Chapter 37 V3 [11]
19 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

 “Get out of the way before you get yourself killed” 

 

"Haaaaaagh!?" 

 

“I can’t believe that’d come out of your mouth, Takumi...”

 

Her mind clouded with anger, and she took one step forward. “Say that again. If you so much as whisper it, Takumi, I’m gonna make you swallow those words!” Haruna brought her fist up, wide eyed with her frown burrowed. “What makes you think you'd know anything about me or my family? You’re going to take that back!” 

 "You can't group every Hasegawa in a single category... that's just cruel. Do you have a single clue what you really said?" 

 "We're enemies, this whole marriage is a set up for what's to actually come. I see what you're too naive to." 

 "T..." Haruna calmed her lips when they slightly quivered. "Take that back!" 

Almost as if showing no response, the corners of his lips barely moved upwards. “Exactly, bringing out your bitch nature.”

“I told you to… never call me that again. You compared me to my sister and don’t even… H… How could you…” the girl looked down at her boots and he observed while noting the sadness that he felt from her, almost making him feel guilty. “You don’t know our relationship enough for you to say that…”

“Your relationship?” Takumi raised a brow.

“N-nothing …” Haruna glanced at Sango and back to Takumi, and when she looked down she found a metallic pipe that she picked up and aimed at Takumi. “Just leave miss Sango be!”

“If you really intend to get in the way, then I have to do this,” he began walking towards her, now fully focused. His stride composed. 

He’s… actually going to fight me seriously? she thought to herself while preparing to fight. Her heart throbbed uneasily. Then, I can’t hold back… for miss Sango! Haruna took a timid step, then two and soon dashed for Takumi as Sango called out for both of them tearfully.

“The two of you, stop it!” she shouted at the top of her lungs, “Do not fight!”

 Takumi reached for his hidden backpouch, grabbing a small compacted explosive smoke bomb, he tossed it at Haruna's feet but Haruna used her athleticism to kick it into the air above them where it exploded, washing the smoke around.  

Takumi whipped his arm to his side and moved in as Haruna double stepped with a jump and met him at the center. His claws, I have to zero in! She struck the pipe across the mechanical glove claws, attempting to not get the pipe damaged but the claws cut right through it like butter, forcing her to let go and swiftly aim a kick to his rib cage. “Is that your best at stopping me?” he asked, disappointment filling his gaze. 

To her surprise as some of the mist washed by them she noticed he caught her leg mid-air and held her small foot as Haruna hopped in place; Takumi swung his free hand in an attempt to backhand her, and she allowed her body to drop down to the ground and brought her other foot up to his face, using her palm to push herself up. “We’re just getting started,” she shouted, feeling a familiar rush of adrenaline wash over her.

The hit missed but managed to get dust in Takumi’s eyes, rendering him blind for a few seconds as he lost the hold he had on her. “Damn it!” Turning away, he chose to back flip in order to keep from getting caught as Haruna moved in and tried catching him with an assortment of strikes; he listened to all of her steps and avoided the jabs she threw, until he found his chance to come back at her with a palm straight to her face.

She nearly lost her footing but grabbed onto his arm and came back at him with a head-butt straight to the face, leading blood to slip out of Takumi’s nose. “You actually hit me!” Haruna shouted after a moment to catch herself. Her breathing became shaky while staring at him, who silently slipped his index finger under his nose to wipe the drops of blood. “You actually…” she sniffled, a frown adorning her expression.

Sango watched on as other Ikigai Setsu arrived from the stairs, moving survivors out. “Hey, who’s that girl Lord Takumi is fighting?”

“Haven’t you heard? Crimson hair, those eyes… that’s the Jewel of the Hasegawa, Lady Hanami! It has to be her! But why are they fighting? Shouldn’t we intervene?”

“A lover's quarrel? No way, that’s not our job; at least I don’t get paid enough to stop that.” They stopped to watch the fight going down but none dared to get in and stop it in fear of being hit by one of the many kicks and punches being thrown around.

"Stop getting in my way!" Takumi growled, struggling to not hurt Haruna. He grabbed a hold of her neck and got her in a headlock while trying to trip her, but she jumped over his leg sweep and he spun over and flung her up into the air.

Meanwhile, Haruna spun back and landed down but by that time, he ran in at her while regaining his sight. Takumi brought his fists up in a boxing motion and faked that he was going to punch as he doubled in, and when she tried swinging at him he came in low and then jumped over her, breaking up into a swarm of bats above her; she looked around, unsure of what was going on.

