[Book 1] [16. Dirty old man]
1.9k 10 56
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I escaped to the alley next to the shop area and equipped the basic items. The robe was a plain white cloth with red trimming, revealing everything, especially my cleavage and thighs. Whatever. The Wreaths on Tiara were pretty, but not decorated. Plain, normal look; the best there was.

After finally not looking like a beggar, I strode happily through the Village Number Four and asked the guarding Elven girl for directions to the Priest mentor.

“Mentor?” she asked with a high-pitched voice for the entire street to hear. “I know! Go straight, to the left near the big general store and then left again.” Shuddering under all the surrounding stares, I checked her armor - which was even worse than mine, her boobs almost squeezed out. I couldn’t even imagine how it could block an attack in the actual world… I meant real simulation. With a metal curse to the developers and the stupid AI, I ran away, and found the building.

An old elf welcomed me with a warm voice, “Welcome, a young Priestess!” His white full-body robe was nothing special, but after he glanced at me, I felt like my clothes vanished and I stood before him naked. Ah, the scanning spell, the only advantage NPC trainers held over us. Is there something like that in the real simulation?

The whole place reeked with a smell of cinnamon, almost as if this was some kind of factory and not a stupid old building. “Hello. I would like to learn advanced class, if I may so.” Though I tried to remain calm, my hesitant steps revealed my nervousness as I entered the room. My stupid body; why can I talk to him and not Lisa? Why?

“Let’s get over it, three basic skills-”

“I can’t learn that much. I am sorry. I already know five skills and I don’t want to forget any of them,” I apologized and his face lip up with interest. When he smiled, his old, damaged teeth were visible, and he even stuck out his tongue, which was coated in saliva.

His scrutinizing gaze, which started at my head and ended at my feet, sent a shiver down my spine, and I instinctively took a step back towards the door, fearing even Boris would be creeped out.

“Show me, then. I will be the judge if you are worthy of them!” he licked his lips, leaving a trail of saliva.

“I am the master of my destiny, old man! So what I want these skills, you can’t take them from me!” I got agitated, because if I somehow lost the heroic skills… That would be embarrassing. I quickly imagined the runes for Ice Dance and tried to draw them, but guess what? I failed. Whatever.

After my glorious fail, he moved with his hand in the air and created a blue haze around us. “Considering the build-up of magical energy, the skills you gained aren’t the usual bunch. Focus and do it properly.”

Old man, I focused and did it perfectly. At least from my perspective; but even after all that training, the Ice Dance runes weren’t that easy. The mentor creeped closer and touched my hands. My eyes widened, and I wanted to slide out and smash him, but his strength overpowered me and held firm. This again?!

“Young Priestess, you are too reckless in your runecrafting. The point of magic is precision, not speed. What of use is a failed spell? Even if the runecraft would take a minute, you can’t rush it. Keep your hands steady and do the runecraft with precise movements.” I know that, you old pervert, but I suck at it.

In fact, I was falling behind a lot, my speed of casting was so slow. The others are better than me and improving as we speak! I wanted to scream at him my favorite profane words, but my experience taught me otherwise. Mentors were usually wise, and their experience was boundless. Yes, I could beat a warrior mentor, but this old pervert? He knew more about magic than me. Ugh! Fine!

He circled behind me, his damp robe sticking to my skin as he guided my hands. In my mind, I imagined runes for Ice Dance and they were filling with mana slower, and the usual push was weaker and the swirling energy didn’t push me back. Whatever he did, it surprised me. I hadn’t achieved that, ever.

He sniffed my hair as I drew the last rune and then shouted, “Ice Dance!” A blinding blue light illuminated the area as the spell runes were activated, leaving a layer of frost in their wake.

“Ice Dance. Exceptional spell, worthy of Hero! Have you met a God?” he asked like it was normal to meet a God. Of course, I was picking some yogurt at the grocery store and chatted with him in the queue for bananas. Wait, the old man still held my hands! I pulled and struggled with his strength, but I couldn’t free myself. Fine.

“He called himself God of Ice Blood.”

“Splendid! I was waiting for a Hero to come to our village. I haven’t expected a young, booming Hero with beautiful bosoms, but the destiny brought you to me for a reason,” he sweetly whispered in my ear. Ugh!

Trying to escape his clutches failed again, so I nodded at his remark. Obviously, it was the destiny. It wasn’t like I had to visit him at level five for the advancement. He caressed my butt. Hey! I gathered all my strength and nimbly jumped away from him, twisting around his hand using imperial steps.

“I have a request for you, if you are brave,” he said and motioned me to sit on the floor. There wasn’t anything, just a ground. Not even a tea and biscuits? I waited until he had sat on the floor before taking a seat myself, making sure to keep a bit of distance between us.

