1: Hotter than the sun.
237 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The pavement was moderately crowded at this time of day, in this part of town. People were out running errands, kids were out of school, morning shift workers had finished. He was sitting on the wide edge of the short wall that bordered a public flower bed, kicking his feet in boredom. 

He was casually beautiful, and comfortably attired in many pocketed pants, and a clingy pullover with open shoulders. His soft hair moved a little in the light breeze where it was longer.

She stopped walking and simply stared. People would sometimes say they want to kiss or touch someone attractive or famous that they didn't know. She'd never really understood the sentiment, but suddenly there it was. 

He caught her watching and leaned back on his hands, striking a model-style pose. He grinned at her boldly, and his smile was brilliantly warm to her eyes.

She was sure she was blushing. Her face felt like it was flaming. She felt that she should say something so she said rather awkwardly, "Um, hi."

He sat up and replied, "Hello." A slightly puzzled look crept across his face and he asked politely, "What can I do for you?"

"Can I kiss you?" somehow escaped from her mouth. Immediately she apologized in a breathless rush, "I'm sorry, forget I said that, sorry."

Overlapping her apology he exclaimed with mock shock, "How bold!" At the same time, he crossed his legs and held his hand in front of his mouth dramatically, and she froze. After a moment he dropped his pose and laughed openly. "Sure, why not?" he offered.

She just stared at him, because she felt too shocked to answer.

After a moment he shrugged and told her cheerfully, "One kiss won't hurt anything."

"Are you sure it's ok?" she asked.

He nodded and beckoned to her. He grinned at her as she approached him hesitantly. He smiled up at her from his seated position as she got closer, while clutching her school bag tightly in her hands, and leaned toward him. His clear eyes were steady, holding her gaze, and his mouth curved in an amused smile. She couldn't do it.

"Would you mind closing your eyes?" she asked nervously.

He closed his eyes and waited with his pretty face turned up toward her. She hovered over him hesitantly. After waiting for a minute, he opened one eye, and then the other. 

He examined her expression, and then told her with amusement, "You don't have to force yourself."

"No, I do want to," she replied anxiously.

He closed his eyes again and waited. Nervously, she leaned forward and kissed his mouth quickly.

He opened one eye again and asked, "Was that it?"

She stepped back and nodded. He let his other eye open and gazed up at her while laughing openly.

She asked hesitantly, "Was it bad?"

"Not bad," he replied quickly. She felt like his gaze was measuring her, and then he continued with amusement, "But I'll show you, if I may?"

She nodded uncertainly.

He stood up and then told her, "You're surprisingly tall." 

They were nearly the same height, and she apologized helplessly, "I'm sorry."

He laughed again and then said gently, "It's not a bad thing." He instructed her as he reached out to her and placed his hand on her arm, "Here. When you kiss someone, you should touch them I think. Put your hands on their waist," he said as he set his other hand against her waist, "or shoulders." 

He slid his first hand up to her shoulder, and stepped forward so that there was barely a space between them, and she drew a deep breath.

"Relax your mouth, and don't tilt your head too much," he instructed as he leaned in. "Just enough to let your noses touch instead of bump," he added, letting his nose slide against hers. And so close that she could feel his lips moving he said softly, "And let the kiss last long enough so they can tell they've been kissed." 

His lips settled against hers, and he kissed her for a moment. Then he stepped back and smiled at her as he settled back into a sitting position on the border wall. "Want to try again?" he invited.

She nodded.

He grinned at her.

She stepped forward to him, then stopped, and set her bag at his feet. She nervously reached out a hand and placed it on his shoulder. Her fingers brushed bare skin where his shirt was cut away in deliberate curves at his shoulder, and she blushed and shifted her hand up to where the fabric covered the top of his shoulder.

He closed his eyes and tilted his face up to her again. He kept his mouth relaxed except for a bit of smile curling the corners. She leaned in and let her nose brush against his, and kissed him for a moment.

He opened his eyes and said, "Better," with a warm smile.

He leaned forward just enough to kiss her gently again. Then he rocked back a little, and waited invitingly.

Without thinking she settled her other hand against him. With the warm skin of his shoulder against her palm, she leaned in to kiss him again.

He nodded when she pulled back. He reached forward again and kissed her softly, letting her feel how his lips moved against hers. Then he waited for her to return the kiss.

They exchanged kisses for awhile. At some point he dropped one hand to her leg, and pulled her knee up along his thigh, so that the next time she shifted closer it was only natural that she straddle his lap. Sitting in his lap, her arms around his shoulders, and his warm against her waist, the slow exchange of kisses continued until he slipped his tongue between her lips, just a little. 

She froze. He loosened his hold on her, releasing her and leaning back on his hands. He gazed at her steadily for a moment and then deliberately closed his eyes, tilted his face, and waited.

Hesitantly, she leaned in and kissed him, tentatively attempting to touch his lips with her tongue. His hands moved forward, and he slid one up her thigh and settled the other behind her head, gently drawing her into the kiss. 

They kissed some more. Little by little the kisses deepened, until suddenly her arm was grabbed roughly from behind. She was quickly dragged backward off of his lap and unsteadily onto her feet.

"What the hell do you think you're doing?" demanded the uniformed police officer who gripped her arm painfully and ignored the stunned protest from the man behind her.

She stared at her mother's new husband, unable to answer, before he began dragging her stumbling along the pavement. Struggling to look back at the man she'd been kissing, she caught only a glimpse of the stunned expression on his face, his arms still open toward her.

"Stop!" She protested desperately, but Mizuki Izumi reached out and opened the door of the police vehicle behind her, and practically threw her into the back. He slammed the door behind her and flung himself into the passenger seat. Then he turned and ordered his partner, "drive, now."

"No, wait, what are you doing?" She protested and then went white as the vehicle started to move. She reached for the non existent latch, and then scrabbled for the safety harness. "There's no seatbelt!" she exclaimed fearfully as they pulled out onto the road. Kisses and the man she'd been kissing were forgotten in a white fog of terror as the vehicle set off along the busy street.

 

… K to K

"Kiri? What are you doing?" Kazuha asked, looking at his friend oddly. 

Kiri had been sitting on the decorative flower bed border, arms spread loosely with a blank unseeing look on his face. He hadn't noticed Kazuha's approach, or greeting, but he stirred at the question, and looked up. "Kissing a girl?" was his uncertain reply.

"An invisible girl?" Kazuha asked with amusement.

"She was kidnapped, I think," Kiri responded a little anxiously.

"By pirates?" his friend asked interestedly.

"By policemen," Kiri corrected with a frown as he stood up.

Kazuha raised an eyebrow and clapped his hand on Kiri's shoulder. "Are you sure you ought to be kissing a girl like that?" he asked dryly.

Kiri replied quickly, "She was a good girl, I'm certain she was." He shrugged the hand off and glanced down to where his toe had caught against something as he stood. He picked up the school bag and fished inside it. "A very organized girl," he added, displaying a neat stack of unfinished homework.

Kazuha's face froze in a neutral expression as he looked at the evidence presented. "You were kissing a high-school girl?" he asked.

Kiri simply nodded. His search of the bag finally met with success, and pleased, he withdrew and held up Hitoshi Hikaru's school ID.

...

3