The cluster of bats all sprawled around her and he shifted back into copies of himself, surrounding her as she clenched her fists tightly and shouted. “Fight one on one! What’s with that trick?!” The duplicates ignored what she said. They all stormed her from all directions and shoved her around instead of punching her.

All the while, the real Takumi landed a few feet from the crowd and told her without caring if she heard or not, “I’m not the pretentious brat here – you are. Quit being a brat, give up and be an obedient girl for your own good.”

Hearing him say that, made a vein sprout along her forehead. “Excuse you?! What do you know of my own good?!” Shove after shove, Haruna only got angrier until that feeling allowed her to tap into her Setsu side. A pair of pink goat like eyes replaced her own and with them, the pink mark spread out across her ribcage, glowing through her tattered top. The Takumi’s were blown back as violent turbulent gusts raged around her.

The clones tried getting up, but were quickly put down by her rage. She stomped one out, crushing his head into the ground, while another had her arm tear right into his gut. They all poofed into purple flames that burned at her until there was just one remaining; she stood over that duplicate and brought her fingers into his face, destroying him. The fire spread up her arm, and she then set her attention on the main Takumi who sighed as she pulled off her flapping jacket ruined jacket and tossed it aside.

She started to walk towards him with a twisted smile while Takumi took notice of her eyes and the aura around her, stopping at the bright mark. When did she get that? He wondered, her white shirt slapping around. Haruna kicked a wooden block up and shoved her palm behind it using all of her force, propelling it straight towards Takumi. He raised his arm up as Retsu spread throughout his uniforms arm sleeve, matching his mechanical glove claws. He swiped it straight down through the block and snapping it in two, only to realize Haruna had dashed in during that small moment and had her fist aimed for his face.

Instead of hitting him with that fist, she switched up and swung low, slamming her elbow right into his chin. He was flung back like a rag doll and she grabbed a piece of sharp wood from the block Takumi had shattered, grabbing it with the intention of driving the tip into his eyes when she got close enough.

She had no control over herself. 

“Please, that’s enough! Haruna!” Sango tried to call out to the girl, but Haruna was too absorbed in her anger. Takumi leaned up and had one eye shut, and as he panted he saw the flickering pink / violet mark was fading. She increased her walking and soon ran straight for him again, full charge while bringing the sharp tip down. Before her eyes, Takumi slapped it right out of her hand and brought his other hand towards her face. This time, he flicked his finger up against Haruna’s nose. A tiny purple spark spread out from his fingertip and, with that little connection, it blew her straight into a pile of wooden crates.

He stood up, nearly falling back and calmly told her, “You lose.”

Dust spread out of the crates as Haruna seemed to be immobile, but soon her fingers fidgeted and her silhouette rose faster than Takumi had anticipated. She got up and stepped forward, and his eyes widened. She walked towards him, raising her elbow. “No, it’s not over… you can’t tear away two lovers meant to be together, I won’t let you... I don’t care if you hate me or my family… I don’t care if I fail this mission because of it. As long as I know I did the right thing… I’ll fight on!” Though her will raged on, her body could not keep up, and soon the purple spark took its effect on her brain.

 Her vision became hazier, and Takumi seemed to shift colours while her steps became wobbly. She found herself falling over onto her knees. The effects became stronger and spread around, sizzling along Haruna’s hair. Takumi, who watched carefully, meekly responded, “You can try all you want, but I just stopped you.”

She panted and used the last of her voice. “Don’t do it… if you do, I won’t forgive you… I will never forgive you, Takumi Hachi! I won’t be married to a jerk that can’t even keep his own word!” Her voice echoed throughout the lobby as a soft light shone on them, coming from the Setsu aircrafts passing over the open space above. More Ikigai pack members had arrived, smashing through what remained of the main lobby’s glass ceiling. Haruna’s voice became mute over the crushing and the storming Ikigai.

Takumi closed his eyes and started to walk towards Sango, seeing that Giovanni had finally gained control of himself again. He stood up and telepathically told Sango that everything would be fine, though they were surrounded by Ikigai Setsu who quickly slid out their sabers. Wires spread out and he smashed his entire arm into the ground, causing a rocky wall to form and deflect them. He slammed through the new formation, leaving Sango in place as the chunks of the wall flew past her with the wind.

 "GIOO!" 

Giovanni was headed straight for Takumi, punching and pushing away all Setsu that got in his way; he reached out to grab the boy, but by the time he had his hand out, dozens of wires had him stuck and constrained. Takumi’s eyes opened and purple flames formed around, swirling around them. The ground below Giovanni cracked, and he tried using force to break through the wires which had started to cut into his flesh with an indescribable burning sensation that only motivated him more.

