Chapter 3-Rest before a new exploration
55 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In the edge of a fallen kingdoms Capital lies a sleeping golem and a near hollow puppet. It lays on the golems back mumbling to itself as it swings its legs upwards and downwards.

"Brother should be fine. All he needs is to rest and allow mana to slowly flow into his body."

Suddenly the puppet sat up spinning its head, it did so for approximately two minutes stopping after it had confirmed whatever it was checking.

"There seems to be no stealth type golems or late stage marionettes around...I guess it's fine for now."

The puppet looked at the black remains of mana conductors lying on the sides of the road, each mana conductor surrounded by pieces of an unknown red metal.

After confirming one more time that it is safe the puppet split the hair behind its head revealing a hole in its dress on its upper back. In that hole lies a pitch black orb with a metal frame around it, several small lumps with what appeares to be bone coated with an unknown clear material connects the lumps with the strange black orb.

The puppet grabbed its snow white hair, placing it in front of its shoulders making sure not a single strand of it was on its back.

"Thankyou father for giving me such long hair."

Suddenly the puppets eyes went wide exposing every bit of white, its face taking on a red hue as it seemed to have figured something out.

"I guess I should move."

It slowly removed itself from the golem instead taking a seat next to it.

"Forgive me brother."

The puppet looked at its brother contemplating something.

Maybe I should Maybe I shouldn't the puppet is having difficulty making a decision.

"Brother you will pay me back for this."

The puppet moved its head closer to the golems chest, opening its mouth it appeared to be ready to simply spit on its brother.

The black orb on the puppets back began to emit a soft white light, as the orb began to change color the puppet's tongue exited its mouth splitting in half revealing a small golden stone approximately two centimeters in diameter held up by a collection of thick red strings each one connected to the halfs of its tounge.

It faced its head upward, its eyes glowing gold the air in front of it began to violently vibrate as something appeared to flow into it.

After a couple seconds of collecting what appears to be mana the vibrating air began to flow into its mouth forming a small ball in the center.

It closed its mouth, stood up, placed its head directly above its brother and spit on him.

A small strand of an unknown liquid dropped out its mouth landing on its brother's chest.

"Okay brother that should be enough mana."

<Switching To Brothers View>

Feeling a sudden blast of energy I stood up, my eyes wide open.

"HEY SIS WHERE ARE YOU I WANNA EXPLORE!"

I looked around stopping my eyes as soon as I saw my sister...lying on the ground several feet away from me with her head on the ground.

"Ummm sis are you alright?"

"Yes now come over here and carry me!"

Sister really is lazy huh?

"Hurry Up!"

I calmed down and attempted to walk to her only to send myself flying after attempting to take a single step.

Instantly I found myself face first in the ground.

I attempted to slowly push myself up only to send myself flying upwards.

In another instant I found myself in the ground.

"Umm sis something's wrong."

"WHAT?"

"NEVERMIND!"

I decided to just dig my hands into the ground and slowly drag myself over to my sister.

Thankfully I didnt go flying again so after a couple minutes of crawling I made it to my sister.

"Hey sis I feel super good. Did you do something to me?"

"How else would you have woken up now hurry up and carry me let's explore the kingdom a little."

I didnt question her and decided to slowly stand up.

I placed my hands seven inches from my hips and began to slowly bend my elbows, raising my upper body. After raising myself a small bit I moved my knees foward opening them a small bit at a time as I pushed again the ground, raising my back.

After a couple seconds I found myself on my knees.

I placed my hands under my head after lowering my upper body and began pushing up.

After around two minutes I managed to successfully stand up.

I bent my knees, lifted up my sister, and placed her on my left shoulder.

"Can you hold me up."

I looked to my side and saw my sister hanging on my shoulder.

"Sure."

I put my arm on her back so that she could sit more comfortably.

"Alright go ahead and walk around."

I began to walk foward, right into the remains of some building ruins.

"Looks like we're in the housing district."

"Housing district?"

"Yes this is were the people lived, assuming they didnt contribute enough."

On the ground is nothing but grey dust, red blocks, and broken wood tiles.

"I wonder where the roof went?"

"What?"

"See all that broken wall."

"Yes why?"

"Well there should be part of a big, flat, black tilted rock."

"Sister are you fine?"

"Yes I'm just a little tired."

I wonder what happened while I was asleep?

"I'm sorry to cancel our little adventure but some mercenaries should be here soon so why dont you go ahead and take us to that big spire after we rest for a couple minutes."

I turned around to see a large building shaped like a spear.

It reaches the sky so I cant quite see the tip but on the top appears to be a large ball.

"What is that sister?"

"It's what used to maintain the marionette movement system."

"What?"

"The people that could not provide a big enough contribution would only be able to live on for another twenty years after death as a low class marionette that cannot leave the city."

"What?"

How would people contribute?

"We can continue talking later."

"Okay. Do you want to rest on my back again?"

"...Its fine I'll just rest on the ground."

"Okay."

I carefully removed her from my shoulder and placed her gently on the ground.

"Thankyou brother."

I went ahead and sat down.

I began to look around again.

The wall sister pointed at looks really damaged. It's made of the red blocks and what appears to the undamaged grey dust that's all over the ground. It appears to be twice as tall as I am though I can only assume with only the tip having what appears to be a little bit of roofing.

There is more wall around us leading me to believe that this home used to me just a big red cube.

I look in the same direction as what I think used to be the entrance and see a large red metal pole that has broken in half surrounded by bits of broken road.

Across the road, a couple feet apart from the remains appears to be even more home ruins.

The homes appear to be equally as damaged as the remains we're resting in with the metal poles in front of the houses being damaged differently.

One is just a collection of metal blocks and other appears to be fully in tact though it seems to be missing something on its top

"Hey sis what did those metal things hold?"

"I dont know the science but father's partners made a system where a special made mana stone would be held up and placed in certain positions making a giant net across the city. They were what allowed the marrianettes to move."

"...Sis can you tell me about father?"

"...Okay."

"Then can you tell me why father calls me son?"

"Why do you call father your father."

"I don't know?"

"...Okay well father calls you son because he made and treasures you."

"What?"

"Okay then time to go."

"No sister you need to tell me."

I'm a little nervous but father said she would tell me so she has to tell me.

"How about I show you another one of his messages after we talk with the mercenaries."

...Shes not going to answer is she.

"Fine."

So I decided to sit down and wait for the mercenaries.

"Hey sis what are mercenaries."

"They're a group of people that work for a big old organization that do things for money."

"Why?"

"Because you need money to live."

"Why?"

"Because money gets things like food and other essentials."

"Why?"

"...Okay it's going to be a while till they get here. Do you want to explore the building while waiting?"

"Sure. Can you show me the message while we walk?"

"No they might get here while it plays."

"...Why can't they hear it?"

"Because if they here even one message they may switch sides."

"What?"

"I'll tell you while we walk now you know what to do."

Without hesitation I lifted her up, placed her on my left shoulder, and supported her with my arm.

I looked around finding a set of stairs on the side of the big circular room.

"Can you try not to fly this time."

"Its fine I'll just be extra carefull."

I began to slowly walk stiffening and loosening my leg multiple times every step making sure my steps don't apply more force.

"Hey sis do you know what's in here."

 

"You'll find out after you walk around."

1