Chapter 39 V3 [13]
10 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

 “The Ikigai stopped the ‘terrorists’ and one of the Setsu caught (Mr. Burke) is from the Okobura’s region, which is making headlines as that will be considered a breach in agreement with the Tensei.” Read the front line of an article. 

 

  "Digitals! get your digitals here! You won’t believe it!" Announced a salesboy who ran to the center of an incoming mob of people storming the intersection from left to right. The noise made, interesting some of the crowd that stopped near the station for coffee, while others went about their business. Life continued with many events being swept into the morning breeze many people enjoyed, peace. 

 

 The news spread throughout the entirety of the Honshu region.

  

 Quick distributions made through the crowds scrambling as digital articles were handed to any who'd take the mini tablet and scan for the holo-graphic tabloids, surprising many who passed through the busy streets of Osaka that morning. 

 

 "Hello and welcome, this is your news anchor Toki Kanda reporting to you from outside of the Yomikuri's studio where we have special guests, the Hachi’s allied Belclaire, from Eurasia, the Belclaire accompanying Lady Cordelia, the paramount groups financial control of the corps central banking that’s tasked with the Hachi’s financial affairs, the groups are in amicable talks about a new port bridge that's quite promising, said to raise from the main Honshu ocean-way and connect to the Yamagi islands" 

 

"In other news, I'm pleased to announce the cases of the Night Stalker dilemma have now been successfully resolved." Kanda took a deep breath and sighed. 

 

 "You seem pretty happy about that Toki!" Laughed her colleague, brushing his mustache in amusement. 

 

 "Who wouldn't be Jim, I can drive and make stops at StarCents for my favorite baked womper at night with a little more ease that things are a little safer now" 

 

 "The better question is where are you driving that's so dangerous to get those baked wompers-" 

 

 "That'll be a talk for later this evening" Toki announced. 

 

 The pair broke into laughter as Toki focused, the camera zooming into her frown. 

 

 "The case seems to have been connected to a string of disappearances now finally solved. According to Shousa Kino, Sayuri of the Ikigai pack Karoshi, a startling discovery was made last night at the outskirts of Odaiba where the old Fillies factory once stood. Out of over 5000 people that'd been reported missing over the last year, only 80 missing peoples in that list were found, having been human trafficked some are still missing but families are urged to check in as the living are identified, it's apparent infiltrators have entered the region and one of the ring leaders has been revealed to be a Mr.Burke from the Shikoku region." 

 

 "From what's been uncovered, there was a weapon of terrorism that the criminals were planning to use, a key participant is who the Ikigai have called the terrorist identified as Mr.Burke." 

 

 “Isn’t that the businessman of Shikoku? The director of a food industry, has directed himself into this blastphamous scandal!” 

  

 "That will be considered a breach within the Tensei-" 

 

 “Wait until the Rikuto of Shikoku finds this, they’ll have a lot of explaining to do! It sure won’t be good for business now that more people are finding out-” 

 

 "The extremities of such treason to be handled at the highest extent of Tensei law and Shikoku's Sekiha will have to answer to this revelation of espionage and terrorism as the Ikigai uncovers more with the captives interrogation to reveal further those intangibled in this case." 

 

 "A situation that puts the Sekiha of Shikoku in dire straits" 

 

 "Sakura, back to you at the station and good morning to everyone listening, the weather is great this spring you should all join me out here, take a drive-" 

 

 “Will do Kanda!” 

 

 "Thank you Kanda, Jim" 

 

 "This morning Osaka awoke to shocking news of a supposed infiltration attempt? Kanda has more on the story later in the evening news but to tell you now, it's quite frightening to be on your way to work knowing someone could be plotting something."

 

 “That’s for sure” 

 

 "Oh Kanda! Are you going to scare the viewers with that, how about you tell them the good news?”

 

 “Jim has that covered!” Kanda exclaimed as Jim clapped his hands. “Yes I do! To lighten the mood at least since people are always complaining the news only shows negativity oh-" 

 

 "It's great that the Ikigai is thoroughly collaborating with the Yori, until then it is said that if you see any suspicious looking bags, report it to the nearest Officer or at a vending info-booth." 

