Chapter 32: Ahem! Behind the Gentle Exterior!
2.5k 15 51
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 32

An hour earlier

Elcot Dukedom

The cities where the Nobles set up their Main House in their territories is nothing short of extravagant. The Nobles, with their pride, tries to one up each other, to show whose city is the best. In that race, the main city in a Noble's territory is advance and luxurious but it doesn’t mean that everywhere people is happy living in that city. Then comes the main city of House Elcot. The place where the Elcot house resides. The Elcot’s, are not particularly fond of extravagance. Unlike other city, the people of this city embraces nature and is surrounded by it. The Dukedom is full of nature and is clean, green and beautiful.

Most of the people of this city live as hunters and Adventurers. They often go to the forest to hunt animals while the Adventurers hunt Monsters. But that doesn’t mean the people living there are savages. People also make things out of the animals they kill. There are also farmer and the likes to provide them the necessary grain. The city is protected by a wall. Then comes the house of Duke Elcot. While the city is situated in a valley, the mansions where the main family and branch family resides in higher elevation, overseeing the whole city. The branch family is at a lower elevation nearer to the city than that of the main family. The forest at the back of the main Elcot house is a [Sacred Ground] as it is well-monitored place.

In the city, a man wearing a half buttoned shirt with bow and arrow could be seen going to the pub early in the morning. He opened the door and walked inside. Inside was quite an old fashioned bar; a bar with collection of alcohols and ales and tables for having meals. He looked around to see someone gesturing him to come. He walked towards the table where he was called. As he sat down, he guffawed before he spoke.

“Well, what do you know! The miser is finally treating me to some food!”

The miser in question was a short and stocky man with black beard. He quirked an eye at that.

“Well, this miser is paying so keep your mouth shut, brat.”

He still chuckled a bit before stopping. The waitress started bringing in the foods. As foods were served, he started to eat it unrestrainedly before chugging a few ales.

“So what’s the occasion? Why would the Guildmaster of ‘Adventure Guild’ would be interested in the little old Hunter like me?”

The short man sighed at the poor habit shown by the man. He simply sipped in a few times, his nose turning a little red, before talking.

“We have got a problem. And only you, the leader of ‘Hunter Guild’ can help me solve it.”

The tall man quirked an eye, a guess forming in his mind.

“Hmm? Problem? What is it?”

The short man sighed.

“It is quite problematic. You see, since yesterday, some of the boys have yet to return from the forest. It definitely wouldn’t be anything suspicious but they were headed deep in the forest.”

The man just smirked and shook his head in defeat.

“They underestimated the forest too much.”

However, the short man didn’t share the amusement.

“No, they were all seasoned veterans that knew the forest for 20 years. The other troubling fact is that Monsters have vanished.”

The man asked intrigued.

“Vanished, you say?”

The short one nodded before talking in a grave voice.

“Yeah, no monsters were there in their usual habitat. A lot of Adventurers are complaining about that. And from the rising cases of Monster Tide, I fear the worse.”

The hunter now looked grim, putting away the ales from his hand.

“No wonder the animals were scurrying away. They were likely fleeing.”

The Guildmaster asked.

“Do you know something?”

The hunter nodded.

“You, Adventurers, only have eyes for the monster, not knowing you can learn many things from animal’s habit. And yes this morning, the hunters reported that the animals were migrating quite early for this year but I fear they were fleeing away from something. It might be what you said, a Monster Tide is coming.”

They both looked grim but just then, a loud explosion occurred.

*KABOOM*

It caused the building to wobble a bit. People were screaming and panicking. The Guildmaster cried out.

“Holy Mother of Fate! What happened?”

The hunter cried out indignantly at him.

“It’s an explosion, dumbass! I should have known how tipsy you get from even the smell of alcohol!”


Scene Change

It showed a large section of the wall surrounding the city had crumbled. A hooded figure was walking calmly among the corpses of the Guards. In its hand, an orange lightning cackled. A female voice was heard.

“I would have like to wait some more time for the Monster Tide to accumulate but that bitch doesn’t have the patience. At least there is at least a thousand of them. Quite fast, as expected of a forest crawling with Monsters. Many unique monsters inside, never thought ‘that’ would fall for the bait.”

