Chapter 18
2.1k 10 23
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“So, what are you doing now, Yun Tian?” Li Na’s father asks Shen Yun Tian while his mouth is full of food.

They are in the dining room. It is such a rare occasion for Li Na’s family to serve a full list of rare feasts. Li Na can see that all the dishes prepared are all her favorite meal.

Well, when it’s her favorite, it can be said that all the served are spicy. Red chili in every plate while the green one only seems to be filled with green chili. However, there are still a few plates that contain mild dishes.

Li Na looks at her parent and their face are not quite awkward when conversing with Shen Yun Tian. Their atmosphere looks harmony too.

Perhaps they already were quite familiar, that her parent knows about his preference and prepared the mild dishes for him. Li Na didn’t know that her husband has a close relationship with her family.

“Now, I am doing a few preparations to enter the entertainment business. So, the company is a little bit busy. But I can handle it. Don’t worry”. Shen Yun Tian calmly answers.

“Then it’s good I know you can do well but don’t forget to rest”. Li Na’s father eyes filled with proudness when looking at Shen Yun Tian. Despite his age is still can be considered as too young to be a CEO of Shen Group, his son in law really know what to plan and do.

Just look at his current achievement. No one in his circle has a capable son in law as he is. So sometimes, when meeting with his friends, Li Na’s father doesn’t forget to chest out and lifted his chin when showing off a bit.

“How about you, Dad?”

“Hahaha. I am like usual, works and home, repeatedly like no other things to do aside from that”. Li Na’s father embarrassingly scratches his head.

“You Dad quite workaholic. Fortunately, Li Nan helps him at the company or else even I am not able to see him”. Li Na’s mother seems complaining but her tone is so spoiled as she smiles at her husband.

“He had started working at the company?” Li Na asks with her wide eyes. Xie Li Nan is Li Na’s older brother who is 2 years older than her. The last time she saw him, he still studying in finance study.

“Yeah, after Hu Yi gave birth, he had decided to join the company”. Li Na’s mother nodded.

“Yi Jie gave birth! Does it mean, I am an auntie?” Li Na gasps as her lips parted slightly. Because of her hand abrupt movement, a food’s stain smear the corner of her lips.

Shen Yun Tian notices it so he takes the napkin beside him. Without having a second thought, he slowly wipes the stain on Li Na’s face.

Actually, such caring actions were usually can be seen in their house. So Li Na doesn’t feel awkward receiving Shen Yun Tian’s cares, she even turned her face to him for his ease of action.

When Shen Yun Tian observed that Li Na’s mouth was clean, he resumed his eating non chalantly. Their action falls onto Li Na’s parent eyes. They couldn’t help but stare dumbly at them.

They know how stubborn Li Na is, so to actually see how she accepted Shen Yun Tian kinda startled them. Maybe it takes Li Na 2 years of marriage to welcome his existence in her life.

“Mom?” Li Na asked when her question arent answer. But when she noticed that her mother is stunned, then she realized that her previous action with Shen Yun Tian was seen by them. The tint of redness started to spread on her face.

“Ahem”. Li Na clears her throat in embarrassment and tried to look composed. But her action only makes things become more embarrassing as Shen Yun Tian hands out the drink to her and patted her back gently. That intimate action makes her parent smile in satisfaction while Li Na’s face becomes redder.

She glared at Shen Yun Tian from the corner of her eyes but looking at the crooked line of his lips appeared on his face made her tongue-tied while her heart beat faster.

Although she has slept on his bed, looking at his sleeping face and kissing him silently, Li Na still doesn’t have such immunity when the smile appeared on his stern face. So she avoided his eyes and despite her red-faced, she focused back on her mother’s side.

“Yeah, your niece, Xie Yi Lin already one years old. Do you want to see her?” Li Na’s mother warmly said while looking at Li Na.

“Yes!” Li Na exaggeratedly nodded. It’s a pity that she doesn’t even know about the additional member of her family when purposely ignore them in her past life so she is not going to repeat the mistakes and treasure them.

“Right now Hu Yi brings her to the hospital for medical checkup. They will return in one hour, so how about staying here till then?” Li Na’s father said while looking at the clock on the wall.

