Afterword
65 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Bon Jovi's Bed of Roses, Pokemon's Pikachu, Sorachi's Gintama, Ginewine's Pony, Abdul's Rush Rush, Richie's Dancing on the Ceiling, and of course, Monoral's Kiri are referenced here.

--

 

This story, is not the kind I usually read. It's not the kind I'd ever imagine planning. There are no spaceships, no carriages, no cats… although I admit there is a wizard of sorts. 

This is the story I dreamed and day dreamed over and over many long days stuck in bed slowly losing my vision, and maybe my mind. It's not the only one I visited, but it's the one I came back to over and over, breathing let's rewind as I started the play in my head again. 

It didn't always play out exactly like this, but gradually some scenes became set, even if the order or other details changed, those would repeat. I wished we had video recorders for our heads, because there was no way in my current state that I could draw it all out. I don't think I'm good at telling stories, and I'm terrible at telling jokes.

Maybe someday I'll write down some of the other ones in my internal animephile dreamverse. Maybe not. I tried to write this one down many times. At first I simply could not write this. I practiced writing other things, stuff I cared less about, that embarrassed me less, until I could begin to write this. Even then, I left it a little over half way for most of a year. Then I opened and read it one sleepless night. And I came to a halt, hadn't I written this? I'd skipped that. And I started to write and rewrite it all over again.

It's not realistic, there are things in it that I could point to that probably come from my life, from anime I've watched, from thousands of other stories. It's just a dream of warmth and light.


[[ Edit: 

After working on the two descendant tales (which I'm rewriting before I post them), I realized Hikaru's school schedule is off. But I'm just going to declare that the expensive private school she's going to with it's closed campus and gate guards is running on an international schedule.

I have continued though. A lighter tale about Ryuske's adopted son Aishin in Data Dragon Danika. ]]

--

This would never have been put into words without Steelsoul who said I could write something he'd read over and over, SmilingNordic and the colour yellow, Wen Spencer's descriptions of her writing methods, and of course my friends and my family who managed to keep me alive and sheltered and provided the writing tools.

Thank you for reading. Luck in your adventures.

GusDeFrog | K.A.H.D.

 


 

The illicit advertising blurb (or maybe it isn't, since the primary advertisement is the story itself, and presumably you have just finished reading it all?): There are no games, no cats, no celestial bodies. It is a fairly simple love story, in fairly explicit detail. Kobayashi Ryuske makes his first appearance here, since this book about Hikaru and Kiri is also about the band Mirage.

The ebook for Kiri to Shinkirō | Mist and Mirage is available in these places:

Kindle - https://www.royalroad.com/amazon/B072LD8NH1

Nook - https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w?ean=2940161293935

Apple - http://itunes.apple.com/us/book/id1460328819

Android - https://play.google.com/store/books/details?id=jCuTDwAAQBAJ

Sorry, I could not post it directly for my patrons on Patreon without creating another account under a different name, because it contains mature content. But... I have priced it at 99 cents on each store. The royalty will range from about 32 cents at Amazon to about 50 cents on Google. If you buy it, please consider writing a review or giving a rating on that platform. Thanks!

I've decided that eventually I will also create an ebook form for the two fairly smutty descendant tales in between Kiri to Shinkirō and Data Dragon Danika. But there is a LOT of editing to do to make that happen, so... don't hold your breath!

1