Six Paths to Gather Qi
96 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After the departure of elder Mo, Long Xue changed his pouting expression to one that of pride. He took great pride in the fact that he had warded of a pest, that even the current patriarch was unable to fend off. In reality, elder Mo was warded off by an unknown elder of the sect from the older generation, but Long Xue was shameless enough to take credit for the feat. It was lucky that he couldn’t speak proper words now, else he would have openly bragged about how mighty he was!

Long Yuan poked the cheek of baby Xue, which was puffed up like balloons with pride. Long Xue answered back with a bashful smile, which made all the maids gathered around them laugh. Long Yuan poked the baby’s cheeks again and he smiled again. This continued for some time till Luo Yan took the baby from Long Yuan’s hands and rocked him back and forth. Under the constant rhythmic rocking, Long Xue’s eyelids felt heavy and he slowly fell asleep. Luo Yan put him in his cradle and she left silently with Long Yuan and the maids. For the first time in two days, Long Xue was truly alone in his room.

Long Yue was sleeping calmly when he heard someone calling out “Brat” loudly. He opened his eyes and found no one there. “Who’s there?” he asked, annoyed in his infant speech.

“Where are you looking at, brat? Look inside your mind.” The mysterious voice continued.

Long Xue closed his eyes in rage. No one has dared to call the mighty him brat and walked out alive before. Now, there was someone who was openly challenging him. What more? His mind is being encroached by this worm. Clearing his mind, he focused inside his consciousness and shouted in his mind “Who, the fuck, are you, bastard? Show yourself before me!”

“Who are you calling bastard, you little worm? You are still green under there and yet you dare call this grandpa, bastard? You must be tired of living?” the voice shot back.

A bright streak of light appeared in Long Xue’s mind, which quickly flickered out, revealing a black jade that had the characters ‘Hidden Dragon’ written across it. It was the Ancient Immortal Time Jade!

Long Xue looked scornfully at the jade and spat out “Are you that old ghost from the Hidden Dragon Sect? Tired of living, are we?”

“Tsk” the voice from the Ancient Immortal Time Jade clicked his tongue. This cocky brat is overestimating himself too much. “You, brat, that old ghost was someone who had bonded his soul with the jade while I was slumbering. How dare you compare me to that worm? Are you asking for death?”

“Kill me! You and what army?! Who’s overestimating themselves? You, weak ass jade, you trying to mess with this mighty me?!” Long Xue shot back fiercely.

“Ha ha ha, this is the joke of this century! Oh! Mother! I would die if I laugh like this! Look at yourself, you worm! You don’t even have a cultivation base, even a random stray dog can easily beat you up” The voice of the old geezer laughed mockingly.

Long Xue wanted to refute, but he couldn’t. The old geezer was right; he was pathetically weak now. For the first time after getting reborn, he was at a loss for words. His pride was hurt and there was nothing he could do about it. But he was a persistent man in the past. His persistence enabled him to cultivate all the way up to the great circle of the Sovereign realm. With all his might, he began to absorb Qi into his body! Strands of qi, like white smoke, entered his body and quickly vanished. ‘Where did they vanish to?!’ He pondered for a moment before realizing that the qi was absorbed into the Ancient Immortal Time Jade. “Bastaaarddddd!” he screamed in his mind. “You dare invade my mind, on top of that, you steal my qi too! I’m going to kill you!”

“Hmph!” the voice of the old geezer gave a cold snort. “Kill me! Why don’t you sing for me?!” he shot back while the Ancient Immortal Time Jade started glowing and dimming.

Long Xue’s mind was filled with a loud ringing noise. He couldn’t hold it in anymore. His infant body wet itself. He cried at the top of his lungs. This time, his sound wasn’t magnified like in the past. It came out as the normal cry of a baby. Tears streamed endlessly down Long Xue’s eyes as he beat his arms around.

“Kowtow before me thrice and I’ll let you off. I may even reward you a bit.” The old man’s voice came out from the jade, sounding a bit concerned. The light from the jade also died down by this.

Long Xue was frustrated! He was also sad, because of his pitiful state. He quickly kowtowed thrice in his mind as the jade was about to glow again.

By this time, Long Yuan had rushed back into the room to console the baby. “Oh, my baby boy, did you wet yourself? Is that why you were crying?” Luo Yan patted Long Xue’s back while pulling off his cloth diaper. She slowly changed the bed-sheets and his clothes and rocked him up and down.

Long Xue faked his sleep and made sure that his mother had left before opening his eyes. He sent his consciousness into his mind and saw the Ancient Immortal Time Jade again.

This time, an old man was sitting on top of the jade, who appeared to be semi-transparent like a ghost. Wisps of smoke were steaming around him. His gaze was focused on Long Xue. This old ghost looked a lot different from the skinny patriarch of the Hidden Dragon Sect. He had a majestic aura around him and his eyes showed that he was extremely ancient.