More figures arrived from the forest. The one sounding like male gave a report.

“Preparations complete. The guards in the outpost have been silenced.”

“Good. Now the guards are dead, they will have no time to prepare as the monster will go unhindered by the outpost. I do hope the rumored shadow forces of the Duke will try to minimize the damage before the Adventurers and the Hunters go into offence. It could give us enough time to infiltrate the mansion and get the blood from them.”

Another hooded figure arrived.

“I got news that the son and his uncle has gone inside the [Sacred Forest] just an hour ago. Maybe he will be inside the cave in few minutes.”

She nodded, as a complicated feeling arose within her. She squashed it as she replied.

“Good. Good. At least he is out of the picture for few days. Now nobody will be there when we get our hands on the Duke’s daughter. Intel is scarce on her as the Duke hid her pretty well from the public eyes. But I guess we’ll see her once we get her. Move out! All of you, towards the Duke’s mansion!”


Rowley Pov

Just 10 minutes after Aaron had gone inside the cave, a huge sound was heard. Rowley was confused.

“What? What was that?”

A figure leapt from the tree branch and stood in front of Rowley. He was wearing all black from head to toe. They were the ones keeping an eye on the sacred forest.

“It seems to be an explosion.”

A tick grew on Rowley’s forehead.

“I know that dumbass, just where is it?”

The figure shrugged.

“Don’t know. One of our is there to gather intel. All we can do is wait.”

Five minutes later another figure leapt from the branch. He seemed to be out of breath as he was wheezing.

“Not Good!”

“What happened?”

“Monster Tide. A hole has been breached from the eastern side of the wall, creating a direct entrance for the monster to invade the city. The outpost remains unresponsive. However, bodies of guards killed using weapon was observed near the destroyed walls. No sign of Attackers yet.”

Rowley eyes narrowed.

“That explosion was man made! However, it could also be a diversion. Shit! Most of ‘us’ including Brand have gone to the border to help brother Stan. Only a few remains here. When will the Monster Tide come in contact to the wall?”

The figure thought for a while.

“Maybe in 5-10 minutes without the outpost doing it's duty. They will likely come unhindered.”

Rowley growled in distress.

“Shit, Shit, Shit! Not enough time. Mobilize the rest of you. We need to hurry and close the hole if possible. If not, minimize the casualties until the guards in the city, Adventurers and Hunters mobilizes!”

By saying that Rowley galloped in his horse towards the Duke’s mansion before leaving the horse midway and started to run. He reached there in just few minutes. Alicia was outside waiting with a face of worry. She asked him.

“Father! What happened?”

Rowley looked at her while replying as he brought out his weaponry and armor.

“The wall has been breached and there is Monster Tide in a moment’s notice.”

Alicia gasped.

“Take me with you, Papa!”

Rowley thought for a while before his head shook.

“No, I believe it is just a diversion. The explosion is unnatural unless someone used magic to blow it up. I don’t know what their aim could be. Also I cannot stay back because I need to minimize the casualties. But I am leaving in charge of this mansion to you. Be safe daughter. There are still few guards here, command them. I will try to be as fast as possible, hold out till then.”

He kissed her forehead before heading towards the city. Alicia too wished her father to be safe.

“Papa, please be safe as well!”

With that she carried out the instruction to the nearby guards.

“Form a perimeter around the mansion. Do not let your guard down until the chaos in the city has quelled. If any suspicious figure arrives within 50 m of the mansion, instruct them to leave. If they do not, then threaten them. Last resort, stop them. Also one of you, head towards the [Teleportation Circle] to the capital city and relay the information to Duke Stan.”

One of the captain of the guard looked unsure.

“Ms. Alicia, I was notified this morning that the Sir Duke is at the border and is currently unavailable for few days!”

Alicia narrowed her eyes at that. Something was fishy and the attack was timed too perfectly to coincide with Duke’s departure and Aaron’s ceremony.

“Ignore the last command. Do the other. If something goes awry, then hold out till father returns.”

The guards nodded and did as instructed. Then the door of the mansion slowly and Fiore peeked out. She innocently asked.

“Alicia nee-chan, what is happening?”

Alicia just smiled and patted her head as she soothingly assured the little girl.

