77. Explanation
203 3 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

Shortly after their conversation Sydney began the reversal. First he stated that the audition was done in a clear and honest way, that every auditionee has their chance to showcase their talent in the allotted time. There were no malicious manipulations and so on. Since it was Yuni who first slandered the crew, they can only show evidence. 

Yuni, who saw Sydney’s post, turned pale in an instant. She never thought they would reveal the audition clips! 

The crew was generous enough and put the recording of her lame acting online without cuts. With substantial evidence of why she was not accepted, she could no longer pretend to be pitiful and was spurned back instead. 

[I don’t blame the director for ousting her.]

[Giving her five minutes is simply a waste of time.]

[This was supposed to be a crying scene when the supporting role saw the male lead and female lead hold hands. But Yuni’s face here… she looked like she was chewing on raw lemon.]

[So ugly!]

[My God, what did I watch? Quick, give me holy water. I need to wash my eyes!]

[Not to mention supporting role #3 even if you are #100 your acting was still shitty.]

[Hahaha thank you director for posting this, my depression was gone after I laughed enough.]

[I also thank the director for saving my favorite live action adaptation from this scourge.]

[Even if it is just a small role, Shattered Wings must not be tarnished!]

The novel fans who were pressed down earlier rallied and hacked Yuni bloody. 

Several hours as the post fermented, Yuni who started all of this suddenly disappeared. She must have been frightened by the bloody storm she caused on the internet and chose to deactivate her account. 

“Serves her right!” Elia spat, swiping her phone frantically. 

The whole office came back to life as the issue finally cleared before the end of the day. 

Sena shook her head smilingly and thanked everyone who believed in her. They endured the rabid netizen’s ridicule when they spoke on her behalf. Such cute people, she was blessed to have them. She was touched by their protection, after all none of them are blood related but they treat her sincerely like their own. Unlike some people… 

And of course, she did not forget to give a sweet cookie to the eggheads who stood by her side all these time. 

[HerMajesty]: Thank you so much, I really owe you one this time. Why don’t we gather at Ramsy’s place soon?

The four instantly came to life. 

The plan was set in the weekend. For the time being, she set aside some work to meet with the Tang couple to report and confess about her sudden departure to Country R. 

 

The governor of K Province thanked several institutions all over the world who stepped in to assist them during the super typhoon. It was not a secret how grateful he was to Nexus Global’s heiress for being the first to extend a hand and did not shy away from showering praises to the mysterious girl. 

Therefore when the governor posted another message on his account praising Sena Erde for personally coming at ground zero to help, the hot search boiled over again. 

Alpha Technologies, the brain behind a certain internet platform worked double time in order not to let the servers crash. This trend of hot news, it is estimated that they will render several hours of overtime. 

Well, it’s all money but… they are growing bald, ah! 

That wasn’t all. The governor’s praise was followed by several of Ms Erde’s photos with the personnel in the capitol seriously discussing releasing humanitarian aid. She sat in front of a mountain of medicine boxes which are expected to be dispensed to the families.

The typhoon caused an international stir and received a lot of attention. Along with Sena, there are other high profile personalities who also came and donated. Several photos of their interaction were posted anonymously while they stayed in K province to monitor the rehabilitation every step of the way. 

The videos came late but the commendations were still needed. Sena represented the crew of The Hermit and was in-charge of the handover of the funds. In less than half a day, Sydney who has been scorned by the netizens is now facing thousands of thanks and praise along with the other three eggheads.

This light of glory, it’s all thanks to Sena who sneakily went out of the country without informing them! 

The news also inadvertently explained as to why Sena was seemingly absent when everyone was going crazy raising funds for hype. Who would have known she had already flown and made the first move?! 

Soon the topic #aproperrichkid and #thisbigsister topped all other lists. 

Their situation has reversed and no one dared to question their intentions.

To those who secretly and openly ridiculed Sena online, they aroused the netizens' endless disgust. Especially celebrities like Yuni. Like magic, the memes and disparaging comments disappeared. Those who were guilty quickly cleansed their walls. 

Sena’s fans were not quarrelsome but they can still fight when pushed so they laughed when they saw the changes. 

[Humph, you can own a mouth but not a brain.]

[The reason why big sister Sena doesn’t speak? It’s because it will feel cheap talking back to goats.]

[Only those with bad intentions can speak foul against others.]

[This level of calmness and finesse must be taught to all. Her attitude also reflects her level of education.]

[Big sister, big sister, do you lack younger siblings in the family? I’m willing to be adopted.]

Inside Sena’s home in Paragon, Apple finally breathed a sigh of relief. 

“Fortunately it was settled.” He then threw his sight to Nicholas who was playing with the kitten. 

Sena smiled, “Thank you.” 

“Nope.”

She looked surprised, “Huh?”

Apple snorted and tilted his head towards the man playing with the kitten, “It wasn’t because of me that the governor issued a word. Am I right, Mr Aiguille?”  

The rapid change of wind direction on the internet was due to Nicholas’ intervention. Although Sena cannot reveal her identity as Nexus Global’s heiress, she can very well come out as Sena Erde, the young entrepreneur and celebrity. It so happens that the governor also knows about The Hermit’s donation, he’s been meaning to post an announcement but since Mr Adin talked to him about keeping the Miss’s identity a secret he dare not squeak. 

Thankfully he could still praise her in another way! 

Nicholas raised his eyes, took a sip of tea and just smiled faintly. 

How could he bear to let her be aggrieved? 

The woman he carefully put in the palm of his hand, no one will ever hurt it. 

“You did a fine job.” Apple spoke honestly. 

(¬_¬) but I will still monitor you! 

At the same time inside a private golf course. 

Maya was shyly accepting the compliments of three housewives for her contribution to the Children Welfare Institute. Beside her sat Mrs Rosamaria like a good-natured aunt. Although the issue about the pill box caused such a huge embarrassment, the madam temporarily pushed it aside and did not pursue this all because she believed that Maya has good potential as a celebrity.   

It may not be an authentic Illuminari work but it was made by his student and was once owned by the emperor’s sister-inlaw so the prestige was still there. 

Unfortunately, today seemed to be not a good day for the both of them to come out.

“Oh look at the trends, it changes so fast.” A young lady in a lavender golf outfit exclaimed to her friend.

Mrs Rosamaria looked over and recognized her as the daughter of a big shot banker. Her companion on the other hand is the wife of Alpha Tech’s chairman of the board.  

“This is one of the reasons why I stay away from online gossip. Most of them are made up.”

“Weren’t they ridiculing Sena Erde half a day ago? The next second they were slapped by the international news about her contributions for the typhoon survivors. Ha, serve them right.” 

Alpha Tech’s madam gave a soft snort, “Just about anyone with a sesame for a brain can write an article. I’ve met Sena Erde on several occasions and she is nothing like those in the rumor.”

“You’re right sister. I can bet my whole year’s allowance that the one making this unsavory gossip is someone jealous of her!”   

The two ladies are old members of this club so they have no qualms talking in modulated voices. The conversation was so enthusiastic it floated into several ears and gained attention. 

Maya who was so praised a while ago is now under close scrutiny by several pairs of eyes. 

She felt cold in the stomach. 

The ladies did not intentionally target her but the arrow pierced her so accurately that she wished she could just melt into a puddle and disappear from there. 

This is an unedited chapter.

7