 

  "We have some sketches of those being looked for, please brace yourselves because it's quite peculiar to say the least..." 

 

 The news channel presented three photos, one being especially concerning for those passing by the holo-grams. 

 

 "What is that thing?" 

 

 "It may very well be a teenager with red paint, it seems like a full on costume. A reptilian some would say, but the Ikigai is adamant. If someone has spotted a being dressed like that, please call the number on the screen." 

 

 "It's suspected it’s an actual terrorist but of what region is not known, so the Yori in conjunction with the Ikigai may take its first military Protocol this year following Miyumi Cordelia’s decision-" 

 

 "To decide, in the absence of Sekiha, Takeshi" 

 

 "It's certainly surprising, the speculations are going around like wildfire.”

 

 “Is there a clan in collusion with the enemy's? This will certainly reach the ears of Takeshi, who is presently in the mouth of Egypt, sorting a sudden opportunity, an ordeal in assisting the allies of Spain with an agreement speculated to be made" 

 

"Expect for Morito to have a word on that-" 

 

 Kanda soon read letters on her tablet of what to say next as she observed it said 'Now distract the souls to lower the state of fear, mention the sports segment' 

 

 'And now in terms of sports, Sasuke”

 

 “Morning Kanda! Sports this week are intense this April, Toshira Ukiyei of the Japanese basketball team the Blitz Chargers, sprung into action and made a grand stand against Shutou of Kobe to the surprise of the general consensus that most had that Shutou would win-'

 

 "That wasn't the most surprising event this week for sports Jim!" 

 

 “Tell us about the baseball Sasuke just don’t talk about your favorite team!” The group of news anchors laughed. 

 

 'The Yomiuri defeat Yokohama's OrchaStars when OrchaStars team gained a foreign talent that was surprised by the shocking victory Yomiuri managed to get for Yomiuri to now be in the 2nd spot in the early ranking for the championship title making it a three game lead that will-' 

 

 'Control the narrative, induce them further into sleep' Is what Jim read next as the other two listened to what he'd say as a blinking machine  counted the level of fear the populous briefly gave off that then stabilized. 

 

 'Speak your mind but if you do you'll lose the job' Thought Jim who watched Toki smile and begin to talk. 

 

 In the Yori headquarters, Yoshigawa tapped a hologram with notes and tossed it onto a table as the holo-pad slid over to a bruised culprit that seemed spaced out until the slam made him groggily glance over to Yoshigawa's fierce glare. 

 

 'That's quite the taste of music, did you choose the soundtracks all yourself? I haven't gotten any sleep ever since I got here, you can treat an old fellow with-' 

 

 Yoshigawa didn't say anything, moving along the table as Mr.Burke gave a broken smile that was met with a fist to his face. 

 

 'Sir, we've kept it awake all night I think he won't budge to g-'

 

 'The Fukushima... heir, Yoshikata-' Muttered a detective watching Yoshigawa knee Mr.Burke in the face, stopping Mr.Burke mid-sentence with continued knees to the face that made those in the room winch. The shackles on Mr.Burke kept him from falling from the seat that was melted into the floor. A swift punch found itself on Mr.Burke while a second detective entered quietly and thought of stopping Yoshigawa. 

 

 'Shouldn't you stop him? Anymore damage and that Setsu will be brain dead and out of this interrogation-' 

 

 'Yeah but the way Yoshigawa is going at it, is it even safe to stop him?' 

 

 'Good question' 

 

 'AKKKH!' Mr.Burke coughed having been hit in the gut as Yoshigawa swiped to slap him and reached for Mr.Burke's cheek then rubbed his knuckle against Mr.Burke's nose as the latter grumbled. 

 

 'There were over 4000 roughly, people that went missing and traced to that factory in a span of 3 months.' 

 

 “Can you do the math Mr.Businessman?” 

