Chapter 40 V3 [Bonus Chap 14]
15 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

 “Nithilith... Did you really have to come with that maid outfit?” 

 

 “She looks like a cosplayer, if you give her a blue sailor suit she'd resemble Megumi maybe... that idol singer” 

 

 “Please be professional, I outrank all of you and your leader Chase,” Nithilith said with her relaxed smile, noticing Chase stared intently at her. 

 

 "What are you staring at?" 

 

 "At your cleavage" Chase said straight forward as Nithilith kept her smile. 

 

 "There's nothing I could do about the dress, it'd raise too many questions if I were to dress differently and they saw me in any of the street cameras. So... wearing the maid outfit and entering a store or two, then disappearing works better." Nithilith explained, passing by the Shiki's chained near the Stray she talked to. 

 

 "Have you decided on which errands to start first?" 

 "We're almost done setting up the diversion with some of the Strays being given their tasks to do as your lord and savior said while I get what was agreed-" 

 

 

 Nithilith observed Chase flip a coin at her, she caught it; putting it in a device that projected a holo-gram of a list. 

 

 "Just be sure to finish your part first" Nithilith said, watching Chase turn a phone like device on. 

 

 "What word have you gotten?" 

 

 "Kogarashi entered the email we all share and left a draft not sent yet, so that new message is to you Nithilith it says, to be sure you free Mambo" 

 

 The words were said seriously as a sweat drop nearly slipped from Chase's forehead. 

 

 "Why would that group of yours want something with that crazed killer?..." 

 

 "You just said it well Chase, but never step out of line like that or we may have ourselves an internal war if you ever question the reasoning for anything that is told by he whose name shall not be said" 

 

 "Remember your place as the fall guy if worse comes to worse. Don't end up like that captured hog" 

 

 Her words caused some Strays to straighten, two reaching for their Woshu weapons though Chase only stared with a frown and went on to remove the gas-like mask he had on. His crimson red hair sizzled. Smoke slowly slipped out of the sides of his eyes and out of his ears, spreading to make a ghostly elderly face in front of his that made Nithilith laugh. 

 

 "That ghostly beard is quite attractive it's amusing that you'd use that to try and frighten little ol' me-" Nithilith swayed side to side with her hands behind her back, puckering her lips and then stared dissatisfied at the behavior. 

 

 "Know your place and how you'll lose out if you try something stupid like challenging Kogarashi, pretty boy. Your imitation of that warrior does nothing" Her words made them all hesitate while Chase took a breath through his nose, drawing the ghostly smoke into his nostrils followed by him standing from the desk he was on and pointed to Nithilith. 

 

 "You're not the only one that has backup, you do what you have to fast since it's likely that clan that's decided to help you is going to be discovered soon. You and that other accomplice better tie the loose ends well"

 

 

"And control those Strays, while I check the one's I've been given authority over. There's one by the name of Jeel that's a pain in the ass, the freakes been leaving tracks..." Chase shook his head in a angered grumble. 

 

 "Well, I'm close to finding the power cord in the Hachi's estate so the grid will be lowered soon, when that time comes; it's crucial you leave a big enough dent to keep them preoccupied." Nithilith explained giving all who were present the reminder of the main operation they were brought in to complete. 

 

 "So that the second 'Artificial Wave' can be a success and our lord can turn chaos into a new order" 

 

 "Messing with the sequence... resetting a history?" Chase glared fiercely. 

 

 "Very well, so long as you give us half of Honshu as agreed for Kyoto to take and don't apply that belief of your supposed lord to our area, then we'll be fine" Chase said gripping his fist. 

 

 "You can place whatever spell of enslavement onto those that lose when we finish these operations" Chase added with uneasiness. 

 

 "But you won't turn our side of the civilization to level zero" Chase affirmed though her loud giggle echoed striking fear into even him as it continued and it was so intense Nithilith grabbed at her stomach as she laughed. 

 

 

 

 "Conquest of this planet is what we will finish, so we'll focus on the current agreement" Said Nithilith to Chase who turned around only to freeze in sheer terror of the gaze Nithilith's eyes shot. 

 

 Nithilith moved over, tapping his shoulder so he'd land on the seat he'd been on. She grazed her fingers along his shoulder, going to the sides of his neck and then her small index finger shifted into a long scarlet nail she lightly tapped along his chin while all others present remained dead silent. 

 

  

 "You have enough of those candies, so use them well and put the gifts to use, " 

 

 

 "Seeing as you said what you wanted there's something else that will be mine now that I know it's in Honshu. I'll focus on getting the flowers, especially that... girl. I'm surprised it's as that leader of yours said. She's here, for the taking." Chase spaced out as Nithilith turned to pass by his seat. 

 

 "Ay traitor, you said your names Hiiro right?" 

 

 "Bring the map you showed us the other week" Said Chase, soon a second 'Neifer' appeared and removed his helmet to reveal the Setsu named 'Hiiro'. 

 

 "Oh! That's a Setsu that worked for Ikigai?! Have him help in catching some hostages!" Nithilith clapped once, then began disappearing out of the location. 

 

 "Get started" Were the last words Nithilith said. 

 

 “With true order, we prevent chaos... we prevent that, that is unnatural, from harming all life that has been and will ever be -” Hiiro thought to himself while staring away from Nithilith. 

 “What did you say?” Hiiro’s eyes widened as he held his breath. Nithilith suddenly appeared right beside his ear. 

 

 “Nothing…”  

 

 

 

 

 

 V3 can end there - 

 

 

0