Chapter 4-The Series Mascot Is Here!
33 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I go up the stairs sliding my right hand against the cold stone walls. As we make our way to the second floor, I begin to notice gold lining the walls forming a collection of circular symbols connected by red metal strands loosely hanging on the wall.

The further up we go the more gold lining we see. Eventually, the stairs slowly become plated with blue crystal sheets filled with gold strands.

After around fifteen minutes we make it to the second floor, It's filled with bright green balls of light gently floating in the air, each one inside of symbol inscribed brass rings attached too small blue crystal bases attached to the roof and floor.

I move to touch one but stop as white light explodes from the crystal bases shoot a white light, forming a wall around it, effectively stopping me.

"Hey sis, what are those shiny things?"

"Those are primal elementals, contained remains of those who survived the dragon gods breath and lived to tell the tale."

"What?"

"Super strong souls, that are just too angry and strong to die."

"Okay, I guess?"

We look around the room some more simply exploring without thought just doing what we want, Though I'm the only one interested in exploring. I bend down and begin to examine the small crystals, trying to figure out how exactly they manage to make those shiny walls.

"There's nothing special about them, they're just blue crystals; How do they trap those strong souls then?"

"I don't know brother."

I give up on trying to figure out the crystals and instead begin to look at the green mana crystals surrounded by gold attached to the wall.

Around them, the gold strands seem to be branching apart, one branch entering the walls and the other flowing on the walls, each one connected to the other collectively forming a golden web spanning all across the wall.

I try to touch one of the green crystals, but the moment my finger is the centimeters from it, gold strands shoot out from the stone wall, piercing my finger filling it with loosely hanging strands of golden hairs.

I attempt to move my hand away, but the strands begin to pull me towards the wall; the more they manage to pull me toward the wall, the more strands shoot out of the wall and pierce me. Panicked, I punch the wall with my free arm, destroying a majority of the wall in front of me with a blunt force explosion, sending a collection of stone and crystals flying.

The strands of gold immediately retract themselves from my body and attempt to collect the crystals failing to catch even a minority of them due to their high speed.

Suddenly the green crystals on to the wall release a blindingly bright light. A shattering noise instantly fills the room as the light walls protecting the primal souls break, releasing them all.

"Congratulations idiot, you activated the tower's defensive protocol; Now hurry up and run!"

Sister hits the back of my head, pointing to the massive hole in the wall I made. Immediately I leap towards the massive net formed by the golden strands breaking through it easily thanks to the boost sister gave me.

The moment I land, I immediately start running away from the tower, trying hard to get away from it as fast as possible.

"Damn, stop before it fires!"

I stop, sister jumping off of my shoulder and moving behind me. I turn around to see the tower begin to fill with veins of light. Blue lights form large circular symbols connected by green strings of lights. White light explodes from the symbols forming large spikes.

The large blue orb begins to glow red, giving it the appearance of a small sun trapped in a large glass ball. The three other towers protecting the kingdom begin to go through a similar transformation.

Suddenly a large dome of red light appears, wrapping around the entirety of the kingdom. The large white spikes attached to the towers launch themselves in seemingly random directions, as they move small strands of light begin to fall, branching apart each one landing on what appears to piles of broken wood dolls.

The white spikes themselves, land outside the borders of the kingdom in large dirt mounds.

I look towards sister, wondering how she intends to deal with the situation. She stomps on the ground multiple times, wearing the face of a deranged demon.

"I need more mana damn it!"

She looks towards me, causing me to shiver in fear in response to her ogre-like face.

"Run through the barrier, the mana I gave you should be enough. I don't care about those stupid merchants. Damn it, I don't want to die!"

Sis jumps onto my shoulders and slaps my head, screaming into my ear, telling me to run as hard as I can.

Immediately I begin to run obeying my terrifying sister. Each step I take launches me forward several tens of steps worth, at a wind tearing speed, allowing me to make it to the kingdom's border in four steps.

I launch a fist in front of me the moment I make it to the barrier. The moment they make contact, the barrier shatters forming a hole approximately half as tall as the defensive towers.

I continue to run, tightly gripping my sister's legs, not stopping until the towers are barely visible, ignoring sisters screams of shock and terror.

I stop as soon as I feel that we have moved far enough away from the towers, getting on my knees as soon as I make sure, we are safe since I am sure we will scold me.

Sister loosely hanging on my back, tightly gripping her head, falls onto the ground head first. She tries to stand up, failing multiple times as her arms keep giving up on her due to intense dizziness.

After a couple of moments of struggling, she manages to successfully stand up and walk in front of me.

Her face switched from that of a deranged demon into that of a sick little girl. Her cheeks have taken on a red hue, and her eyes seem to have puffed up, making her already squinting eyes look closed.

"Okay, I'm sorry I may have given you a small bit to much of my mana. So as an apology, let me sleep and recover; make sure to protect me super good, okay."

"What about the mercenaries?"

"I don't have any mana to give them, so please let me avoid embarrasment, okay."

"Sister are you okay; you're acting super differently."

"I'm fine. I just need to rest and collect mana."

"Okay then."

"Please prop me up on that tree please."

Sis raises her arms and steps away from me, making it easier to move her. I gently lift her by the arms, cradling her as I move to the nearest tree.

While escaping the towers I ran to the nearby forest, it surrounds the capital. I look around at the tall thick trees reaching over thirty feet in height as I prop sister up against a nearby tree only a few steps away making sure she's comfy and safe.

I move to touch the red leaves that make the treetops failing as they appear to be around twenty feet away from me. I point my head downwards in disappointment, wishing to grow tall enough to touch and play with the tree's leaves.

After looking at the deep brown dirt and dried dead leaves I decide to instead play around with it.

I get down on my knees and begin to scoop some dirt with my hands and make a small pile in front of me. I try to make it as big as my head so that I can try to make a tiny sculpture of my head.

I start by trying to make my eyes in the dirt but my big fingers don't have the dexterity to make anything out of the dirt without it falling apart.

I give up after a couple of attempts I give up and instead decide to watch sister. She appears to be deep asleep, Her eyes are closed shut and her hair is loosely hanging in front of her face making it difficult to get a good proper look at her face. Her dress is loose with the area around her shoulders exposed.

Instead of shoulders like mine. Instead, a small white ball appears to be connecting her upper arm and chest. The areas where the ball connects seems to be wrapped in the skin at the ends of her chest and arms, making it so that it's slightly exposed.

Her arms loosely hanging by her sides and her forearms are resting on the ground. Her legs stick straight out and bend slightly making it look like she fell asleep halfway into the process of sitting.

I become interested in the ball and look for more in the places I can. Her hands don't have one but a wooden ring does go around her wrist, I think its what lets her take off her had. Her elbow has a ball, like her shoulders but it's smaller and more covered. If I didn't look closely I would've thought her elbow was just a tinier version of mine.

Her ankles don't have a ball, but they have a ring just like her wrist and her knees appear to be a covered up ball as well.

I try to look at her neck, but I'm too scared to wake her up so I just leave it alone.

As I stare at sister I hear the leaves above us move. I look up and see a small raccoon-like animal.

Its snout is smaller and thicker compared to raccoons, and it has red fur with an orange mask instead of grey fur and a black mask, its underbelly is also a light shade of brown, and it's tail despite being super fluffy it is more like a cat's.

It appears to be moving to be grabbing a small red fruit hanging on one of the tree's thick branches. Noticing me staring at it, it begins to hiss and claw at the air.

Despite its clear anger it manages to maintain the same level of cuteness it had sniffing around the tree.

".....I want to hold it."

1