Closer and closer, his hand neared Takumi’s face until he managed to snap his restraints and slapped his palm down to the ground. The Setsu slid aside when the enemy jumped up into the air, while the flames remained where Takumi had previous been and spread out all around. They reached Giovanni, beginning from his forearm. Takumi landed on one of the wires in the air and glanced down to Giovanni as the flames came up, forming what resembled the face of a Liger.

“Hirazawa… again? You… It appeared a second time?” he muttered with a quiet stare, a tad astonished by the sight.

Seeing Hirazawa is a sign that you’re on the right track, my boy. That day will come – I'm certain. Take a moment to consider everything that’s happening around you when a Nie presents itself.” The voice of his grandfather crossed his mind as he set his attention back on Giovanni; of everything he could have thought of, that had to cross his mind. Knowing that he’d have to focus for the time being, he raised a hand.

In a single down motion, the energetic Retsu flames created from his Biofield washed down on the Shiki’s body. With the snap of his finger, the flames roared upwards and spread out, cleansing Giovanni’s soul as the body disintegrated. When it happened, Sango screamed and took off to where he’d stood mere seconds before; she fell over, right in front of a gem.

With the job complete, the other Setsu all turned away and quickly got down to other cleansing tasks around the factory. Before the woman could reach for the gem, Takumi swooped in and took it. He stood up and considered shattering it, but then looked down at Sango and saw the memories of her daughter – his classmate.

He then felt Haruna’s glares on the back of his neck; her threat replayed in his head, and instead of destroying the gem, Takumi lowered it down and set it in front of Sango before stepping away. Blue particles twinkled around the gem, and Giovanni’s human form developed over it. Sango stood up and tried hugging him, but went through him.

“You’ll have to give him some time to gain enough Retsu… put him in moonlight so he can materialize. Once he does, you’ll be able to physically hug him, but only at night,” he explained, glancing over to Shiro who was in the distance. ·"If it weren’t for your home being so far from the city, I wouldn’t have allowed you to keep him but if you can follow these rules then… whatever.”

Shocked, Sango’s lips curved up into a teary smile as she thanked Takumi repeatedly. The young Setsu sighed and turned away, but before he walked off, he left her with a warning.

“Keep that gem at your place. If anyone finds out about him, I’ll come back and kill you and your daughter. That's a promise.” The couple blinked, taking in the warning.

“What a nice kid,” Giovanni whispered, and the two laughed.

"Mom!" someone called in the distance. A latch door opened, revealing Himari behind Ikigai that moved aside while she quickly headed her way. She passed Giovanni as Sango went on to tightly hug her in tears. "You're safe!" They cried together, soon hearing Giovanni wonder if the girl was his daughter. That's when Himari met her father, with the little family reunion being overseen by two proud, smiling people from above.

Takumi looked on as Dredger shouted a single warning his way to be mindful of the Setsu after rare blood, reminding him that Osaka still housed a few. The teen glanced over to Haruna then back to Dredger, who was twinkling off into the night sky with his wife.  “A final warning to you, boy whose destiny is set. Beware of the corporations conspiring against this universe, against all that is natural. They’re causing the Retsu storms to accumulate by destroying sea life and nature in those other continents and they’re closer than you think.”

"Well, not my problem," Takumi muttered grinding his finger into his ear, turning away to head out. "Mission complete, I got what I wanted."

 

“ HEY!!! “ 

 

“ HEEEEEYYY!!! “

 

“ I’M TALKING YOU!!! “ 


“ UNPARALYZE ME!!!!! “ Haruna gained her voice again as Takumi passed right by her and ignored her. 

“TAAAKUMI!” 

 

 Hanami screamed but then remembered what Miyumi said. 

 

 "THE COLLAR!" 

 

 “STTING THE BOOOY!” Upon Haruna shouting that, Takumi’s collar appeared as the three silver marbles soon wrapped around him in a cocoon and released electrical jolts that made Takumi nearly winch until it subsided and the marbles recoiled back to it’s place of setting. 

 

 Taking a huff, Takumi stood to continue leaving only for her to shout again. "STTTTING THE BOOOOY!" The same process of the collar occurred.  

 

 He continued on until someone stood in his way. It was Shiro and Sayuri. 

 

“All secure here M’lord? “ Sayuri asked while Keichi tried keeping his laugh behind the fist he placed to his face, seeing Takumi's fuzzy electrocuted hair.

“ Mhm …. “ Takumi responded back to Sayuri. 

Sayuri nodded and glanced over to Haruna yelling her head off for Takumi to free her and excused herself to go help Haruna. 

Haruna continued trying to move side to side until she suddenly sneezes  “Chhheww” in a cute way that sounded like a baby birds chirp. The sound itself instantly earned a wave of awe’s from the Setsu’s that were around her on standby.

