73. The Eggheads Got Angry
230 2 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

Since Sena has secretly gone out of the country, the eggheads who didn't know where she went almost broke their heads finding her whereabouts. She hadn’t contacted them for several days making them antsy especially when a small celebrity meaningfully pulled up Sena’s name. 

While everyone was gearing up to join the donation challenge, Yuni, Maya’s cousin, made a rude remark during a live show.

The host asked, “Has Yuni donated to the disaster fund? The trend was started by your co-star Nancy in Challenge Me and has now gained thousands of followers from other celebrities.”

“Yes, I have. Most of us who feel strongly for the victims have answered the call and it’s human nature to help.” Yuni smiled sweetly, “However, what I don’t understand is that there could still be some hard hearted people out there who prefer to turn a blind eye. I wonder how their conscience takes it?” 

The host smiled faintly. He had met plenty of celebrities in this show making sly innuendo on their rivals so he did not let go of the chance to stab the gossip. If it can help the segment rake more views, why does he care if they fight after? 

“It appears you have someone in mind.” 

Yuni sighed. “I don’t have to say it outright, everyone has eyes. When we joined the same show, everyone thought she was generous and kind…”

The eggheads who later found that this seemed to target Sena, added by the guesses of netizens, frowned.  

[SassyYuya]: I may not be an expert in talking shit but this is surely pointing at Sena. If this goes on people will poke her again for not joining the charity frenzy! 

[LordSydney]: The post about the disaster in Country R is making headlines and people are crazily making videos about their donations and whatnot.  

[Chang’anTheGreat]: What kinda donation madness have these people come up with? Sena had been donating half of her allowance since grade school. Does she have to pull out her list of beneficiaries to prove it? 

[SassyYuya]: Hahaha the list is long, enough to strangle them with it! This is obviously another tactic to take a bite at her. 

[LordSydney]: Relax everyone, did you forget what our agreement was when the movie was made? I will issue a word later on behalf of the crew and let these bastards cure their blind eyes. We cannot let our lady boss have an accident while she’s away. It’s the least we could do after she helped us with the filming. 

[Chag’anTheGreat]: Let’s meet at Ramsy’s place this afternoon.

 

Later that day at Ember, an exclusive high-end club…

Yuya, the most flamboyant of the four, arrived first. He sat on the tufted black leather couch in the private room swinging his right leg leisurely on the other. Then he tipped his head towards the guy in a dark blue shirt playing on the pool table. 

“Ramsy bruh, heard you bought a farmstead?” 

“En.” 

“Well, it’s been a while since we went up here. Don’t you have something to commemorate the new purchase?”

The door opened and Chang’an came in. “Your parents really give you a good face. It’s thick enough.”  

Yuya snorted at him, “Have you forgotten how he backed out on his promise to treat us when he bought a Koenigsegg last year?” 

“You still remember that?”

“I don’t have amnesia but I think you do. Did granny beat you so hard that your head was skewed?”

Ramsy glared at him. 

“Oh, I remember!” Chang’an jumped. “There seems to be something like that.” 

Ramsy chuckled, scratching his brow. “You two can sing a duet.”  

“What’s the fuss everyone?” This time, Sydney stepped in with his flashy black leather jacket and ripped jeans. He walked to his favorite seat and immediately propped his legs on the table like a lazy king. 

“Ramsy bought a farm.” Yuya grinned. “So we’re asking him to treat us.” 

“Damn, you’re jumping to the countryside and rebirth as a farmer? Did granny Elle finally disinherit you?” Sydney asked. “What about this place?”

Ramsy looked at his friends as if looking at kindergarten brats and explained patiently.

“It’s just a small place to relax. There was an old good barn out there near the mountains and I renovated it for convenience. I will still manage Ember.” 

Yuya rushed to his side and threw his arm on his shoulder, “Tch, big guy, you can’t leave us out of it. When will you invite us over there?”

Ramsy felt like having a headache. These bastards… 

“The renovations are about done. I’ll tell you when it’s ready then we can go camping on the nearby mountain.” 

The four talked about some trivial things at first before going to the matter at hand. 

“It’s because of this one comment that the trolls begin to jump again.” Chang’an flung his phone to Sydney showing him the video. 

“Don’t they ever have a holiday?” Sydney sneered. 

Yuya said, “Would you want a holiday if you’re being paid enough?”

“Who’s this girl by the way?” Sydney frowned, he wasn’t able to recognize Yuni. 

Can’t blame him since her face was barely memorable. 

“Yuni, she was some child star a few years ago and is a relative of Luz'z. Maya Luz’s cousin from her mother's side.”

Everyone looked at the petite girl with bobbed curly hair wearing a tube top dress and large hoop earrings. She has a white, slender physique popular nowadays. Looking closer, you can even see her hip bones sticking out and her legs skinny as chopsticks. 