 

 "90 days divided by 4000, puts you at 44 people disappearing every day over those 3 months and that's only in this area" 

 

 "You're in deep sh** at the heart of the Yori" 

 

 'Who else is conspiring against the Tensei that had you come here? Are you acting on your own? This will look really bad for the Rikutos of Okobura... Shikoku' 

 

 'Your best bet of making it out of this is to rat on the rats that sent you to your demise- speak' 

 

 Yoshigawa backed up while Mr.Burke drew uneasy breaths and snickered with his swollen eyes, finding Yoshigawa's determined glare. 

 

 'From what I heard, you were far kinder is what's been said in gatherings yet you're so cruel Rikuto of the Fukushima'

 

 ‘I can still remember when I saw you dancing… you’re like a devil standing with that anger’ Mr.Burke weaked in a sigh and attempted to smile. 

 

 'That's business… Mr.Businessman, with how many years you've had around the Shikoku Rikuto's especially, you've been a businessman for the Talismans Treasury corporation but would make such a sloppy move, there has to be more to how you’ve been captured-' 

 

 “Tell me the plan behind the back up plan, don’t be the fall guy” Yoshigawa stepped forward with a calculated gaze. 

 

 "They'd rather have you dead than alive and before sending you off to the Ikigai's containment prison, you're going to explain the set up of the Setsu's you're working with" 

 

 "Very demanding, very unlike you, do you remember that meeting? At the ball the Rikuto’s of Orinyuu hosted. You seemed so polite at that Tensei meeting. You seemed like a very nice boy now you're playing bad cop" 

 

 Mr.Burke laughed some more, leading Yoshigawa to rush him as he punched Mr.Burke hard enough to cause a tooth to fly across the marble floor. 

 

 "Stop, you mustn't treat our guest that way!" A hand grabbed Yoshigawa's shoulder. When he looked back, he scuffed. 

 

 "Detective Hosio..." 

 

 "Jeez kid, shouldn't you be in highschool? Leave this work to us and go have some fun" Said Detective Jo. 

 

 "No, the real problems of the world have to be resolved and I can't play in that trap information when I have those who are in a problem that I have to resolve." Responded Yoshigawa, who stepped back as Detective Jo moved in to inspect the damage done to Mr.Burke who still tried to smile. 

 

 "And you two, why did you just stand there? Do you want to lose your jobs? That is very unprofessional to stare at Yoshigawa doing that to a suspect"

 

 "Suspect? That's a criminal, a terrorist with the charges we have listed." Baku added, avoiding Hoshio's gaze. 

 

 "Still, there's courtesy between clans and the Tensei. We wouldn't want to stoop into anything that’d be seen as harsh, please restrain yourself Mr.Fukushima" 

 

 “There’s an easier method to getting what we want.” Hoshio approached. 

 

 Yoshigawa took a moment to let her words calm him considering his thoughts went to the various laws of the Tensei. He knew them well as she started to recite one. 

 

 "Rule will be carried forth with the following guidelines having been met to justify the means of information gathering that will be presented to the Tensei, if and here in-" 

 

  "Can I have something to eat?" Asked Mr.Burke. 

 

 "With that bloody mouth?!" The two Setsu on standby thought to themselves as detective Hoshio raised a confused brow. 

 

 "I'm not in the mood for games, I'll have the Yori starve you if you don't tell us where those Strays went specifically, where are they hiding-" 

 

 Yoshigawa brought his phone out to dile. A ringing echoed through as it was answered and he placed it to his ear. "Bring in the Thursday Tacos"

 

 "Are any of you hungry?" 

 

 "I had something before coming here, thank you" 

 

 "Same, I'll pass" 

 

 A camera monitor in the enclosed room recorded the conversations. 

 

 "Then I'll give you a chance to reach him before we go straight for his memories. They have to be stimulated anyways so-"

 

 "The food is to trigger memories forcefully huh?" 

 

 "It is" Yoshigawa took a moment to step out of the dimly lit room. 

 

 “Dna from his saliva taken has shown contents of that so I pre ordered a method to reach that information detective Hoshio”

“So why did you beat him up?” 

