Chapter 2-Collapse
124 5 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Father Lies here, what does that mean?"

"Father placed the concept of kingdoms in your head but not the concept of death. Father what do you wish to do?"

She placed her hand on top of the stone and gently slid it downwards.

"What is death?"

"Brother it is when a body goes hollow."

"Does that mean that someone stole his organs?"

"No it means he'll never move, speak, or think. It means that his body and soul have gone beyond what they were supposed to and have simply burned away."

"Wasn't father human?"

So humans burn when they die?

"Nevermind it's fine, for now let me rest for a bit."

She moved next to the stone and sat down, resting on it.

I decided to look around the room.

The room is really big with a nice round roof with walls that follow the curve, a massive hole rest at the center of the roof. The floor is covered in glowing blue grass and white flowers

"Hey sis why is the floor covered in white poppies and starlight grass?

"I don't know brother."

A gentle light falls through the roof flowing into the starlight grass causing each blade to emit a soft light.

Suddenly a large amount of light began to flow into the room endlessly being absorbed by the starlight grass.

The more light that flows through the roof the brighter the starlight grass glows.

"Sis look!"

Suddenly the floor seemed to be made of a pure blue light, the white poppies gently swinging contrasting the small colorful lights appearing on the wall.

"Yes brother it is rather nice."

Mmm she didnt even bother to open her eyes.

The floor turned into a sheet of blue as the moonlight gently flowed in adding streaks of a calming white to the bright colorfull room.

"LOOK LOOK ITS SO PRETTY!"

"I know brother I've seen this sight countless times."

"Yes super pretty!"

Theres so many colors on the wall!

"Hey sis what color is that!"

I pointed at a random light on the wall.

"That's red but father often called it Insane Light."

"Insane light?"

"Yes and that one is violet or deadly passions light and that one is yellow or stars light."

"I know what yellow is."

"...Brother tell me does your head feel fuzzy?"

"No sis Im fine."

"Brother do you know your name?"

"I dont have a name."

"...Brother should I name you?"

I nod my head as hard as I can.

"I'll give you one another time."

"Why sister?"

"A name should represent you and I don't know you so no name for you yet."

I stopped looking around the room and began walking to the most interesting doll.

"Sister there are so many dolls, do you know what they mean?

"These are all of the creatures father found important."

I walked to the only animal doll I knew, a small racoon.

I picked it up wishing to closer examine it.

"Put it down."

I turned towards my sister...ogre?

She has the most enraged expression I think possible for her face.

I accidentally dropped the doll in fear, enraging her further.

She slowly stood up being extra carefull so that she doesnt damage the stone.

"Calm down sis I'm sorry."

For some reason I blinked...within the single second my eyes were closed she appeared in front of me.

"Fuck your too tall."

...........

"Eight feet, three inches, and 5 centimeters...Get your knees ready."

God that hurts!

I suddenly found myself on the floor.

"Sorry sis."

She gave me a wierd look ,took a deep breath , and grabbed my shoulders.

"Just listen to me, now come let us leave."

"Where are we going?"

"Where do you want to go?"

"Umm can we walk around the kingdom."

"Fine."

"Yay!"

I stood up and stared at my sister.

"Alright up we go."

She moved to the center of the room and jumped reaching over the hole in the roof.

I moved to the center of the room and looked seeing if I could find a ledge.

"A ball?"

In the center of the hole is a ball of moonlight.

"Come on brother."

I proceeded to jump with all my might.

Before I could even process anything I found myself high in the sky surrounded by clouds. I looked up and saw the moon, a big white rock emitting a gentle light.

"So pretty."

I dont care that I'm falling I'll be fine, I have to appreciate this while I can.

As I fall I see the moonlight peering through the clouds each little string growing smaller as I fall.

Before long I Ianded on the roof with a loud boom.

"Wow the roof's really tough sis!"

"On your knees."

The moment I heard her icey voice I knew I should just accept my fate.

