Book II: Episode 95 – Destined Friendship 4 ‘Tough incoming Archery Assessment.‘
691 2 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Patron of March 2020

✵ Bronze Membership✵

(Morgan B) (Armin Ts) (Nia 731)

❆ Platinum Membership ❆

 (Janet) (Cakeboss) 

❖ Diamond Membership ❖

(Allison) (Reyna) (Tamara) (Meiileaudye)

Thank you so much for your support!  It really means a lot!


Episode 95 - Destined Friendship 4 ‘Tough incoming Archery Assessment.‘

“... Professionally made bow and arrows?” Eugene mumbled. Me too?

Everyone looked at Commander Kal in surprise. Especially the five knight trainees.

“It’s a gift from His Highness, King of Zene.” Kal smiled at the children in shock.

“We… We can take it home?” Ramon whispered to Louis who was examining his handcrafted bow.

“Yes. You will bring it home.” Kal answered in Louis’s stead. Even though Ramon whispered really quietly, he was still the commander of Zene’s knights. Things like whispering, especially in his vicinity, will still be audible to a certain extent.

Of course, not to Aernest’s extent.

Aeselak looked at Aedelak in excitement! A bow!

“Oohhh!” Arie also looked at his twin brothers in excitement!

How can his not-really-evenly-curved-bow be compared to a bow professionally made? And from what Commander Kal said, the bow and arrow they will receive will be made from a famous archery master! From that sentence alone, there is only one shop he can think of!

“These are yours, Miss Eugeneia, Miss Euria, and Young Aernest.” Kal handed the three bows and arrows he already prepared.

“Thank you, Sir/Commander.” The three expressed their thanks.

The bows they got were beautifully carved, unlike the ones the noobs made. It was light brown colored, and a few centimeters smaller than the other bows. The bow was perfectly arched, thin, and light! It was suitable for children’s use!

‘Pretty…’ Eugene quietly thought as she felt around. There was a feeling of proudness, even though she did practically nothing to help create this piece. ‘Oh?’ Eugene’s fingers paused at the end of the bow.

E-U-G-E-N-E-N-I-A. She traced around every letter.

“My name is here.” She whispered, loud enough for everyone to hear.

Aernest looked at the lower hold of his bow and exclaimed! “My name is here too!”

Euria did the same and discovered her name! “Me too! Me too!” She jumped around, inciting jealousy from the others whose bows were made by themselves.

It was Louis who dissipated their excitement. “You’re proud that your bows are taller than you?” He raised his perfectly shaped brows.

“.......” Aernest, Eugene, Euria blinked.

Eugene stared at Louis in silence. ‘You don’t think I dare not grow taller than you?’ Eugene thought in her head. Right this second, she had another goal for her future and that is to… be taller than Louis.

‘I know all the techniques, and stretches I can do to be taller than you, you party pooper.’ Eugene borrowed Euria’s ‘party pooper’ complaints to her, as she stared silently at Louis.

“Hahaha! Well then, why don’t we head on to training session number two?” Kal stood in between the 3 vs 1 Veria siblings.

“Training session two requires you to shoot with the bows you crafted! However, don’t think this training will be easy to pass!” Kal warned his thirteen students.

“Remember, these bows are different from bows professionally made. The excess moisture in your bow and arrow will deter your accuracy, which is something you must overcome with this training. And if you manage to overcome this obstacle, your archery skills will tremendously improve.”

Eugene’s lips tightened. She was slightly guilty for thinking today’s training will be as easy as breathing. Naturally, everyone too thought the same. Though, they now took back their statements following Kal’s warning.

Kal, Louis, Ramon, Ron, Aernest, Eugene, Euria, Aedelak, Aeselak, Arie, Argen, Aren, Dea, and Con walked back to the training field where Duke Marleigh, Duke Rodriguez, and Ario still stood at the same spot. They most likely didn’t move a single step out of the shade.

The difference between an hour ago and now, is that on the training field stands a mid-sized archery target.

The target consists of 10 concentric circles, which helps measure the archer’s shooting accuracy. On the center of the target is the bullseyes- though, smaller than your average bullseye. This is a 10 pointer area, with 1 point being on the outer circle. Anything outside the last circle is a hit, which is also known as a miss.