“It’s nothing Fiore. Why don’t we head inside and have breakfast? You still haven’t eaten anything right? Why don’t we have something together?”

Fiore smiled and nodded.

“All right!”

With that Alicia headed inside, but not before casting a worried glance at the city. Meanwhile everything was being observed by the hooded figure at a distance.


Back at the city, things were getting dire. The monster had finally breached the city from the wall. Rowley and the others were just in time to see monsters entering through the wall. People were screaming and the few hunters and Adventurers were dazed. Donning an armor that displayed the sigil of Elcot house, Rowley showed no mercy. He took out his dual blade from his back before performing a crisscrossed form.

[Wind Blade]

A crisscross patterned blade of winds shredded the weaker monster at the front causing the stronger ones at the back to be wary. He gritted his teeth, the others seemed to be in a state of delirium. During this time, he issued out the commands.

[Presence Lvl 8]

“Fan out! Do not let them in further! Adventurers and hunters at the back, evacuate the civilians.”

The Adventurers and the hunters were no longer dazed as they immediately followed his command and started to evacuate the citizen from the warzone. However, using the skill made him more of a target as concentrated numbers of monsters of the forest like spider monkey, Direwolf, killer beetles, Bears, etc started to attack him. His expression grew wilder as he seemed to ooze out red aura. He grinned savagely.

[Bloodlust Lvl Max]

Before reigning it in. He shook his head.

“Got to do it fast. I don’t know when the others will attack the mansion. Not to mention some high level Monsters are at the back of this tide……”

 With a fierce determination, he went on a killing spree.


Back at the mansion, the Guards were guarding the perimeter. A hooded figure walked out of from the shadow of the forest. The Guards halted their patrol and focused on the hooded figure. The guards from the gate shouted.

“Halt! Not an inch further!”

The hooded figure did not halt as she slowly walked near. The Guards, sensing something wrong, readied their weapons. Then she broke into a sprint. Three of the Guards also ran towards the hooded figure.

“For the Duke!”

The captain tried to call out to them but to no avail.

“Fools! Don’t sprint at her. We are here to Guard, not Attack the enemy!”

But it was too late. The hooded figure took out her sword. The first guard tried to attack from the front. But she leapt over him in a graceful manner before stabbing the sword backwards, right between the thin spaces of the armor. The guards coughed out blood before she applied more pressure and a blade erupted out of his stomach.

“Gahhh!”

She took it out as the guard tried to comprehend the situation before slowly falling down. She grinned sadistically beneath her hood and decapitated the guard. The 2nd and 3rd guards were shocked before fury erupted in their heart.

“Damn YOU! [Might]”

His silhouette grew a bit buff. 

“You bitch! [Charge]”

One of the guard instantly accelerated at her while the other was right behind him. The charged guard got instantly skewered from the bottom.

[Earth Spike]

 “Guoo!”

He instantly died while the other guard just destroyed the spike with his slash. But it distracted him enough to allow her to slip from his vision. Then without knowing he instantly got decapitated. The Captain narrowed his eyes.

“This is not so simple opponent.”

Before his eyes widened. All around the compound, more hooded figure appeared from the forest as they all casted magic.

“[Flame Bomb]!!”

Multiple balls made from fire appeared to hover above them. The guards seemed to be surprised at their sudden appearance. The captain thought.

‘She was making herself the focus so as to reduce our attention to other places!’

“Retre-!”

*Boom*

If the people inside the mansion were unaware of the situation outside, they are now. Alicia quickly looked at the rise of ash and smoke outside. Many hooded figures were engaging the defense inside. She bit her lips and told the maids.

“Take Fiore and go somewhere safe.”

Fiore was looking here and there in panic. They could also hear the screams and explosions outside.

“W-what is happening Alicia onee-san?

Alicia just crouched and looked at Fiore in the eye and grinned as she patted her head.

“Don’t worry, Fiore. Onee-chan has it handled. You need to get out of here alright. I am going to be all right, I promise. Take her away.”

Few of the maids took her hand and proceeded upstairs. Just then the door was flung open and only one of them entered the door. The maids and the others seem to be in fright. While Alicia stood in front of them all. Alicia pointed her halberd at her as she shouted.

