(Side Story Short) Celestial Curves
100 0 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Not long after Underneath's first VR concert began, Shinichi mentally apologized to the coach who had tormented them by suddenly spraying them with water, assaulting them with noises, and throwing various items at them as 'training'.

When Danika appeared in front of him, floating just above the surface of the stage in her official celestial robes, he somehow managed to keep singing. Lin Hao popped into view behind her and mouthed, "You're welcome," before vanishing again.

Shinichi focused on Danika again, and felt a little jealous. Everyone who worked with her got to see her like this every day. Her curves were not hidden by her celestial robe, they were beautifully emphasised. She was free from gravity's heavy grasp, and her hair looked like it would take hours to arrange. Her workday outfit was somehow more alluring than the much more revealing outfit she had for her cute pixie form.

She spun slowly, taking in the crowd for a moment, and he thought that she really looked like a celestial goddess like this. He was a little shocked when he reached for her and his hand slid into her chest. It was faintly warm, but she turned back to face him easily, with no sign of discomfort.

He grinned at her as he realized what the next line of the song was, and stepped forward into her. The faint warmth where they overlapped loosened tensions that were probably imaginary in this virtual space. He didn't regret it when they separated again though, because he couldn't see her when they overlapped, and her embarrassed but happy expression made him want to laugh.

He glanced at the others, but none of them seemed to be aware of Danika, and he decided that she was only visible to him. She mouthed something at him without the exaggerated motions Lin Hao had used, and he realized that she was trying to talk to him. Even though he couldn't hear her words, he was familiar enough with her that he could read her lips to some extent.

She seemed to be protesting that he was the one being worshipped, but he didn't have time to respond. When they reached a break in the music he intended to tell her that he couldn't hear her, until he worked out that she had figured that out and was now silently telling him how hot he looked, while thinking that he couldn't understand.

He couldn't repress his grin as he decided not to let her know that he could still figure out most of what she was saying. It was just a shame that he couldn't make her visible to everyone as he sang about her.

10