaning close to his body on this narrow place so I witness how his eyes slowly opened.

With my position, our faces were so close to each other. So when I looked at him and he to me, I was swallowed by his dark bottomless eyes. It was as if his eyes was a black-hole that wanted to swallow me to nothingness.

AH!”

Before I can even react, the sudden pain I felt woke me from my daze state.

Everything happened so fast that I was unable to respond to his action. It was only when I found that I was already pinned down the floor by the throat that I realized how he pushed me down with force.

Good thing that there were bunch of books and bags on the floor where I was forcefully pushed that cushioned my fall or I will have been heavily inured by the impact. However I still can feel the pain.

'The pain is real! Ah'

I was about to shout instinctively when it died on my throat because of fear! The eyes looking at me was like a beast. So savage and vicious that I felt like if I uttered any sound, he will snap my neck without any remorse.

I nearly passed out from fear!

It was as if I was not looking at a person but was looking at death directly. How could a person be like this? Is it normal? Am I going to die?

The hand on my neck seemed to tighten. The pain from suffocation was staring to make my mind muddled. Tears started to blur my eyes as well.

Despite the slow haze that was eating my thoughts, I can't help but find it funny that I was going to die by the hands of a human and not the zombies.

Fei Hawthorne...”

I already closed my eyes and thought I was already going to meet death when I was brought back by the hoarse voice that called my name.

I sluggishly opened my eyes and met with that dark abyss like eyes. It took me a while to notice that he loosen his hold on my neck. Enough to let me take in a few deep breath of air.

You are alive...” he whispered, Thought I was too occupied on breathing to catch his words.

Since the person slacken off his hold, my mind that was hazy because of lack of air started to become clearer. I realized that this person knows me.

With wariness, I cleared my throat. “Who are you?”

Complicated emotions seemed to flash on this person's black eyes as I asked him this question however it soon disappeared as fast as it appeared which made it like it never happened.

Completely removing his hands on my neck, he weakly sat near the opening of the cabinet.

I struggled to sit from my position. The pain from being forcefully pinned on the floor and suffocation dealt a huge blow to my already weak constitution.

Even thought I wanted to sit far away from him I was too tired so I just decided to sit at my current location. It was a good thing that he was sitting in front of me, so I was able to monitor his actions and the distance between us was enough to give me time to react if he will do anything.

I looked at him as he seemed to look at his bloodstain wrist.

'Dangerous!' This thought was floating on my mind as I feel the sudden increase of dangerous aura around him as he looked at his wrist.

Could this be the legendary killing intent? I can't help but think.

You saved me...” His hoarse voice once again got my attention back to him. His eyes that was looking at his wrist looked at me.

The dangerous feeling disappeared and what has been savage and vicious eyes became indifferent.

Yes, I saved you but you attacked me”, Somehow I got a feeling that I was no longer in danger. It might have been this feeling that gave me courage to say what I have said.

His lips tighten to a line.

Self- defense...”, contrary to the apology that I thought he will say, this word was said with a strained voice.

I can't help but choke from what he said. However after remembering how he was all tied up and nearly died from suffocation inside the cleaning cabinet, I can't help but frown and helplessly accept his word.

Nevertheless, I had my guard up against him. This person was definitely someone dangerous. Thought he stopped and did not kill me, I knew that he had it in him to kill without regret. And this is what made me fear him.

Who are you?” I said, driving the conversation to a better direction. At least this will sate my curiosity and also avoid the heavy talk about the 'self-defense' word.

If I recall it correctly, he did call my name awhile ago. This shows that this person knows me. Unfortunately, I was in disadvantage since I don't remember seeing or even interacting with him. I can shamelessly admit that I know most of the well-known handsome students in our division.

Never underestimate teenage girls. Most of my friends or even other girls in different class are always updated with those who are the most handsome and popular in our school. We even have a school ranking of who were the most handsome guys for the whole high school division.

This ranking was handled by the famous school club 'Most Handsome Club'. The ranking was done by the club every 3 months and they also have a section dedicated for them in the school newspaper.

This guy has his own charm but he was definitely someone handsome that can be on par with class representative who was crowned as the 'cold face prince'. But it seems he has been out of our radar since if he was known he will be somewhere in the top 10 of our school ranking. It's really amazing to know someone slipped from the scrutiny of the 'Most Handsome Club'.

My mind drifted, once again. Ah! “I'm sorry... I didn't hear that. What did you say?”

His brows frowned as I tried to keep my face neutral and not to annoy him for not listening.

Dale Valshawn...” He said once again.

My mind blanked out as I hear what he said. “I'm sorry... but your joking right?” I said as I can't help but laugh softly.

I suddenly felt that the temperature seemed to drop several degrees, it made me stop my laugh and shiver uncontrollably.

'It can't be! No way!' I screamed in my mind, however outside I can't help but just look and gape at him from shock.

As I was still in a state of shock. He seemed to know how unbelievable for me to accept what he said. So with an irritated look, he seemed to take something from within the cabinet.

At first, I was confused what he took but as I saw what he had on his hand, I got a feeling that something unbelievable will happen.

Eyeglasses.

When he wore the eyeglasses, I nearly passed out from shock.

'Hey! Your playing with me, aren't you?'

It was as if someone cast a transformation magic on him. By just wearing the eyeglasses, his eyeglasses, I definitely know who he is! Ah!

Dale Valshawn!!!”

Can someone tell me? Please tell me! How can someone change so much from just wearing eyeglasses?

I'm not really biased, but from the handsome guy with cold and vicious aura he change to someone plain without any presence.

If it is not magic, then what can you call this drastic changes?

1