The children stood before the target along with Kal who continued explaining.

“You may practice for as long as needed before taking the archery assessment. To pass this assessment, you must shoot 7/10 arrows to the X point. In other words, you must shoot the bullseye.” He reminded everyone.

“Yes sir!” Everyone nodded.

“I’m not done.” He chucked in a scary voice, making everyone slightly uneasy.

‘What now?’ Eugene frowned. ‘The bullseye is already smaller than your average! There are more conditions?’ She bit her inner lips.

“You must shoot from 50 meters away.” Kal’s voice echoed, resounding throughout the vast field.

“......”

All their reasons to give up came flooding in as if their body had a shutdown system of its own. Panic and tension began to creep up or fade from their body depending on their next thoughts.

Everyone had different worries. Some worried about their unstable bow and arrows, and some worried about the distance from the target.

Kal chuckled at the children’s darkened face.  “Breathe.” He said, seeing that the children were holding in their breaths.

Eugene slowly breathed out to calm her state of mind. ‘Why feel this way? It’s only training!’ Eugene blinked her eyes to calm her fast heartbeat.

Everyone slowly came back to mother earth a few seconds later.

Kal continued after the children’s condition lightened a bit.

“Everyone must pass, for you to forgo extra training. If you don’t pass, let’s see… what shall we do after your extra training?” Kal lamented as he tapped his lips.

“Hmm... How about this! You must swim at the Royal Palace’s lake under His highness, Majesty’s watch!” He cheerfully announced.

“!!” Everyone’s heart leaped a mile.

‘You devil!’ Eugene wanted to glare at Kal! Like King, like follower!

Ramon, Aernest, Aedelak, and Aeselak glanced worriedly at Euria after overcoming their shock.

However, thankfully,  her reaction is still fine.

“Haa…” They all sighed in relief.

“His Highness, Majesty, briefly mentioned wanting to see children swimming around in the lake when I went to the palace today, though I don’t know why.” Kal lightly chucked.

‘.... If you don’t know why then don’t suggest it!’ Eugene blinked rapidly. The King most probably wants to avenge his lovers after yesterday’s humiliation!

“Pass so that, that doesn’t happen!” Kal added!

Everyone nodded fiercely! The paladin’s side did not want to enter the royal palace again after yesterday’s incident. And Zene’s trainees did not want to swim under the King’s watchful eyes! - Why? Because It was humiliating for everyone!

Feeling all sorts of the adrenaline rush, the children quickly switched their gears and started regaining their focus for today’s training. Louis, Ramon, Ron, Aernest, Eugene, Euria, Aedelak, Aeselak, Arie, Argen, Aren, Dea, and Con nodded at each other in awareness of each other’s thoughts.

They must overcome this training at all costs!

“Good!” Kal too nodded at the children’s determination!

Stepping forward, he motioned for the children to stand in a straight line.

In a loud commanding voice, he ordered.“Shoot from oldest to youngest. After one round, I will guide and advise you on how to perfect your shooting!”

Dea (18), Arie, Con (16), Aren, Argen (15), Louis, Aedelak (10), Aeselak (9), Ron (7), and Ramon (6) quickly stood in a straight line.

And now, this is where the confusion arose between the three youngest members of the group who are also known as the ‘fake’ triplets.

The three youngest Veria siblings stared at each other in bewilderment.

‘..... Should I go first?’ Eugene telepathy to Aernest and Euria.

‘You’re older, you should go first, Elder Sister!’ Euria nodded in acknowledgment.

‘...... Sure.’ Aernest soon nodded. He was, after all, ‘younger’ than Eugene.

And so, the mini confusion was soon resolved. Eugene stood behind Ramon, followed by Aernest and then Euria.

Everyone looked at the three in confusion except the Paladins who only shrugged at the arrangement. This is an insider’s-only-information after all!

“Let’s begin!” Kal commanded from beside Dea.

“Shoot whenever you’re ready.” He patted Dea’s back.

“Yes sir!”

Dea, comfortably steadied himself with his back straight as he aimed at the target.

WHOOSH!

His arrow flew and hit the target as if it’s the most natural course of nature.

‘.... that fast?’ Eugene glanced at the tower of people in front of her. All she could see was the back of Ramon and the head of Ron!

