Chapter 15
65 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"When facing the dean, you may feel some pressure due to the mana which he would be emitting self consciously. It can't be helped because he is close to breakthrough into the 7th rank as a mystic. If it wasn't for the fact that he needs to meet with all new prospects every year to approve them, he would still be in closed door training."

"The dean's demeanor is one of a tyrant, but he cares deeply for all students and teachers in the Griffin Academy. However, any personal matters must be solved with your own strength, he will only serve as a protector while within the city itself." Thomas told Lance and Samantha.

"Before we go in, you two will have to remain outside of the dean's chambers. This is a rule that everyone not close with the dean or affiliated directly with the Griffin Academy must follow. Do not worry, I alone would be more than enough to protect these two children if something were to occur."

The two guards who helped assist Thomas in escorting Lance and Samantha into the city both looked at each other hearing this before turning back towards him and nodding in agreement. Even if a meteor came crashing through the sky, it would be difficult for either one of these two given their low ranks as warriors to do anything that either Thomas or the dean couldn't accomplish.

Finally, outside of the dean's chambers, the two guards quickly each stood in place as Thomas accompanied the other two children towards the doorway. Two seemingly powerful individuals were standing outside guarding the entrance. The two looked to be extremely battle hardened as if they just came here after serving countless years in the military.

When they spotted Thomas walking over with two children, their mood seemed to lighten up before one of them lifted a hand to gesture for the three to halt their advancement. "So, Granite Town actually blossomed two children who are fit to join our ranks?" the guard asked Thomas before cracking a slight grin.

"Master Nathan, these two children actually scored rather high during the test as well. This here is Lance who has a high elemental affinity for the light element. And this here is Samantha who has an average elemental affinity for the water element. However, before you ask, Lance's test did not show any hints of the fire element, so being that he could only use healing and supporting type elemental techniques, we can accept him into our academy."

"Lance, Samantha, these two guards are the two top experts of our academy behind the dean, and they are both at the doorway of reaching the 6th rank as mystics. They may not be personally teaching either of you, but all students and teachers still refer to them with the title of master."

"Do not worry about this, because most of the teachers in the academy are high enough ranked to take on students and guide them through their journey. The Sun Dynasty ruled many years ago that in order to teach in any academy, a warrior or mystic must reach the 5th rank. This is because once you reach such a level, you can be considered to be able to teach those who have yet to reach it themselves."

"The reasoning for this will be explained later on as you continue to develop. But all you need to know is that your teachers for your elemental studies and general studies are all top notch so you will not necessarily fall behind those in bigger academies." Thomas explained to the two children. "So Master Nathan, may we see the dean?"

"The moment you set foot through the gates, the dean gave us orders to at least ask you about these two children's tests. Since he now knows how the situation is for these two, he has ordered both of us to allow you to pass." Master Nathan replied to Thomas's request before the two Masters gave the three more room in order to pass through.

"Come along children, it is not polite to keep the dean waiting any longer." Thomas told Lance and Samantha as he led the two inside of the dean's chamber. The chamber was rather dark as only some light came through from the ceiling. Other than a normal looking office type room, the only difference between this chamber and some high ranking official's chambers, is that there were several statues scattered about that resembled an ancient griffin.

At first, the two children couldn't even feel a presence inside. This worried them slightly, as they continued to scan the room before finally locating a desk at the end of the chamber with a small altar next to it. Emanating from the altar was a small light brown flame that continued to slowly expand.

"Hello Dean Griffin!" Thomas bowed towards the altar as the two children continued to watch the flame becoming larger and larger as it slowly took a strange shape. What started as a small ball, started to sprout wings, a large beak, and legs before the flame could finally be made out by both Lance and Samantha. It was actually a griffin shaped flame!

1