Book II: Episode 93 – Destined Friendship 2 ‘Dogs picking a fight‘
701 8 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Patron of March 2020

✵ Bronze Membership✵

(Morgan B) (Armin Ts)

❆ Platinum Membership ❆

 (Janet) (Cakeboss) 

❖ Diamond Membership ❖

(Allison) (Reyna) (Tamara) (Meiileaudye)

Thank you so much for your support!  It really means a lot!


Episode 93 - Destined Friendship 2 ‘Dogs picking a fight‘

“Great musician?” Duke Marleigh frowned.

Ario smiled, noticing Duke Marleigh’s questioning look. “Yes. The commander of Zene’s knights. The Great Musician is one of his titles.” He answered.

“His musician title stems from the fact that he is the best musician of Zene. However, his fighting abilities are not to be underestimated. He is the strongest knight of Zene, and is also an archery master.” Ario’s face showed full respect as he further explained.

“The King mentioned you as the instructor. The commander of Zene taking charge of today’s training was not mentioned in the schedule. ” Duke Marleigh said blandly.

Only just now did he find out that Ario doesn’t have a speck of fighting spirit him in. He thought that Ario would be the instructor today because of the way the King of Zene articulated his words during yesterday’s briefing. He was suspicious as to how a small man like Ario can be an instructor, nevertheless, it didn’t matter who the instructor was.

With a surprised look, Ario exclaimed. “Oh! His majesty probably means instructor for music training!” He cutely blinked.

“Originally the commander of Zene was supposed to take charge, however, there was some important matter he had to attend to and was away for a bit. He has since arrived this morning, and will take over this week’s training.” Ario explained.

The five knight trainees jumped back in surprise. Forgoing their contempt, all of their faces are filled with happiness and respect in an instant. Two started whispering to each other and only stopped when the tallest of the group hushed them.

The two stopped and glanced at the Paladins, specifically Eugene and Euria. It was then that their look of disappointment came back, albeit less than before. Most probably because the twins were the shortest and youngest of the bunch.

“.......” Eugene raised her brows.

Although Eugene didn’t fully understand what their gazes mean, she figured that she would find out by the end of today.

“Looks like they are very excited!” Duke Rodrguez laughed at the five trainees who looked incredibly pleased.

Ario glanced at the five trainees behind him and smiled. “Yes, although the Great Musician is the commander of Zene’s Knight, he is, and will always be known for his kind heart. Everyone in Zene loves and looks up to him as a role model.”

‘... Are you secretly dissing the King of Zene?’ Eugene’s detective radar wanted to sprout.

“I am looking forward to meeting him.” Duke Rodriguez said.

‘I am curious about who everyone looks up to as well.’ Eugene secretly thought, tapping the corner of her side.

Ario suggested for the Paladins and the five trainees to get to know each other before their training starts. No one objected to this idea, which is why this glaring contest is currently undergoing before their eyes.

“......” The Paladins.

“.....” Zene’s trainees

The two groups were left alone without supervision. Who knows if a cat/dog fight will erupt.

‘Louis. You handle this.’ Eugene gave the gaming console back to Louis and secretly sent him a telepathic message.

“.....” Louis raised a brow at Eugene. What are you doing?

Whatever can silence be? Is there not a sound of wind rustling, or the sound of your steady heartbeat? Although the quietness grows deeper, the anticipation of a mini storm also grows deeper; this is not silence.

With a stomp, a youth with short hair and a deep cut on his right cheek stepped out.

‘Dog fight?’ Eugene widened her eyes in anticipation. To her disappointment, it was only a farce.

“Name is Arie. 16 years old.” He said arrogantly with a hint of laziness.

“These two here are my younger twin brothers. Aren, Argen. 15 years old.” He pointed to the two youth who did not look identical.

“Bald one is Aren. Long hair is Argen.”

The three brothers had jet black hair like Ario. Arie looked fierce and rowdy. Aren IS bald and looks like a monk. Last but not least, Aren is a pretty boy with long luscious hair. Most probably fits the King’s type.

“The one in the ponytail is my distant cousin… I guess?” Arie continued, with a hint of confusion in his voice.

‘I guess?’ The paladins put on a blank look.

‘How do you not know your cousin?’ Eugene blinked at the slightly average looking teen that had a smile of kindness.

“His name is Dea, 18 years old. The last one there with short hair and a random white streak is named Con. Childhood friend, 16 years old like me.” Arie finished nonchalantly, although no one asked.

Just by Arie’s speech, everyone could tell that he was the main protagonist of the group.

‘Tight knitted group of family and one friend.’ Eugene nodded in her head.

She was slightly surprised at first when Arie introduced Aren and Argen as twins. It was only a split second before she realized they were in Zene and not in Xenperia. Only in Xenperia, are twins the rarest of rare.

“Twins aren’t special here” Arie confirmed Eugene’s thoughts.