“Who are you and do you know whose mansion you are entering?”

Alicia could not get a glimpse of her face due to the hood. The enemy simply scoffed.

“A child this time? A piece of cake.”

Alicia remained vigilant but it was good that the enemy was not taking her seriously. The enemy then massaged her shoulder with her hand.

“Hmm this hood is getting in the way.”

She then removed it as Alicia’s eye widened and so did many other maids who had remained in the house for 20 or so years. Her face was the exact copy of their late Duchess. Even Alicia was confused.

‘What! How!’

The lady did not seem to be fazed however. She was, when a girly squeak was heard.

“M-mommy!”

“Huh?”

The lady looked at the 2nd floor to see a small girl of 10-12 years old. She was surrounded by maids who were trying to take her away. Alicia gasped as she screamed.

“Fiore, get away from here!”

Now it was the lady’s turn to be confused.

“Huh? This is Fiore? The Duke’s daughter?”

It was small but gradually she felt the irony as she started to laugh madly causing the whole room to look at her. She was keeping her hands on her stomach as she laughed hysterically, which the people found it crazy.

“HehehehehehahahHAHAHA! What a twist! No wonder the Duke did not let her out! It all make sense now! It all fucking make sense now! That bitch took you as her own, didn’t she!”

Alicia and the other were confused.

“What?”

The doppelganger suddenly jumped towards Fiore with a crazed look on her face, scaring Fiore. She wanted to cleave and decapitate Fiore with her sword. But she suddenly changed the strike of her sword to the side, parrying the halberd strike from Alicia who appeared right beside her in mid-air with a determined look. The doppelganger looked surprised before grinning.

“This could get interesting!”

Then a mid-air fight ensured. The doppelganger used [Fire Cutter] causing a pressurized blade of fire to strike at Alicia. Alicia responded with [Mana Pierce] causing the tip of the halberd to glow blue and strike it. It caused a small explosion and the remaining fire was sent to the upper floor crashing out from the roof. Both of them landed on the ground. Alicia quickly got into a stance, her feet spaced apart as she held the spear with one hand near the tip while the other in the shaft. The doppelganger on the other hand was as relaxed as she could be. They both stared at each other.

Then the doppelganger disappeared. It wasn’t a skill but pure agility and speed. Alicia’s eyes widened and wandered here and there, trying to follow her enemy’s movement but all she could see was blur. Then she thrust her halberd ahead, causing a sword to parry it. But instead of parrying it fully, the opponent kept it there and went forward causing spark to emerge. But before she could get close, Alicia applied her strength and pushed her down immediately which caused the ground beneath the doppelganger to crack. The doppelganger spoke.

“You do know I outclass you in each and every stats, right? Yet, you followed my movement. Could not be due to any skill except the passive skill [Dynamic Vision].”

Alicia [Lvl 245] vs Doppelganger which could likely be [Lvl. 300+] yet she stood in front of her. Before the doppelganger casually lifted the halberd that had her pinned with her sword. Alicia quickly backed off to regain the distance between them.

‘At least until Father arrives I must hold her back.’

She readied her halberd. Green Aura started to manifest over her body. Few scales started to appear at the side of her eyes.

[Draconic Bloodline] Activate!

Alicia [Lvl 245 -> Lvl 285!] Her stat changed in proportion to the increase of level but she could only maintain it till her Mana reached 0. Also it only allocated at her [STR] and [VIT]. The doppelganger was surprised.

“Is this the famed [Draconic Bloodline]? Not too shabby considering the increase of your level. But that’s it. Also I heard it’s just been few days or so since you got your power. All it does now is increase your level not the experience!”

She then disappeared once more, and this time Alicia was able to see her now that the difference wasn’t as huge as before. She parried an attack from the left and then swung her halberd. The doppelganger had enough grace to casually flip back. Not, before sending out few [Fire ball] at her. Alicia cut through them using [Wind edge] causing a small explosion before she buffed herself with [Haste] making her fast. She went on the attack and used [Wind Piercer], thrusting her halberd forward where the women should have been. The wind swirling from the skill dispelled the dust in the air which revealed the women to have disappeared from there.