“I will stay, Dad. But...” Li Na peeked onto Shen Yun Tian’s face. She knows that he is busy in the company’s matter so she didn’t want to impose on him further.

“I will stay too since there aren’t any important works that need to be handled by me currently”. Knowing Li Na’s concerned, Shen Yun Tian said after putting down his fork.

“Is it really okay? I am fine going back alone. Uncle Li will drive me home”. She asked again and ensured him that she is really okay if he wants to go working.

Shen Yun Tian peered at her. “Do you want me to leave?”

“No, no”. She shakes her head repeatedly. She doesn’t want him to feel that she avoided him. “I am just worried that staying will troubling you”.

“It’s okay. My employees are capable and able to supervise the business without me”.

“Then, it’s okay. Li Na, eat more. All the dishes here are your favorite”. Li Na’s mother puts a lot of meats onto Li Na’s plate.

Feeling the love from her mother makes Li Na feels relaxed. Her appetite increased and she leaned into her full plate. Cherish the familiar taste on her tongue.


After lunch, Li Na’s father and Shen Yun Tian start to talk about the company and Li Na becomes lost in their conversation. Her brain just couldn’t keep up with those sophisticated words so, in the end, she just blankly stared at them.

Noticing that Li Na become bored, her mother held her hand and ushered her into her room.

“Mom, is everything alright?” Li Na sat on her mother’s bed. She saw her mother’s face looks stressed. Its make her worried.

Without replying to her question, Li Na’s mother hugs her. “Finally you come home. I miss you”.

Feeling the finger on her back is shaking, Li Na tightens her hold and put her head onto her mother’s shoulder.

“I miss you too. Sorry for avoiding you these 2 years. From now on, I would always return and see you”. Li Na mumbles behind her mother’s back.

Hearing her daughter promise, Li Na’s mother finally felt her tension lifted.

“Thank you for come back”. She released Li Na and sees her face closely.

“Are you still angry at me for forcing you into marrying Shen Yun Tian?” She asks slowly and observes Li Na’s reaction. If Li Na shows a displeased expression, she is going to drop the topic.

“No, Mom. If married him can help our family, its worth it. And he is also a nice person, so I didn’t lose anything”. Li Na holds her mother’s hand and smiles. She wants to let her mother know that she no longer blame and feel any resentment to her family.

“Thank God”. Li Na’s mother sighs.

“Mom, supposedly I am the one that should feel gratitude to you for marrying me to him”. If she didn’t marry him, Li Na wouldn’t know that no matter what she became, whether disgusting fatty or unrecognize corpse, he will be the only one to love her.

“So, thank you, Mom”. Li Na whispers.

After both of them talking about their inner feeling, finally, the suffocated feeling no longer pressed in Li Na’s chest. Her life regrets were only Shen Yun Tian and her family and now, it’s been diminished.

“Since, you already in a good relationship with Yun Tian, perhaps I should tell you about a fact”. Li Na’s mother takes a deep breath.

“About what, Mom?” Li Na frowned in confusion.

After hesitating, Li Na’s mother continues, “Even though our business has a bit crisis, it’s actually not too worse that we need to marry you off 2 years ago”.

Li Na widening her eyes in shock. “Then, why?” Is there something about her marriage’s fact being hidden from him?

“You know right that our family and Shen family have a promise of betrothal?”

“Yes?” Li Na tilted her head.

“Our family passed the promise as something that already expired but Shen Family really takes the promise significantly” Li Na nodded, understand why the promise reaches her information at later age and not when she was younger.

“And its look like that he had seen the picture of you and recognize you as his fiancee from a very young age. So 2 years ago, actually he decided to ask for your hand of marriage after your college graduation”. Seeing that Li Na, become quiet, her mother go on talking.

“We try to refuse but Yun Tian begged us and declared that he would take care and makes you happy for life. So that’s why Mom and Dad decided to persuade you with the company’s matter as an excuse”.

Li Na’s mother finally felt the burden on her shoulder lighten. That secret finally being released.

“Thank you for telling the truth, Mom”. Li Na looks down and mumbled in indistinguished tone.

23