 

 “Because I needed to vent” Yoshigawa gave her a smile that showed his sharp teeth as he turned to leave the interrogation room. 

 

 "Kara go up stairs and give clearance for the food. Make sure it isn't poisoned-" 

 

 "Yes sir, but how can I taste that if it's so sudden?" 

 

 "See if it's poisoned, take a bite" Yoshigawa gave him an uneasy smile that Lacy found cruel as he left the room and Yoshigawa handed Hoshio a folder that she recognized. 

 

 "From Miyumi?" 

 

 

 "It seems stocking up for an attack on Honshu wasn't the only thing, it's clear experimentations were conducted in that factory. The tampering of souls and their physical connection but what were such Strays looking for really?" 

 

 "It's concerning enough, we have to find out what before it escalates and threatens the populous... It must have to do with a corporation that can profit from the carnage, the reward being enough to nullify the risk of paying a group... Who that group is, has to be figured out. They’re wealthy enough to afford scapegoats… It's possible it can be that group that calls themselves Kogarashi as a stage name here but the hands that control it are obviously from that continent." 

 

 “Where father is” Yoshigawa frowned deeply as brought out his phone and went to Mr.Burke.

 

 “One last thing for now.”

 

 “See that? That's my cat named bell, she's as equally special as my girlfriend Naomi... If it weren't for having to go see our cat, I'd continue this. I'm gonna go feed her now, do yourself the favor and cooperate' - Yoshigawa sighed as he exited. 

  

 “His attitude is just like that broad Seilei!” Mr.Burke growled thinking of the last encounter with Seilei at the factory. 

 

 “You’re insane! We’re on the same side!”

 

 “WHAT ARE YOU DOING WE’RE!” 

 

 “Not anymore we’re not!” 

 

 “Darn you impertinent strays!’

 

 “What happened to our agreement? All I need is the paperwork for the realestate factory! We had an agreement! That fiend of the Kogarashi!” 

 

 “We agreed on working together for the invasion! To blackmail the Ginko’s!” Mr.Burke exclaimed as loudly as possible out of breath. 

 

 “You aren’t needed, from what I can tell and was told.” Seilei checked her nails as the two secretaries moved in to protect Mr.Burke. 

 

 “You Strays will pay for double crossing me!” 

 

 “No you crossed yourselves. You were after those papers under orders of your Sekiha, but what she didn’t anticipate is her use in being a scapegoat.” Seilei explained, walking through the snow that twinkled around her. 

 

 "You b*tch!" Mr.Burke smiled in a crazed manner, taking a step back. 

 

 "You're not gonna run are you? At Least die with a shred of dignity” 

 

 “You're not going to make this hard on my heart right?" Seilei said in a teasing manner bringing the tip of her fingernail to her lip. 

 

 "Please don't run, I want to get to Neifer as soon as possible!" 

 

 “I’ve been wanting to kill you ever since you opened your mouth!” Seilei found three of her Shiki’s were struck aside by Mr.Burke’s secretaries who struggled to stand against Seilei. 

 

 "Stop running!" Seilei shouted, sending three giant black fangs from her forearm that struck the ground causing debris to fly by the two secretaries that tried their best to protect Mr.Burke who continued running without any thought as to where. 

 

 From corridor to corridor, he finally found a door that lead to a vast chilly arching ceiling. In the distance there were trees and snow accumulating on the ground. To his surprise, he saw torches in the distance and soon realized the torches belonged to Ikigai Hachi. 

 

 "Gnats!"

 

 "Killed by that broad or... turn myself in" He smiled uneasily only to raise his hands and took off in a sprint towards the Ikigai.

 

 "WHHHHAAUUUGHHHH!" Mr.Burke screamed terrified. 

 

 "Who goes there?" One squinted, then shined the torch towards Mr.Burke's direction as a body suddenly crashed in front of Mr.Burke, causing him to scream in terror as he dropped to his knees. It was one of his secretaries. 

 

 She had a portion of her left leg torn off as she herself winched in pain. 

