Chapter 25
55 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The morning was rather exciting for Lance as he got out of his bed and finished getting his things together. His teacher would be accompanying the students and helping everyone get settled in along with the other teachers who didn't have classes to teach during this period of time. Knowing that no one from his clan would be able to watch his progress made Lance feel rather down, but knowing he at least had his teacher watching cushioned these feelings.

"Well, you sure took your time." standing with the group of students was not only the teachers but the dean himself as well. Lance could barely recognize him, but the dean had a large tattoo of a phoenix on his right arm which was very visible since he was wearing a robe with no sleeves.

Seeing the dean in his actual human form without the flames covering his outward appearance, gave Lance quite a weird feeling. The very first day when he was accepted into the Griffin Academy, his opinion of the dean was extremely high, but now seeing how the dean actually looked, made him feel rather uneasy.

The reason for this change of attitude, was because the dean was clearly muscular compared to the average mystic path expert which meant that he at least reached the 3rd rank as a warrior. Lance was not expecting the dean to technically be a dual master, but in retrospect, he felt that assuming the dean wasn't showed how little he knew about the world.

Lance did read in one of the books he took from the male dorm's library, that mystics who choose to drink the blood of a demonic beast would not just receive a boost in their training as a mystic, but also within the warrior path as well and depending on the type of demonic beast, the expert would almost instantly grow their physical strength up to the 5th rank as a warrior. In the dean's case, the phoenix was more suitable for mystics, so it wasn't strange even if it was an ancient demonic beast, that the dean could only reach the 3rd rank as a warrior.

"Now, as you all know the first round of the preliminaries will be a survival type of test and even if you are all teleported to an area while standing next to each other, it is highly unlikely that any of you will actually see one another. Our Griffin Academy is still on the lower tier of the Bitter Falls mystic academy rankings, so don't expect anyone you run into, to be slightly friendly."

"Use your opponent's assumptions to your advantage, and use the opportunity to move forward without the need of others openly targeting any of you. Still, the demonic beasts over the years have reached up to the 2nd rank, so if you aren't careful, you may leave your lives like countless others in the past within the testing area."

"It is a given, but if any of you have the ability to assist each other, you are to without hesitating. Only by working together even in a two person group, will potentially allow you all to survive and possibly even move to the second round of the preliminaries. And with that said, let's start heading towards the registration area on the outside of the coliseum." finishing his speech, the dean led the entire group of three teachers and seven students into the city.

As the group made their way towards the coliseum, quite a few citizens of Bitter Falls city spotted the group and felt fear. The reason was because the dean of Griffin Academy was known to be respected even in the military of the Sun Dynasty and was not an individual that another expert should take lightly.

Lance as well as the rest of the group understood that the dean would rarely leave the academy to walk around the city, so seeing others in awe of the dean was not something to be unexpected. If anything, the group felt pride for being able to follow closely by such a respectable figure, even if their academy as a whole was looked down upon by their competitors.

"Hoho! If it isn't little Timothy!" finally approaching the coliseum, there was a large crowd of teachers, clan elders, and children Lance's age lined up before three different tables that were there to sign up all of the competitors. One such elder spotted Lance's group and called their dean over to have a small discussion.

The dean's face sank as he saw this person, but brought the group over to the expert and his group. The children who were competing whether on Lance's side or this elder's side looked rather confused while the teachers beside the dean's faces changed slightly as well when they finally recognized this elder.

"I have gotten rather tired of taking your money over all these years, but if I did not ask if you would like to bet once more, I would not be able to sleep soundly tonight." the elder told the dean with a small smirk on his face. "So, are you willing to make possibly an even smaller bet compared to last year?"

"Sure, I am up to make a bet, but how about we do something different for once?" the dean replied as a small smirk of his own appeared on his face. It seemed rather strange to Lance, but it was as if the dean and the elder were not necessarily enemies, but betting buddies, and the one who always came up short was the dean!

3