“They don’t get to become knights because they are twins.” He sneered.

Whatever can silence be? Is there not a sound of wind rustling, or the sound of your raging heartbeat? Although the quietness grows deeper, the mini storm is here; this is not silence, this is a dog picking fights with lions.

2 minutes passed by as tension grew deeper.

‘It’s true.’ Eugene acknowledged. She and Euria became Paladins without doing anything. It was also because they are twins that no one protested of them having this title. They are special in Xenperia even though they are born female. Though to outsiders, it would be bewildering and perplexing.

Surprisingly, Euria was the one who broke the silence.

‘I guess you aren’t loved by everyone then...’ She softly whispered although it was audible to everyone because of the ‘silent’ atmosphere.

Arie stared at the small child with red eyes digging out sand with her boots. Contrary to her refutes, she was acting real cute and child-like.

‘-Cough-’ Arie brought his fist to his mouth. Seeing the child acting all coy, he couldn’t muster his strength to get mad.

Louis’s lips tugged at Euria’s words before turning to the five trainees to introduce everyone.

“My name is Louis. 10 years old.” Louis’s deep voice made three of the five trainees jolt. Contrary to his age, he was as tall as Arie.

"These 4 are my siblings. Ramon 6, red-eyes red-hair. Aernest 3, red-eyes red curly hair. Eugeneia 3, grey-eyes  grey-hair, and Euria 3, red-eyes grey hair."

“Ron 7, a childhood friend. Aedelak 10, dark brown hair, Aeselak 9, light brown hair” He finished.

Arie nodded.

Before Arie could speak, Louis continued. “Twins aren’t special. You are right.”

Whatever can silence be? Is there not a sound of wind rustling, or the sound of someone close to you betraying you? Although the quietness grows deeper, a big storm is here; this is not silence, this is BETRAYAL!!

‘Hello? Give context or something? Why did you stop there?’ Eugene frowned. ‘Look! Even the ‘dogs’ are staring at us in shock!’

It was Ron who further elaborated instead of Louis. “The twins… Well, as you said, they aren't special. However, in my country, they are special! They are the only twin, and the first twin born to Xenperia which is why everyone adores them a lot. Also why our Emperor granted them high statues.” Ron smiled.

‘I should really treat you better…’ Eugene nodded at Ron’s words in approval.

“Right,” Louis added.

“.....” (Eugene) Don’t take credit for work that is not yours!

“.... OHHHHHH!!!” Aren, and Argen gasped in surprise.

All of a sudden, the twins pulled their brother, Arie, aside and began a deep sibling conversation.

Dea, the oldest with his hair tied back only shrugged whilst Con blinked.

“...... Aren’t you too mean to them, brother?” Aren, the bald twin slapped the back of Arie. His bald head showed wrinkles and skin fat.

“You know how hard it is to be twins or be born as a twin, so why are you so mean” Argen, the pretty twin said, whilst fanning his pale face with his pretty hands.

But!” Arie protested, his face full of lines.

Unbeknownst to the three brothers, everyone present could hear their ‘deep’ conversation.

“No buts! Look! They are kind enough to explain the twin situation! They are the first-ever born twins of Xenperia! You can’t be mean to them anymore!” Argen, the pretty boy said sternly.

“... Alright…” Arie sighed with defeated shoulders.

“Look at how cute the twins are! I was so surprised by how doll-like they look! No more being mean, okay?!” Aren, the bald twin said.

“Okay...”

“Apologize! You too brother Dea! Although you didn’t do anything, not doing anything is as bad as doing something! Brother Con! … Brother Con should apologize for having a rude face! Now everyone, apologize!!” Argen shouted as though the Paladins couldn't hear their entire conversation.

Louis, Ramon, Ron, Aernest, Euria, Eugene, Aedelak, and Aeselak looked at the five comical characters shouting at each other in awkwardness. The paladin's eyes shook, not understanding the current situation. Whatever happened to their upcoming cat/dog fight? What’s up with these five characters? Natural born comedians?

Eugene and the paladins watched as the five trainees decided on something and in unison, gave the eight of them a deep bow of apology.

“Our deepest apologies!” The 5 shouted in unison.

“.......” The eight Paladins froze.

Arie scratched his head in awkwardness as he glanced towards the frozen paladins. Prior to the explanation, he presumed and concluded too quickly. Thinking about it, twins are difficult to conceive. It’s no wonder that they are held in high regard in Xenperia, even if they are Xenperia’s firstborn twin. In fact, it’s good that Xenperia treated the twins well!

Looking at Euria who was staring at him with her big bright red eyes, Arie’s heart softened by 10000%. Squatting down to her eye level he asked gently “Little child, this brother is sorry, will you forgive me?”

“.....” (Paladins)

‘... Your eyes are sprouting hearts!’ Eugene watched Arie.