 

 "Say, why not give her a hand since I already have her leg?" Asked Seilei in a mocking tone. Mr.Burke looked back to see Seilei had one of the secretaries legs between her giant black extended claws that connected to the cold black wolf armor she had on. She waved it as though it were a cigar between fingers and soon the leg disintegrated as Seilei knelt forward to rush at Mr.Burke but the second secretary jumped over Seilei, sending a rush of purple retsu down that Seilei slashed away. 

 

 “I didn’t pay so much have you two lay dead and not do your jobs, go and stop her!” 

 

 "GAMMILA!" Mr.Burke called to his remaining watchdog watching the purple retsu mix with the snow as Gamila used it as a stepping board and connected against Seilei's claws only to side step when Seilei's black wolf like armor released a dozen ghostly wolf like fog steams that blasted the secretary across Mr.Burke. Seilei knelt forward and rushed towards Mr.Burke with furious wild eyes. 

 Just as she did so, four Ikigai flew above Mr.Burke landing right in her line of sight as she sidestepped and watched for the darkness of the forest in the distance. She could not only see them but heard dozens of Ikigai nearing the area. 

 

 "It's pointless to stick around any longer when they'll get him later." 

 

 "I've gotta get back to Neifer" Is what Seilei thought, her purple long hair swaying upwards like an agitated cat's fur. Fog zooed out of her slick black armor. 

Two of the wolf like Shiki took off tackling the Ikigai that drew their sabers and attempted to attack Seilei. 

 

 "I'll let you all hold onto his life for me for now, there's a time and place for everything… especially for all you cowards" 

 

 “I’ll get you call before I’m called back by Mr.Erio” 

 

 Seilei's last words were carried off by a haunting laughter. 

 

 “That was a report we’d gotten from the Ikigai that found you…” Said Hoshio, having seen the memories he slipped into only for Mr.Burke to growl at not being able to think without his thoughts being seen by the Setsu present. 

 

 “Well then, please treat him now” Pointed Hoshio, the medic on standby reluctantly went to treat Mr.Burke. 

 

 “So you’re the good cop?” 

 

 “Far from it, she’s a-” Detective Joshua commented while checking some files in a folder only to feel Hoshio whack him over the head. 

 

 “That Stray, you called her Seilei?” 

 

 “That’s her name…” Mr.Burke hesitantly said. 

 

 “None of you should be so hasty, when I say I don’t know the intention of those who’ve infiltrated that is the truth, I am telling the truth” Mr.Burke winced at the sting of alcohol being pressed.

 

 “In exchange for my protection I will tell you what I know…”

 

 “Very well” 

 

 “Those Strays, I only got there long enough to catch onto what they were doing. Those Strays under orders of a group by the name of ‘Kogarashi’ are using the ‘candies’ they made so they can have a lengthy campaign to weaken Osaka’s center hold and to find those Strays....” 

  

 “You’ll have to figure something else out, that’s all I’ve got” Mr.Burke tried to smile. 

 

 “Common wisdom through history trends let’s us know, if they’re hidden is our very turfs it’s because some are willing to hide them… traitors so there’s something the culprits either lack or want out of grudge-” 

 

 
“Motive…” 

 

 “He practically told us what we already know, should we call Yoshigawa back here?” 

 

 ‘Oh! But can you answer me this question? Seeing as I already answered one of yours-” 

 

 “I overheard some rumors… is it true the Hasegawa’s flower, their Gem, pearl  or whatever she’s call- She is present? That exquisite blood frequency, I couldn’t put my finger on it back at that factory but I sensed something insatiable there-” All present raised confused brows and glanced to Mr.Burke only to see his eyes bloodshot through his glasses as he licked his lips only to get struck in the face with a folded paper. 

 

 “AChk!” 

 

 “Don’t make that kind of face again you’re freaking the new interns out” Detective Joshua noted Mr.Burke growled lowly only to start laughing quietly. 

 

 “I shouldn’t be treated so cruelly when I’m from the Okobura or better yet go ahead, hit me some more, your whole department is getting sued when I get out of here!”  