Yuya scoffed. “Pffft~ with this face where did she get the guts to appear on TV? That make up is so thick it can frighten children into nightmares.”

“Luz, huh. I can see the resemblance. Now we know where the grudge came from.” Ramsy massaged his neck tiredly. “By the way I seem to have heard her name being mentioned by Jay. That guy from your crew.”

Everyone gave Sydney a look of pity. Of all people, why did he have to encounter this rotten egg?

Sydney rolled his eyes. 

What to join his new project? Impossible. They still have to clean up the dirt she splashed on Sena.

“It doesn’t make sense, Sena has long cut ties with her father. What are they clamoring about?” Yuya said sullenly. 

“It’s not as simple as cutting ties.” Chang’an replied. “The reason is that Sena’s existence threatens to blow up all the lies they fed the people. Have you forgotten how Maya Luz prides herself as the only princess of Alber Luz?”

Under several calculated moves, fake news made by trolls in the internet, people assumed that Sena Erde is a rude, stupid and destitute ugly girl disinherited by her father.  

The Luz princess and the abandoned child, no matter where those two are placed they are bound to be discussed and compared. In the current society, especially in the entertainment industry, those kinds of comparison will only be magnified. 

It hasn’t been long since Sena’s poor image improved after joining a variety show and investing on The Hermit. It can easily crumble when faced with fierce brainwashing from trolls and anti-fans and looking at this situation, it doesn’t seem like the Luz’ family is letting go of her so easily. 

Since Maya has made a good impression with her mother’s constant propaganda, Sena’s background and growing fame is a huge thorn in their hearts and they will do anything to destroy it. First, they have to wash themselves clean and spill all the dirt on her. 

These days there is no lack of posts demining Sena in every way and praising Maya to the sky. Of course, there are some bright and sharp-eyed netizens who can clearly see the purpose of these biased posts but their opinions are often drowned out as soon as they speak them out.  

But today, the situation has to change for one! 

Not long after the eggheads held an emergency meeting, they agreed to let Sydney speak on his official page on behalf of The Hermit crew. As a multimillion blockbuster movie, their fame shot out with the speed of a rocket and aside from the film itself the director also became known.

Several days ago it was rumored that ten percent of The Hermit’s revenue will go to the survivors setting off a storm on the internet. Later Sydney Waller, the promising young director stepped up to prove this, detonating another curious discussion. 

#The Hermit Director Confirms Donation 

#Huge Disaster Fund From Sena and Crew

#Who’s Stingy Now?

[Tsk, tsk, what a generous move!]

[My goodness, does this mean Sena has done her donations as soon as the news came out?]

Sydney smirked reading the comments. They discussed several months ago that a part of Sena’s money will go to the disaster fund. Strange things was, there was no news of typhoon or whatsoever until now. 

They had no plans of announcing the donation to the public but who made these trolls so irritating? They won’t shut up until they are shown with the facts. 

[Wipe your eyes, stupid trolls. Look who’s behind this billion dollar blockbuster!]  

[Wahahaha the director and his crew were such low key people, they must have been so pissed with countless posts against Sena and took out the receipt to slap the trolls.] 

[It must feel so embarrassing for a certain someone to publicly shame Sena and suddenly find out she had made more donations than her.]

[Hahaha and it was done way earlier! Does their face hurt?]

[All I can say is, deserved!]

While Sydney post gained attention, Yuni was busy primping in the washroom unaware that her little moves to stab Sena had been broken. When she came she noticed that people were looking at her differently but never did she think that it was because she had turned into a joke in their eyes. 

She lifted her chin proudly and swayed her hips. 

“Oh, Yuni did you know that your comment on the show the other day is now popular?” A studio staff member asked, grinning from ear to ear. 

“Really?” Yuni replied faintly. She knew everyone paid attention to her comment but she pretended it wasn’t a big deal. A reporter even came to ambush her about the person she was talking about and wanted to hear her clearly say Sena.   

In order to avoid mistakes, she avoided mentioning Sena’s name but she made several hints to everyone. She doesn’t need to open her mouth again, they all have an idea in their hearts. 

“Are you running to audition for Shattered Wings?” the staff asked. “The director just entered studio D.”

Yuni’s eyes lit up, she pulled her dress again and put on a sweet smile on her face, “Thanks for the notice, I’ll go right away,”  

She rushed out excitedly, failing to notice the sarcasm in the eyes of the onlookers. 

Shattered Wings is a fantasy romance movie based on an online novel, Sydney Waller’s new project. With her slander against Sena brewing these past few days, they wonder how she will face the fury of the man who stepped up to defend Sena. 

 

 

 

8