“Bullseye! Good job!” Kal shouted out!

Dea replied his thanks before moving to the side.

‘He shot it that easily?’ Eugene heard Kal’s shout and quickly tried to look in front! And here I thought that everyone would have problems with shooting from 50 meters away with a bad bow!

Arie was next and hit a 7 pointer. Con soon followed and hit a 9 pointer.

“Your shooting is fine. You just need to get used to your bow.” Kal briefly advised.

‘Not easy…’ Eugene retracted her earlier statement.

Aren, the bald twin went next and hit a 3 pointer. Whilst, Argen, the pretty twin completely missed.

“Your bows are fine. You need to get used to the 50-meter distance.” Kal advised the two.

Louis was next. Unlike the three teens who went earlier, he began by lining his feet with the target before shooting.

This is where archery in Xenperia and Zene differs. In Xenperia, the archer’s feet are pointed towards the target. And in Zene, the archer’s feet are positioned in an open stance.

“Bullseye! Good job!” Kal nodded, acknowledging Louis’s talents.

Aedelak and Aeselak went after Louis.

Immediately, their postures brought a surprise to the people watching them from the side. Aedelak and Aeselak began by pointing the bow and arrow downwards, towards the floor, before bringing it back up to shoot.

Aedelak hit a bullseye, whilst Aeselak hit a 7 pointer.

“Good job” Kal nodded! He was slightly surprised about their postures at first as it was his first time seeing anyone pointing their bows down before shooting, nevertheless, whatever works for them is good!

“...... Wow.” Arie, Aren, and Argen stared at Aedelak and Aeselak walking towards them in shock! Who they thought would be the weak-link turned out to be them instead!!

Ron and Ramon went after the two sisters and hit a 7 pointer like Aeselak and Arie.

Now, the moment everyone has been waiting for!

‘The real weak links!’ Zene’s trainees blinked at the youngest three.

‘The hit or miss trio!” Xenperia’s side blinked at the last three.

“Have they ever used a bow and arrow before?” Dea couldn’t help but ask Louis who was beside him.

“Yes, since the twins turned three,” Louis replied, plainly.

“Oh..” Dea nodded.

“Are they good?” Argen, the pretty twin asked.

“Yes!” - “Depends on their mood.” Aedelak, Aeselak, and Louis replied in unison.

Yes, belonged to Aedelak and Aedelak, and the latter commentary belonged to Louis, of course.

“......” Louis, Aedelak, and Aeselak stared at each other blankly, and in shock.

“......” Arie, Aren, Argen stared at the three. ‘So it’s a no’ The three thought in unison.

“.....” Eugene wanted to roll her eyes at all the mixed stares she’s currently receiving.

Because she was ‘older’ than Aernest, she was naturally next after Ramon. Carrying her bow in one hand, and arrow in the other, she stood behind the white dash line. Unlike everyone else, she was … small. She was, not-at-all, at eye level with the target, and must shoot from down below.

And in all honesty,

‘Is easier than shooting at eye level!’ Her lips slightly tugged at her advantage. Well, she had two advantages. Her other advantage was that she is using a bow crafted by Kal who is an archery master!

At first, Eugene was slightly worried about the distance, but because she was now standing behind the white line, her worries dissipated as if it was never there! Why? Because she now acquired speed and power when shooting from below!

‘Let’s go!’ She slightly smirked, to Kal’s surprise.

“.....”

She lined her body with the target just like Louis and brought her bow and arrow down like Aedelak and Aeselak. However, unlike the 3, she pulled the string back with 3 fingers instead of the usual two fingers. This adds speed to the arrow by adding in more power.

After adjusting her arrow, and breathing in, she pulled her buttocks in, making her pelvis and protruding tummy stand out.

Like an actress on set, her back curved in a perfect arch for fans to admire from t.v.

With her elbows parallel to the ground, she pulled her string and arrow back and shot!

WHOOSH!

Her hands followed through and stayed mid-air behind her ears before her arrow hit the target.

THUMP!

“....ah.” Aren and Argen unconsciously gaped. Before her different posture, she was beautiful.