Euria took one step backward, thought about Arie’s words for a moment before nodding. “Hmm!” She gave him her happy smile~

Her smile dazzled the living God out of Arie and made him go MIA for a full 60 seconds. As if a goddess descended from heaven! What is this cuteness?!?!?!

Arie abruptly stood up and immediately stepped in front of Louis.

“.......” Louis blinked at Arie’s love eyes and his extended hand. With no choice, Louis shook his hand.

And just like that, a very deep friendship between Zene’s trainees and Xenperia’s Paladins formed. A destined friendship that will last until their last breaths.

It took them five minutes of recovery time before they each formed talking groups. Aren and Argen conversed with Aeselak, Aedelak, and Ramon. Louis conversing privately with Dea. And Arie, finding his counterpart and forming a friendship bond with Ron.

Aernest, Eugene, and Euria were left with Con who spoke zero words. His personality reminded them of Duke Marleigh, who only talks when it's necessary.

‘No, wait. He hasn’t spoken a single word since the beginning of this episode!’ Eugene blinked.

Staring at Con in deep wonders, he too, casually looked at her. The two mutually nodded to each other and went back to their world of silence.

Aren, Argen, Aeselak, Aedelak, and Ramon deeply bonded over the topic of Euria and Eugene.

“They can send telepathy to each other!” Aeselak exclaimed!

“Yes! We do that a lot too!” Aren and Argen agreed!

“Sometimes Miss Eugeneia looks at Euria in disgust...” said Aeselak sadly.

“Yes! Sometimes being around each other is too disgusting!” Aren and Argen nodded!

Louis and Dea talked about Zene.

“The capital of Zene is rich! Beyond the capital are only middle-class people to poor people.” Dea explained.

Louis nodded.

“The area here is abandoned because the Knights training base was moved here.” Dea continued.

Louis nodded and said. “I see.”

Ron and Arie talked about their ‘adventures’.

“I love escaping home and wandering into the forest! I once found a bar of gold with a bat carving! It was so pretty I took it home.” Ron Graeme then gave Arie a deep history of his adventures.

“Wow! I also love exploring forests! I once found a huge stash of money and brought it home! Not because it was pretty or anything, but because I needed to feed my brothers!” Arie then told Ron of his adventures.

The two ‘friends’ soon became brothers over the fact that their luck always gravitates towards finding money and valuables!

______

The hostility and contempt between the two groups completely dissolved before the training began. It wasn’t long until Duke Marleigh, Duke Rodriguez, Ario, and an unknown man strode towards the 13 children.

The extra man wore a white dress, just like Ario. Yet, unlike Ario, he wore white pants underneath his dress. His long hair was tied up in a ponytail that reached his waist. This man is … incredibly beautiful. Comparable to Levis’s devilish charms. He is bewitchingly beautiful, yet full of male hormones.

His eyes curved like a crescent moon along with his thin matte lips. Besides his waist lay a small kalimba.

“This is the Great Musician and the Commander of Zene knights, Kal. Taking on Zene’s royal family name, Zeen. He is Commander Kal Zeen.” Ario gestured to the beautiful man.

“Hello, children.” A bass voice spoke out.

“Please call me teacher or Kal. It is a pleasure to meet you youths of the future.” He smiled.

Eugene blinked at Kal before looking away. ‘Management, another set of contracts please!’

She was seriously considering opening up an entertainment agency! She reckoned she would be a billionaire in an instant if she were to bring everyone to her former world.

‘Ah…’ Eugene sighed.

“I’ve heard a lot about you five from Ario.” Kal smiled at the five trainees.

The four trainees were stunned silent.

“... It’s our greatest honor sir!” Dea blushed, as he took on a straight pose.

Eugene raised her brows at Arie. ‘What’s this? You’re only a leader when you dislike someone, but back down when you love someone?’

“You are the Paladins of Xenerpia… Hmm, you all possess potential albeit young.” Kal smiled at Louis, Ramon, Ron, Aeselak, and Aedelak.

His eyes glanced lower before his eyes widen in surprise. “You…” Kal said speechlessly as he stared at Eugene, Euria, and Aernest.

“Aren’t you adorable!” He broke out in laughter!

“......” (Eugene)

“... Hehehe” Euria and Aernest shyly laughed. Of course.

“Do you like training?” He squatted in front of Euria.

“Yes and no!” Euria replied.

“Oh, why?” He curiously inquired.

“If I don’t train every day, I will be fat! I won’t be able to move, and I will be a ball!” Euria replied honestly.

“.... Hahahahaa! You are very cute!” Kal laughed. He stood up and continued.

“Don’t overdo it! If you lose too much weight, you won’t be cute anymore.”

“0.0” Euria and Aernest stared at Kal in shock!


Book I Table of Contents

(February - September 2020) 

Book II Table of Contents

(September 2020 - First half of 2021 

Table of Contents for MCiuitW! Advanced Chapters

18