Her eyes suddenly looked at her side, seeing the woman on the floor looking at her while smirking. Alicia quickly tilted her head a little before an earthen spike flew, just centimeters off from her face. However, it did leave a small cut that leaked blood. The women smiled.

“First blood goes to me.”

Alicia narrowed her eyes. Initiative of the battle should not be given to the enemy, otherwise you will fall under his rhythm. That’s what she learned. This time, she will go on the strike. She quickly repositioned herself and sped off. The effect of [Haste] still lingering. Alicia twirled her halberd making the woman to step back from her area of attack before using [Wind edge]. The woman somehow dodging in mid-air but some part of her clothes did get cut off. The woman widened her eyes at that.

“Perhaps underestimating you would be foolish. Well, let us end this battle.”

Then she pointed her sword to the ground and stabbed it. Alicia was wary and did not pursue her. However, she still was on guard. Then a click was heard before the whole sword twisted. No, twisted would be a strong word but it got divided into smaller pieces attached by a wire from the middle. She took it out and started to brandish it like a whip. She hummed in delight.

“Hm, Hm, Hmmmm been a while since I last used this.”

Alicia narrowed her eyes as sweat started to appear.

‘Her atmosphere changed. At first, when she used her sword, it felt like she was a cat toying with me. But now? It feels like a beast is going to maul me.’

The woman tested her whip by twirling it around her. Everywhere it touched, deep gouges appeared. She narrowed her eyes at Alicia.

“Well, let’s dance. [Flash Step]”

She appeared in front of Alicia. Her hand, which had the handle of her weapon, went from down to up bringing the sharp sound of metal whip cutting the wind. Alicia just kept the halberd horizontally. The whip slashed the shaft of the halberd as sparks flew off from the point of contact. However, that strike caused Alicia to be lifted up momentarily. Alicia gritted her teeth.

‘Such strength! Even though the whip is for slashing and is supposed to be weak, she has enough strength to lift me up!’

Then, casually the woman twirled, coming closer to the airborne Alicia. Before lifting her leg and kicking at the shaft of the halberd. This caused Alicia, without any footing in the air, to be launched to the wall.

“Gufoh!”

Alicia made a dent on the wall before coming out of it and crouch in pain. Alicia thought as she looked at her shaking hand.

‘If not for the boost in vitality and strength, my hands were likely to ripped off from the first strike. Though the transformation time is limited.’

“Oya, you have time to be thinking around?”

The woman had already come within her strike zone as her hand slashed. Alicia quickly angled her halberd to meet the whip.

[Shockwave]

Alicia found herself to be blown across the room. However, she was confused.

“How?”

The last thing she remembered was that the sharp whip meeting the halberd before something appeared on the point of contact and she was blown away. The woman smiled.

“Babe, it’s the weapons special feature. It can create shockwave at the point of contact whenever I want and if the foe is weaker than me, it will blow them away.”

Alicia tried to stand up but started to wobble once she did. The woman did not wait much before her hand gripping the whip made a series of movement. It caused a flurry of whips to lash at her. Alicia gritted her teeth as she spun the halberd above her.

[Wind Vortex]

A small tornado appeared as she was in the middle of it. The woman chuckled as she replied.

“That would have worked….”

But the tornado was torn asunder by the whip.

“….. if you weren’t so weak.”

Multitude of whip attacks made in contact with Alicia. She was blown away, this time causing a hole in the wall where her leg stood out. The woman glanced upwards, towards Fiore as she gasped in fear. She just smiled before destroying the beam that supported the floor Fiore was on. The floor collapsed in an incline causing Fiore to roll down the slope, right in front of the woman. The maid who were at the unaffected part of the floor cried out her name. However, the woman looked at Fiore before stepping on her head.

“Well, well, well, if it isn’t my little sister.”

More force was applied as Fiore cried out from the ground.

“Ahh, it hurts!”

The woman just narrowed her eyes at that. Before kicking her away to the wreckage of the destroyed floor. As the rubble came closer, Fiore just closed her eyes at the inevitable pain. Thankfully, Alicia arrived just in time to cushion her small body. Fiore looked at her and tears were welling up in her eyes.

“Alicia onee-chan…. You are alright. I am so glad.”