 

 "I've told you what's been made shown to me! Those Kogarashi... are using all they can and this is only the opening act!" Mr.Burke howled like a madman. 

 

 “Considering you’ve been caught in a place with crimes that have broken every ethical code in the Tensei book, it’s likely your Rikuto has sent back up to also infiltrate and silence you maybe even brand you a scapegoat” 

 “I’m usually very lenient but… The way this is really looking it seems you have no place to go” 

 

 “Except hell, that we can provide since that’s what you’ve brought upon yourself” Detective Hoshio slightly pouted as she thought of what to do. 

 

 “Wait! aren’t you a good cop?!” 

 

 “No! there’s more, I’ll tell you more just keep me alive enough to get out of here!” Shouted Mr.Burke, feeling that his Retsu was being drained by the room, it was clear “None of you left any stones unturned-” 

 

 “So you’ve got me” Mr.Burke said defeated to which Detective Joshua smirked to the new interns. 

 

 “Consider logging into an email. Surely your group when you were operating had some means of communication.” 

 

 “It’s likely they won’t communicate through there anymore.”

 

 “Wait- why that email?” 

 

 “Because the way those Strays communicate is, they all share an email. They don’t send the messages, they save the messages as drafts in that email for all the other’s that log into that email to see.” 

 

 “Ah! We didn’t learn that at the academy…” The intern frowned. 

 

“So tell us about this ‘Chase’ we’ve built a portfolio on him from what’s been gathered these last 3 months. Is that the ring leader or just one of the pieces?” Detective Joshua pulled a sliding chair and sat to read the folder he opened as Detective Hoshio clicked through her phone to find “Miyumi” Detective Hoshio saw the name of who had been calling and then noticed a voice message. 

  

 “That may be all she wrote… literally” 

 

 “That businessman they captured, do you think he’ll turn up dead?”

 

 “It’s possible, that’s what always happens to those types… they always somehow mysteriously suicide in their cell” 

 

 “Onora do these look nice for Moriko? I wasn’t sure of the color since she’s in a hospital,”  

 

 “You wanted it to match the room's atmosphere?”

 

 “Yeah! but turquoise might be strange if the rooms all white”

 

 “I think she’ll be grateful with any kind you bring her, it’s the thought that counts Maya!” 

 

 “Leave it to you to tell me the obvious! Colors are important! One can put you at ease while a different color can stir feelings of anger…” 

 

 “It’s happened to people before, even at a subconscious level if they’re trained to dislike one color over another” 

 

 “Considering what Moriko went through…” 

 

 “Hm-” Onora thought of what Maya said, only to give her a nod. 

 

People in the town continued to whisper about the events that’d been revealed throughout the morning. 

 

 Onora and Maya made it to the hospital door only to hear news being revealed to Moriko. Shousa Natsu soon stepped out with a look of anger in her gaze. She stopped right in front of Onora, who gave her a salute along with Maya. “Shousa!” Onora tried holding back her tears as Natsu moved in and gave her a hug that brought both girls in. “She just learned about her brother Nishima’s sacrifice to save her. Please give her a moment…” 

 

 Entering the room, Moriko wiped her tears while sunlight shone through a flowing curtain. She stared into the orange sky, reminiscing on when she’d sleep below that sort of evening sky with her brother. Such memories made her reflect on the promise the two shared to raise their clan's standings and to grow the clan's agriculture. 

 

 She went on to smile, confusing Onora and Maya. Her hands went to her tummy. Onora approached and couldn’t find the words. What could she say? 

 

 “Here, these are for you!” Maya said, getting Moriko to notice their presence in the room. Onora bowed just as fast, unable to look her friend in the eyes. 

 

 “I’m… I’m sorry for having ran that time! Because… of me, you were hurt and Riri is in a lab still not out of danger!” 

 

 “No, you did what you could and came back with Shousa Natsu to save me and help as much as you could…” 

 “Onora-” 

 

 “Let’s get stronger together…” 

 “How… can you be so strong? After what you went through…” 

 

 “Maya-” 

 

 ‘Y-Yes Moriko?” 

