Chapter 28
83 1 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Back in the VIP area of the coliseum was a massive room overlooking the entire arena. Within the area, were all of those who escorted their students earlier to the coliseum as well as many special guests including several experts scouting for merchant guilds and the Sun Dynasty's military.

It was fairly common for even powers in other empires around the world to send representatives to watch over these tournaments in order to snag good prospects, but presently within the coliseum, there were no powers located outside of the Sun Dynasty currently present. This confused many of the experts until this was cleared up by those who knew about this before arriving.

Due to the Sun Dynasty's royal family changing several of their laws and focus as far as the growth of the empire, it was difficult for any organization outside of the Sun Dynasty to recruit the younger generation of children who were competing against each other not just in the tournaments which Bitter Falls city held, but all of the other cities as well.

Since the Sun Dynasty had no real reason to constantly increase their power and the royal family wanted the empire's citizens to make their own decisions, many organizations outside of the empire used this as an opportunity to not just recruit the best experts available, but would also receive other small benefits from those who were either at war with or simply wanted to see the Sun Dynasty weaken.

Other empires around the globe chose to be extremely strict in this manner, and it has only been fairly recent since the Sun Dynasty felt the same way. And because of this change, there were many disagreements and many organizations wanted to remove themselves from the Sun Dynasty's lands, but every organization within the Sun Dynasty instantly saw a rise in overall potential and strength.

"Ah, if it isn't the Roaming Phoenix William!" an older looking expert who was dressed in the easily recognizable Sun Dynasty's Imperial Guard's cloak. The Imperial Guard of the Sun Dynasty was a military force of the royal family which was considered to be an extremely elite set of soldiers who chose to make an oath to the royal family to always act with the Sun Dynasty's future in mind.

It was incredibly difficult for anyone to be recruited into the Imperial Guard, and the fact that the dean of Griffin Academy was recognized by such an individual proved just how influential the William was within the borders of the Sun Dynasty. Not only that, but this expert referred to him as the Roaming Phoenix which was William's true nickname.

"Oh if it isn't my old friend!" William seeing this older gentleman made a smile appear on his face as he rushed over with the teachers of Griffin Academy following right behind him. As if he was seeing an old relative for the first time in years, William actually gave the expert a big hug.

"After I was relieved of my duties at the border, I learned about how you decided to lay low in a rather weak region of our Sun Dynasty and even built your own academy. Tell me, did you name your academy Griffin Academy instead of Phoenix Academy, because you didn't want to draw too much attention to yourself?" the expert asked William while also smiling.

"After assisting your group with clearing out that small area which the demonic beasts held for so long, it was very hard to roam around the Sun Dynasty without being noticed by other figures. I would never say that I regret the experience, but did you guys really need to award me a high honor and a house in the capital?" William replied as his smile turned into a strange facial expression.

"Oh come now, even though you are known to be a drifter, you would have needed to eventually settle down anyways, so why not in the capital?" the older expert replied before pulling out a small book. "But if you do not claim the home in the capital soon, I will be unable to hold it for long. Please make the right decision."

"Whatever." William replied like a spoiled child before taking the book and signing a page that had his name on it with a finger he cut to draw blood. "What are you doing here? There should be a bigger explanation other than simply traveling so far just to get a signature from me, Leonard?" William asked the man as their group sat down in a more private area of the room.

"I have chosen to retire from the Imperial Guard now that I have reached the needed contribution amount for the Sun Dynasty. However, who said I could not make my retirement interesting by taking on a student or two?" he replied to William with a small smirk on his face.

"You should know better than even the other members of my squadron that I am the strongest dual master within our empire, and so, taking on a mystic path student and a warrior path student would bring great future benefits if I am in charge of teaching them."

"If there is one thing that I have learned throughout my years of battling against many opponents and demonic beasts, is that it is usually the unexpected that happens. So here I am, in one of if not the weakest region in our Sun Dynasty to scout for one of my two future students." Leonardo told William and the other teachers of Griffin Academy. "I will not be playing favorites, so do not think I will automatically choose a student representing your academy this time."

4