Everyone stared at Eugene in shock and silence. Ignoring her protruding cute baby tummy, her baby structure now resembled those of an adult. It was as if Eugene turned into an adult! Some had to rub their eyes in shock of seeing an adult figure instead of the baby figure in front of them!

“What did you hit? What did you hit?” Euria’s excited voice shouted from behind, bringing back the stunned people to mother earth.

“Bullseye!” Kal reported her score in shock!

“Bulls… eye?” Arie speechlessly mumbled. What happened to the weakest link?!

Aren, Argen, and Dea gasped in surprise. Con only quietly looked at Eugene before nodding in acknowledgment of her talents.

Kal, too, looked at Eugene before turning his gaze to Duke Marleigh, Duke Rodriguez, and Ario who stood from afar.

Seeing that only Ario looked shocked, Kal’s eyes widened unconsciously. ‘They expected her to hit the bullseye?’ He blinked back his surprised emotion and turned back to Eugene who finished mumbling to Aernest and Euria.

“Good job! Good job!” Kal complimented Eugene.

“Thank you.” She answered before moving to the side to stand with Aedelak and Aeselak.

A few moments later…

WHOOSH!

HIT!

WHOOSH!

HIT!

Two arrows flew one after the other towards the target with great power and speed! It was no less shocking than the older child who went before the two!

“......” Zene’s side.

“....” Xenperia’s side too.

“Bullseye…” Dea muttered for Kal who was shocked speechless.

“... Euria?” Louis blinked at the baby jumping around cheerily. His usual composure was replaced with a blank look.

“... Ah?” Ramon’s eyebrows scrunched. ‘Aernest and Euria as well?!?’ All his siblings but him alone hit the bullseye!

“How… How?!?!” Arie ran to Eugene, Euria, and Aernest in shock!

“Oh…” Aernest scratched his head at the sudden attention. Most probably because of gun training?

“... The bow is good,” Eugene replied shortly.

“.....” Arie blinked.

“... Right?” Eugene eyed Aernest and Euria.

“YES!!!” Euria and Aernest nodded rapidly!

“So, so tell me! Why do you five lower your bows and arrows? Does that improve accuracy as well?” Aren, the bald twin asked.

To everyone’s expectation and horror, Eugene only curtly reply with,

“It’s heavy.”

“....” Their lips twitched at the realization. 4 of them are girls, and Aernest is a small child. Of course, this is the reason.

“Miss is so young yet shoots so beautifully! Does Miss always shoot like that?” Argen, the pretty twin, asked.

“Yes! Eldest Young Miss always shoots like that!” Aedelak replied excitedly.

“.......” Eugene blinked. ‘It’s only a habit..’ Eugene quietly thought.

To shoot beautifully is what is more important than shooting at the target. Why? Because she is/was an actress! Unconsciously, arching her back became a habit.

“Sisters… how can you beat me in shooting?” Ramon wanted to pull off all his hair from humiliation! Only him! Only he was excluded from the group!

“......”

“They also beat me.” Ron Graeme looked at the sky in despair.

“Hahaha! Even with a good bow, you must be good at archery to be able to shoot at the target from 50 meters away! In other words, they are talented!” Dea patted Arie’s back.

Soon, Kal snapped out and walked towards the group.

“Now, don’t be too discouraged!” He patted Arie, Aren, and Argen’s back.

“You are also talented! The only thing you need is to practice with your bow!” Kal encouraged everyone.

“Yes sir.” Con, Arie, Aren, Argen, Aeselak, Ron, and Ramon replied.

And just like those who hit the bullseye, Eugene, Euria, Aernest, Louis, Dea, and Aedelak, are excluded from archery practice. They watched as Kal pulled the others into a mini-meeting and stayed with them to help follow through with their archery practice.

 


Author’s Note: How exciting was that?!? I love it when Eugene goes commander during her training! Euria unexpectedly is a dark hose and hidden gem huh?! I’m telling you, the Veria siblings are geniuses!

P.S- For some reason, although this episode was incredibly easy to edit. It still took me 5 hours to edit. From 19:00 - 12:30… Wait... I still have to double-check with Grammarly oops! 6 hours of editing?!?!!


Book I Table of Contents

(February - September 2020) 

Book II Table of Contents

(September 2020 - First half of 2021 

Table of Contents for MCiuitW! Advanced Chapters

18