 

 “Lady Cordelia was here earlier, she compensated my clan for my brothers noble acts but… then there was stuff she said about what truly happened and why it happened…” Moriko but her lower lip and went on to ask Onora and Maya a question that made her tearfully smile.  

 

 “What do you think of the name Asagao” 

 “It’s a pretty name, why?” 

 

 Both Onora and Maya glanced at each other then back to Moriko who only uttered “Thank you” 

 

 “What does that name even mean?” Maya Onora muttered as Moriko only said “Morning glory,  Brief love and bond of love” 

 

 “These curtains, they have to be moved more so more light can shine in!” Maya jumped to those words with a happy laugh filled with empowerment that made the other two giggle. Maya tugged the curtains aside more to give the three a far view into the beautiful evening sky. 

 

 “Honshu should not have fear, updates will continued around the clock and the people of our mighty region will be safe with the Ikigai and Yori who’ve got many promising Setsu rising among their ranks all with the help of experienced Setsu’s in our faction of the Tensei-” A radio continued to say in the back, Onora having noticed it at that moment while Maya brought out the clothes. Moriko reached for a turquoise dress. 

 

  “Take a rest, we’ll be here.” 

 

 “Is it even easy for her to sleep after what she went through…” Maya softly said, gaining a smile from Moriko who set the dress aside. “I already transmuted the sadness, I don’t have trauma since I got to see his memories” What Moriko said surprised the two. 

 

 “Who?!” 

 

 “I… saw the horrors he went through, the one that assaulted me in that factory… it may have not been okay what he did but it isn’t his fault because he went through trauma that hurt him and caused him to act with a corrupted heart and that would only pass on if I weren’t innerstanding as to why” 

 

 “I don’t want that to pass onto my child who has nothing to do with that, my brother died tending to the consequences of what he did in his life, having not done something when he witnessed what happened to that Setsu, named Nibla” Moriko continued speaking aloud while resting back on the pillows of the hospital bed. 

 

 “Who is that?...” 

 

 “She means the one that I saw… killed Rabo” Onora felt infuriated but took a deep breath. 

 

 “His home was burned by my brother’s pack a long time ago… that’s what caused him to retaliate and come to attack Honshu. There’s good souls on both sides, being used by those that don’t deserve to be in positions of leading because those kinds of devils have been leading souls to their demise and that has to end…” 

 

 “People that spark drama are corrupted souls that cause wars, have caused wars because they give vulnerable souls destructive thoughtforms that lead those souls to conflict. Those people have to be legally eradicated, that’s why we’ve all taken an oath to serve and help the Tensei as Setsu’s. To bring the ultimate reincarnation onto this planet, to drive out those parasites that spread like a plague from planet to planet rather than spreading constructively.” 

 

 “You’re right.” Is all Maya said, taking Moriko’s hand as Onora glanced back to her friends. 

 

 “My brother dealt with the consequences of what he failed to do at that moment earlier in his life. I only hope he found peace and knows I forgive him” Moriko grew teary eyed. 

 

 Maya strengthen her grip on Moriko’s hand. “I think he does, get rest.” 

 

 Onora went over taking a seat beside Moriko while Maya got close and pressed her head onto Moriko’s shoulder. 

 

 “When the snow leaf, grows-” Maya softly began to sing. 

  

 A hopeful smile forms on Moriko’s face as she leans back on the bed and closes her eyes. The orange sunshine washing into the room soon turns into a soft purple. 

 

 Elsewhere Himari began playing her piano within her home. 

Sango walked into the living room with a cheerful fond smile watching her daughter who almost sensed her, leading her to glance back to the entrance of the living room. 

 

 "Those Ikigai... sure cleaned up nicely the place seems like nothing ever happened, everything, the furniture is all dry!" 

 

 "Yeah!" Himari said aloud as she noticed someone appeared beside Sango soon. 

 

 "Except that it did all happen and it's thanks to those two..." Himari returned to playing her piano while thinking of Takumi and Haruna. 

 

 

0