"If you had landed back in that room the ground would've cracked and all the plants would be either crushed or sent flying...brother your fine to do as you please I just ask that you don't destroy anything especially our fathers grave O K A Y."

"Yes ma'am."

I looked up to make sure that my sister has gotten rid of that ogre face but I stopped mid motion.

"Sis why are all the buildings broken?"

I see a sea of houses all either partially collapsed or simply pieces lying in a pile of rubble as well as what appears to be roads?

"Brother it seems you are fine to just jump down. Do you want to?"

"Yes it feels really good to fall."

Things look super differnt as you fall so I wonder how the city will look half way down.

"Carry me I don't want to climb down if I dont have to."

In fear of angering her once again I immediately accepted.

I grabbed and carefully placed her on my shoulder wrapping my arm around her waist.

"Father did a good job making your joints."

"...Hey sis what was father like."

"After our little exploration I'll show you a message he left."

"Okay sister."

Standing at an angle due to the round roof I prepared to jump. I bent my knees wrapped my sister tighter and jumped making sure I fall straight.

I made sure to look down as we fall.

<Smack>

White?

I looked to my side to see my sister holding her head as her hair flew in every direction going up, which just so happens to include where my face is.

"Is your hair going to fly away?"

"Be quit."

<Crack Boom>

It seems we've landed.

"You really are heavy aren't you?"

When I landed I didn't exactly stop in fact I dug in pretty deep making a large crater full of cracks.

"...Brother run."

"What?"

"RUN!"

I suddenly heard the sound if something big falling. I decide to look behind me and saw that a large chunk of the castle had been damaged.

I immediately started running in the opposite direction.

"THIS TIME YOU BREAK SOMETHING I SWEAR TO GOD YOU WILL REGRET EVERYTHING AFTER WE ESCAPE!"

I ignored her and continued to run slowly my speed slowly rising as the sounds of falling and breaking grew louder and clearer.

"HOW, THIS IS FATHERS HOME NO MATTER HOW OLD IT IS, IT JUST CANNOT BREAK THIS EASILY!"

She began hitting my head, even so I continue to ignore her,running till everything became a blur.

"Stop we're far enough!"

She smacked my head even harder.

"Okay sis."

The head hitting is a little annoying but it doesnt hurt so everything is fine.

"Um so sis you said father left a message for me. Can I see it?"

".........."

"Please."

"Fine."

I removed my arm and let her hop off me after getting on my knees.

She got off walked a couple steps in front of me then twisted her hand off?

"Um sister can humans tear their hands off to?"

"You think I'm human?"

Her eyes shot wide open for some reason.

"Yes."

"...Father."

"What?"

"Its nothing."

She placed her hand on the ground and spit in it?

No it's fine don't question anything. Do not make her angrier.

After a few seconds a bright light flowed out the hand taking the shape of...an...

"Father?"

In front of me is an old man covered in wrinkles. His bones are clear to see...He appears to be fatally diseased.

I have never seen him before, even so I feel an extreme sense of familiarity when looking at him.

"Good day or night my son welcome to the world...I'm sorry I'll only ever be the message of some stranger I wish to be more but I simply cannot so I must ask that your forgive me."

His voice is incredibly clear despite his slow lip movement and heavy breaths.

Why can't you be more father? Why?

"When this plays the confusion found when bringing the knowledge you posses to light should have worn away. You're probably confused as to why I refer to you as son well that's simple in fact I leave it to my sweet daughter and your sister to answer."

I looked at my sister hoping to get an answer.

"Sis?"

"Dont be lazy father."

"I should stop here after all I have ten more messages to leave but before I end this one I have one more thing to say."

No don't stop please don't stop.

"I love you."

He suddenly smiled. Even with his wrinkled stiff face he still managed to put on a small smile.

This skinny, dying, old man put on a smile. I never meet him I know nothing about him, even so his calm deep voice with that small bright smile broke something in me.

I looked up at my sister only to see her standing face down with droplets of water falling down her face.

Suddenly my head began to hurt.

Everything hurts.

WHY DOES EVERYTHING HURT!

I lost consciousness

2