Long Xue looked at the old man intensely. He was angry, but he knew that the old man was someone whom he couldn’t afford to offend now. He kept his stupid rambling in check and slowly asked in a confused tone “W-Who are y-you?”

The old ghost beamed at Long Xue’s spiritual form and spoke prideful “I am the great Ye Mo! Today is your luckiest day, as today I’m feeling quite well. I shall take you as my apprentice! Be rejoiced!”

Long Xue hesitated for a moment before slowly asking “C-Can, this migh-, I refuse?”

The old ghost nearly fell down from the jade on hearing this. He cleared his throat and pretended not to hear what Long Xue had just said. He had given such a grand opportunity to this brat and he just blatantly refused! The old man felt slightly shameful as he looked away from Long Xue and spoke “Disciple, request your master to teach you.”

Long Xue just stood there silently, staring at the shameless ghost. He had seen many shameless people in the past, but this old man was on a whole other level. The old geezer could almost compete with him!

The old man slowly grinned as he began activating the jade which began to light up once again. Before the loud ringing sound was released from the jade, Long Xue quickly shouted “Master please teach me!”

“Ho ho! My disciple, you don’t need to beg so hard. Your great master will guide you well. Now gather lots of qi into your body, I’m going to a summoning.” The old man replied in an artificially enhanced tone that sounded deep.

‘Tsk, drama-queen.’ Long Xue thought while clicking his tongue and started gathering large amounts of qi that was much more than what his tiny body could manage, but all the qi vanished into the jade as soon as it entered his body.

“Enough!” the old man’s voice called out again and Long Xue stopped absorbing the qi. He quickly sent his consciousness into his mind to where the old man was.

Ye Mo performed a few hand-signs and the jade vibrated before letting out a faint light that slowly grew bright, startling Long Xue. Soon, the light flickered out and three words of light formed in his mind. They read ‘Immortal Overbearing Scripture.’

Long Xue stared at the words, dumbstruck. He had never heard of such a scripture in his previous life. ‘Immortal Overbearing Scripture!’ he had to give it to the old man, the name was cool and suited his tastes.

Ye Mo chuckled and spoke softly “Don’t be surprised just yet, this is just the beginning.” He waved a few more hand-signs and some more characters appeared in Long Xue’s mind. They read ‘Six Paths to Gather Qi.’

“Don’t bow down and thank me! I’m just doing what I am supposed to do.” Ye Mo continued while making the jade glow slightly.

‘Bully’ Long Xue thought while bowing down slightly and said “Thank you, master” in a mechanical tone.

“Master is going to rest now, go and practice well brat.” Ye Mo declared while yawning and went back into the jade.

Long Xue sighed in relief as the eccentric geezer went into slumber. He stared at the Six Paths to Gather Qi mantra of the Immortal Overbearing Scripture. His eyes glistened in amazement. Qi gathering was the first stage in cultivation. In most cases, special scriptures did not exist for gathering qi. Qi was simply absorbed from the world around and was used to awaken the dantian. Simple breathing techniques were used to do this which were not much of a scripture. This is the first time that he had seen a scripture to gather qi!

Long Xue hesitated for a while before chanting the scripture in his mind. He synchronized his breathing and tried to gather qi. Immediately, his eyes sprang open in surprise! The qi around him formed into a vortex and darted into his dantian region.

“Hehe, scary isn’t it! The six paths to gather qi scripture is the first step of the immortal overbearing scripture. Its main function is to mold a vessel that could cultivate the immortal overbearing scripture. This is a body-tempering as well as foundation building scripture, which can produce a peerless body for cultivation. I know, don’t thank me. Just doing my job.” Ye Mo shouted out from the jade.

“I thought you said you were sleeping, master!” Long Xue shot back, annoyed.

Ye Mo just gave out a dry cough and went silent. He didn’t want to enter into another battle of words with Long Xue.

Long Xue, once again closed his eyes and steadied his breathing and focused on gathering qi as instructed in six paths to gather qi sub-scripture. The qi that entered his body, concentrated in the form of a spiral in his dantian region. He stopped gathering the qi and started studying the six paths to gather qi scripture once more.

The six paths to gather qi, scripture was divided into two steps per path, which, together constituted twelve levels of qi gathering. Long Xue couldn’t help but be surprised as, in his past life, he had only heard rumors about twelve levels if qi gathering. Qi gathering was usually, only up to ten levels. Eleven levels of qi gathering is rare, even among super-geniuses of the middle domain. Twelve levels of qi gathering was a myth that was said to have appeared only once! ‘The old man is a bit shameless, but is worthy of being praised.’ He thought as he started cultivating once again.

1