But Alicia just smiled slightly, blood marring the one side of her face causing her to shut one of her eyes. She just caressed Fiore’s face with one of her working arm, especially the swollen part at the cheek where the woman had kicked her. She narrowed her eyes at that as she glared at the woman looking at them.

“Hitting defenseless child. Don’t you have any compassion for the weak and children?”

The woman just looked at her before giggling.

“Hahaha weak she says! Do you know even the ‘thing’ you are holding?”

 Alicia narrowed her eyes. She was getting blurry eyes. Probably, it was concussion when she had hit her head against the wall the last time. Her transformation was cut off as she had momentarily lost consciousness. However, she was sober enough to hear the woman’s rambling.

“Thing?”

“Of course the one you are holding onto.”  

Alicia looked at Fiore while Fiore was looking at the woman. The woman continued on, dropping a bomb on them.

“She is not even the spawn of Duke Stan.”

Alicia denied instantly before countering it.

“It’s not possible. She has the characteristics of the Duchess.”

The woman smirked.

“So do I.”

Alicia frowned while the woman continued to drop more information.

“The thing you are holding onto, is nothing but a clone created by the [Cult]. Just like I was and just like your precious late Duchess was!”

Alicia widened her eyes so did the maid and butlers who were looking and hiding nearby.

“We are clones. Clones of one of the heroes, the [Sword Saintess] Kimiko. The late duchess was the best among us, however she broke free of their control and rebelled against the [Cult]. She caused even more destruction after she met up with your Duke. She invaded the laboratory where we were made. Even took that baby clone you are holding onto. That little girl was created to be the ultimate weapon for the [Cult] as well as a vessel. But in the end it all went down and the Duke had hidden this little girl very well. And you tell me she is a weak girl?”

Alicia listened on the mad rambling of the woman. This woman was rambling but there was no denying that she had some sort of a grudge against their duchess. However, if it was spite kind of grudge or….. envy kind of grudge, she did not know. Fiore listened on to the rambling of the woman, her eyes not understanding a thing she was saying. The woman looked at her spitefully.

“Even till the end, that woman never confessed where she had hidden you!”

The woman pointed out to Fiore.

“Even if she was near death, she remained adamant on not telling your location.”

Fiore was confused. Seeing the confusion on Fiore’s face made her grow irater. Alicia wanted to cover Fiore’s ears but the woman was faster in telling secret.

“In simple term ‘little girl’, you are the reason why your ‘mother’ died.”

Fiore’s eyes widened while Alicia gritted her teeth in anger. But the woman continued on.

“You are not even their child yet you were the reason she died. It’s all your fault. I heard that you have a lovely elder brother who loves you? If he knew you were the reason why his mother died, what would he think? Maybe he will start to hate you.”

Fiore’s heart grew more hollow the more she talked on and on. Remembering that her brother just started to care for her and the other who wouldn’t be coming back anymore, she wouldn’t know what to do if he hated her. Tears fell from her face as she pleaded weakly.

“No… no…. please don’t tell my brother…. I-I will do anything but please don’t make him hate me…”

Fiore weakly crawled out as she sobbed. But the woman felt annoyed by her. She muttered as her face darkened.

“It’s always you…..”

The woman stood in front of Fiore as she said.

“You said you’d do anything right? Then….”

Fiore looked up at the woman as she snarled.

“…. Die for me!”

She plunged her sword, that got turned from the whip mode, at Fiore. Fiore had no time to do anything as she stared at the incoming sword. She closed her eyes but felt someone tug her strongly from the back. Alicia gritted her teeth as she tugged Fiore away from there. Now the fury of the mad woman turned to her.

“You dare?!”

She quickly slashed her sword horizontally after the pierce attack. Alicia had no time as the sword sliced at her stomach. Fiore’s eyes widened in shock as the blood spilt over her face.

“NO!! ALICIA ONEE-SAN!!”

Alicia just gritted her teeth and jumped with Fiore to create a distance. She felt her bleeding stomach as bullets of sweat appeared. She couldn’t hold back her groan.

“Arghhh!”

She vomited blood as Fiore was panicking.

‘It nearly got my organ.’

However, the woman didn’t say anything and opted to come closer. Not minding her wound, Alicia just clutched it with her hand and tried to shield Fiore. Just then someone came barging through the door. A familiar visage appeared in front of her eyes. Alicia thought.

