Chapter 21
71 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Not even a breath of time later, Lance's new teacher's hand was glowing as a small light radiated out of her hand. As this was happening, the light slowly formed into a small ball of light and became a sphere before floating upwards into the air.

"This will be one of the first techniques that I will teach you after you reach the 1st rank as a mystic. Unfortunately enough, to truly teach you how to heal your comrades, you must learn some very basic medical skills and knowledge, or you could potentially hurt someone."

"Just as many water elemental affinity experts could use their water element to change the flow of poison in one's body, the light element also has many more uses concerning healing to it and only by understanding how a body works, would you be able to heal not just basic wounds, but life threatening wounds as well."

"Now, before I even give you some books to teach you the basics of the human body's anatomy and medical treatments, you must work hard to reach the 1st rank of a mystic. Failing to even take the first step on the path to becoming an expert of the mystic path, would make all other training currently useless."

"Sit down with your legs crossed on the mat over there and close your eyes while you listen to my teachings. I will help guide you since it is very clear that you don't have an ounce of mana within your body. Only by increasing the amount of mana your body is able to hold, could you become an expert worthy of me teaching."

Listening to the instructions, Lance cupped his hands before following his teacher's instructions. The previous night, he learned about different training methods, and this was considered to be the most basic. Without questioning himself or his teacher, Lance sat down on the mat crossing his legs as his eyes closed.

"Listen carefully my student, take deep breaths through this exercise and make sure to remain relaxed. When you feel that you are ready, you are to concentrate and try to find a small light within the darkness. Once you find that small light, begin to absorb as much energy that you can from it, but only as much as you could handle."

Just as she had said, Lance within the space of his mind, was able to pinpoint a very small speck of light. It seemed to be very far away, but he still found it not to be too overbearing to absorb some of the energy even from this distance.

As time passed by, Lance continued to absorb as much energy as he could, before he felt the increase of the mana within his body slowing down. Not hearing anything else from his teacher, Lance concentrated on trying to get close to this light which was still rather far.

With every two steps, the energy once again became stronger and stronger, as time seemed to pass by him. However, the power and strength that he felt now radiating from his body was unlike anything he had ever felt before this moment.

Unfortunately for Lance, the speck of light after what seemed like many days finally began to move further and further away from him, until fully disappearing. And before he could even begin to react, he heard his teacher's voice, telling him to open up his eyes once more.

Slowly, Lance began breathing deeply once more as he opened his eyes. Visible sweat was covering his entire body from top to bottom as he saw that it was dark outside. Sitting at her desk as if she didn't notice him being in such a sorry looking state, the teacher only yawned without even giving him a glance.

"According to my calculations from this being your first day training as a mystic, it will take you about one month to reach the 1st rank as a mystic. I was hoping that you would be well above average in this regard, but I sort of knew just by looking at you, that you would only be average."

"Now, be here tomorrow at the same time. You are not to skip the introductory class you are in until you reach the 1st rank. Once you do, I will make arrangements for you to spend your mornings studying medical books I will give to you as well as one trade. The moment that I feel you slacking, you will receive one strike and if you reach three strikes, you will be expelled."

"Otherwise, you can call me Teacher Lily moving forward. However, don't you think about dropping my name to get out of any kind of troubles you find yourself in until I give you permission to do so!" Lily told Lance as she headed out of the room first.

Seeing his teacher acting this way, made Lance's body shudder as a coldness ran down his spine. Wasn't this the beginning of a hell like training if he was only considered average? Shaking his head, he could only rub his head as a headache was forming.

"Well, if I start complaining after it only being the very first day, I wouldn't deserve to be here to begin with." he thought as he stood up slowly and headed back to his room at the male dorms. Lance may have looked to be in a very sorry state, but his body was now infused with not just his physical strength, but a strange new power called mana.

3