 

 “Hhagh?! Ah- Achew” Haruna sneezed a second time, the Ikigai Setsu finding it adorable she made such a sound as Haruna shouted “Please stop that! Someone help me here-” 

 

 Takumi watched it, disgusted and heard someone familiar. That someone, pat his shoulder and turned out to be Shiro. 

 

“ Where’s Sango? “ Shiro was the next one to ask. Bandaged up, Takumi tried to ignore the lumps on his face. 

 

“She’s over there … I let her keep her husband, so don’t destroy the gem connecting his spirit to this realm ….. Make the report, I’ll go over it later …. For now, I gotta get home“ Takumi pat Shiro’s shoulder and walked out the back side of the factory, past several big black hover cars that were waiting for survivors to be placed. Takumi glanced around to find one that was vacant and randomly opened one of them. Inside of the driver's seat there was a chubby Setsu going through his phone. The Setsu's sights went from the fruit slicing game he'd been playing to Takumi. "What do you want?" Was instantly met with "F*** out the car"

 

 Takumi told him to get out, with a straight face. Without asking questions, the Setsu did as he was told and handed over the keys. Finally, the apparent nightmare was over and he had a lot of news. Takumi took a last glance to the factory. 

 

 “Ay-” 

 

 Over by the entrance of the factory, Takumi spotted someone familiar. Yoshigawa. 

 

 “What are you doing here Shima? How did you find this place?” 

 

 “I couldn't just sit around, it was eating away at me that the one responsible for Naomi's condition ... would have continued to attack so I got a lead … from Naomi’s pack. I ran into the Stray you told me about…” 

 

 "The red scaled one." 

 

 “And?...” Takumi waited in anticipation of good news. 

 

 “It got away at the last second because the factory was crumbling.” 

 

 Yoshigawa sighed as Takumi pat his shoulder. 

 

 “Well, get in. We’ll figure something out after everything is gathered.” 

"Whoever's behind this, made sure we knew they were at the factory."

 

 "It's like they're toying or challenging us..." 

 

 "I traced a phone signal to the location, many phone signals of missing people were going to that factory when the phones were checked after the humans were reported missing and that location revealed itself to be the factory where ___ of Naomi's pack had gotten orders to go although they turned it down, I used the information."

 

 "Whoever it was, knew to put the signals-" 

 

 "As some sick joke-" Yoshigawa growled as Takumi only side eyed and started driving. 

 

 "It was a skillful diversion to what they already have in store." 

 

Back in the factory, Sayuri knelt down and tapped her finger against Haruna’s nose. She emitted a single violet jolt, that broke the vibe Takumi had set on Haruna’s brain. 

 

Haruna gained control of her body again. 

 

Right away, she glared at Sayuri and asked “ Where’d he go?! “ 

 

“ Your boyfriend slash fiance? he left … “ Sayuri giggled and Haruna blushed and shook her head repeatedly. “ Please don’t remind me and he’s not that! I don't have that and I don't want it either! “ Her screamed echoed up to the bright moon that shined above the factory. 

 While Hanami cried Sayuri stood and found some Ikigai approached her with a hologram list. 

 

 “Shosa, here is a list of the missing humans- more are being checked off and there are a dozen survivors.” 

 

 "It's safe to say that the rest have been used for… Something, Shosa Natsu's pack found a strange liquid in the lower floors of the factory." 

 

 “Among them, the missing middle school teacher.” 

 

 “Take them to the Yori and have their memories checked for any clues that can lead to where the Strays may have gone. One thing is clear…” 

 

 Sayuri went about mumbling to herself. 

 

 "This was well plotted. Someone's hiding them." 

 

 She was snapped out of her thoughts by a Setsu. 

 

 "We capture this being, he's a businessman from Okobura."

 

 "What is the name of that infiltrator?" 

 

 "The name we've got from the criminal is Mr.Burke, it's apparent-" 

 

 "Burke? Of the Okobura… Rikuto's region."

 

 "So Isuda's speculation of who it could be is confirmed." She stared eye wide to the businessman being taken out of the factory. 

 

  "This is turning into quite the scandal" 

 

 "Yes, it is going to be a huge scandal; just wait until we get back to HQ" 

 

But as the events came to a close, the team knew that where one mission ends, another continues.

No one truly knew what Osaka hid, the various buildings hosting different lives within; in one of them in particular, surrounded by passing clouds, a portal formed. For those in presence, there was nothing surprising about it. Instead, a tense sensation filled the room as three forms emerged from the other side.

Geira, Bougra and Neifer.

0