‘It’s impossible! Maybe I may have lost more blood than I thought and am hallucinating? Maybe is this what I desire right before my life ends? Sorry Aaron, I couldn’t protect your sister.’

It all ended when Aaron talked with a furious tone.

“WHO THE HELL ARE YOU?”

Before the woman looked at him as he was part shocked.

“Mother?”

Alicia thought as her eyes widened.

‘It really is him! I am not hallucinating at all?’

As she felt relief, she also felt like she could leave the rest to him. Her consciousness, which should have been faded long ago, gave up as a massive load had lifted from her shoulder. Slowly she fell forward only to be grabbed by strong warm arms.

‘Ah, so nostalgic…. That time too, he protected me with these arms.’

And so she fainted.


Aaron Pov

He looked at the bleeding Alicia on his hand as his face turned grim. The situation was a lot worse than anticipated. He had only caught a glimpse when he broke down the door but now seeing an almost dead Alicia and injured Fiore, a fury within him arose. He took out a healing potion from his [Storage Ring] and tried to feed Alicia. But as she was fainted, he could only do one thing. He kept the potion’s liquid in his mouth and proceeded to feed it to Alicia mouth to mouth.

‘Uncle, forgive me! Alicia, forgive me!’

He administered the potion. It was an expensive potion capable of healing even mortal wounds. He could see the wound rapidly closing off. He carried her and kept her to the side. Fiore was dazed before Aaron crouched to her level and applied the potion on her face. She shook violently as Aaron gently placated her.

“It’s all right Fiore. Big brother is here. No one can hurt you.”

Fiore looked at him with tears on her eyes.

“Big brother? Big brother? Big brother!”

She latched onto him and sobbed. He comforted her by caressing her head. As he did he glared at the lookalike woman. If he was right, this woman was one of the assassin who had caught Nina. The woman looked at him impassively. She looked at the relief in Fiore’s face and smirked.

“Do you really think that is your real sister?”

Fiore turned stiff on his arm and clutched his cloth hard. He frowned and remembered the conversation with Fafnir. The woman continued on, enjoying the fear that had plastered onto Fiore’s face.

“She is but a mere clone. A doll created with a purpose in mind. She is the reason why your mother is dead. Don’t you hate her? If it weren’t for her, then you mother would have lived.”

Fiore looked at him, scared. Looking at her fearful face, his face too darkened. Fiore thought that he hated her as tears appeared at the corner of her eyes. She flinched when Aaron roared out in fury.

“You F&%$@#%$$#$$#!”

The woman was surprised as were the maids who knew how gentle Aaron was. He continued on.

“YOU SICK F$%K! YOU ENJOY TORMENTING ON OTHER’S FEAR?! ESPECIALLY OF MY LITTLE SISTER. LET ME TELL YOU, YOU **CENSORSED FOR REASONS**! I KNEW IT! I KNEW THERE WAS SOMETHING DIFFERENT WITH MY SISTER! BUT NONETHELESS WE ALL LOVED HER! SHE WILL FOREVER BE MY LOVELY LITTLE SISTER!”

The woman was shell-shocked at the foul-mothed brat. Did he even know what he was saying? He was cussing even worse than sailors did! Fiore was surprised because she thought he would aim his anger on Fiore. She felt relief coursing through her at the kind words spoken by her brother, even though she did not know more than half of what he was saying.

“MOTHER LOVED HER! I LOVED HER! SO WHAT IF SHE IS DIFFERENT? I WILL CHERISH THE MEMORIES I HAD WITH HER FOR THE REST OF MY LIFE! SO WHY DON’T YOU GO FUCK OFF, YOU THOT!

He pointed out his sword at her with one hand and carried a surprised Fiore with the other. His eyes turned red, his mouth was upturned with his teeth shown and vein appeared on his face as red aura gushed out of him. His image could be described as ‘Angry highschool delinquent trying to act tough’ if Kimiko ever saw it. He was royally and totally pissed off. The bitch had the gall to prey on his sister’s insecurity, as well as enjoy torturing her mentally? No matter if the whore had the face of his mother, he will really enjoy destroying her.  

Thanks for reading!

51