[You received your first quest. Do you want to disable the quest system?][The organic quests have greater rewards, but you won’t get help from the system; recommended only for experienced players]

Disable the help!’ What kind of tester would I be with all the quest-arrows or logs?

“I have recently received a report about strange activity on the Island of Dead. Please investigate the incidents and explore the Tomb of Queen Irwen.”

No way is this the Imperial quest? Is the demise of the Empire so close? Damn, why did I disable the quest log? I regretted my decision right away, but my pride was on the line. No help from the stupid system.

“I agree. I’ll gather my friends and-”

“No, dear Hero. You need to do this deed alone.” He stopped me even before I could finish and inched closer. What? Do he want to caress me again? What is his deal?

“Do you realize I am a Priest? I can’t do it alone. I’ll fail!” I warned him and scooted backward, the rough ground scratching against my butt.

“You are right, I apologize, young heroine. For the time it will take you to fulfill the task, Donovan will accompany you.” He turned around and shouted, “Donovan! Come here!”

“You! Hey old man, have I agreed to your stupid quest with this Donovan?” I pouted, but it was like speaking to a wall; he ignored me and grinned, showing his rotten teeth again.

The sound of clanking metal filled the air as a warrior in shiny, silvery armor approached and kneeled before the mentor. By his looks, he was a young kid, not even twenty years old. All I could see was his short black hair and a soft face. He probably wasn’t in any hard battle yet. Terrific.

[Donovan Lv.10]
Class: Squire

“Master Teorn, Squire Donovan at your service!” he shouted. Wait a minute, this old man is a Teorn? The retired priest? When I was testing the main quest in the past, I stumbled upon him and later he saved the Duke’s life. Well, someone famous was in every of the starting villages, to make the major stories going, so meeting him wasn’t that shocking.

Whatever the reason, I got lucky to stumble upon the old man again. The reason I remembered him was because of his unforgettable character and his insane stats! His heals were strong, and he got me through the fights with an ease. I used to think he was a cool guy, because the Duke exiled him. Why? Well, he slept with Duke’s daughter and her maid at the same time. Oh. Damn.

“Donovan, you are going to travel with this young heroine and you will protect her with your life. Do you understand?”

“Yes, I do!” he shouted again; my poor ears. “I will rather die, then to let the enemy to harm her!” The scream was annoying, so I stood up, walked to him, and offered him a hand.

“My name is Princess, I hope we-”

“Princess?! I am a Prince too! Are you an actual Princess?!” he yelled and dropped his head to the floor. No, I refuse. I wanted to protest, so I gazed at the old man, only to catch him as he was staring into my cleavage. Terrific.

“Donovan, get the Prince stuff out of your head. You will never restore your nobility without hard work!” Teorn said while creeping closer to me, but his stare never left the spot where the stupid developer cut my robe to reveal everything.

“I refuse the quest,” I announced and stomped out. Main quest with these two? Never! Teorn sprinted and caught me by my hand.

“Please wait, Hero Princess. We need you,” he whispered again and caressed my palm. I shivered, and the anger inside me was boiling. I can’t even refuse a quest?! Okay, let’s make unreasonable demands!

“If you want my help, agree to my conditions. First - thousand golds to buy supplies for me and Donovan. Second - I suppose we need to travel to that island by boat, right? The Duke organized a raid on the area behind the scorched land. Get me to one of the raid ships and we have a deal.”

I wanted to leave, but he only grinned and held me by the hand with his boosted strength.

As his next noble action, he pulled me closer and kissed my palm while kneeling down. “Agreed. Both conditions are reasonable.” Hey! But… he agreed? Both conditions were the most unreasonable I could think of. Okay, properly unreasonable, not like a dragon’s treasure.

“Very well,” I said, resigning. “But I need to log... I need time to prepare, at least half a day,” I almost slipped; did the NPCs know it was a game, as we did in the simulation-reality?

“The Duke’s fleet will travel through the village tomorrow. Come to the temple and we’ll be ready. Here, the promised compensation,” he said, and his voice changed more mentor-like than creep-like. Finally.

[You received 1000g]

“Thank you!” I beamed at him and left as fast as I could. The building felt like a ticking time bomb, and I ran out as fast as I could, leaving my fear behind, before I jumped into the familiar alley again and logged out.

Once outside, I reached for my old shirt and pants and tried to take it on, before I noticed my smaller hand. Damn. I quickly dressed in a white shirt and a skirt and checked the clock. Great, midnight. Thanks to the time-shift, the 16 hours long day started in the game now, so I hadn’t much time to sleep, I checked the-

The deafening sound of a propeller airplane drowned out all other noises as it clicked to life. What the hell? Glitch in the simulation? I was inside a plane dressed in skydiving equipment, but not alone. Younger Lucas was grinning next to me.

56