Book II: Episode 103 – Brewing Storm 3 ‘A gift!‘
609 2 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Patron of April 2020

✵ Bronze Membership✵

(Morgan B) (Armin Ts) 

❆ Platinum Membership ❆

 (Janet) (Thronedplatypus) 

❖ Diamond Membership ❖

(Allison) (Cakeboss) (Tamara) (Jen C.)

Thank you for your support!


Episode 103 - Brewing Storm 3 ‘A gift!‘

Last Chapter: Dea's cliche romance encounter with Claudia. The children test out their customized bow and arrows. Eugene's arrow shot through to the target. Euria 'still in her eldest sister' act, shot through to the target as well! Mehehe!

.

.

The Paladins of Xenperia and Trainees of Zene arrived at a buzzing cafe filled with enthusiastic people. This is a place where musicians from all around Zene and people from other countries gather to compete against one another. In the music department of course…

In addition to listening to various musicians, the drinks and food they served are top tiers, hence making this the hotspot cafe of Zene.

Dea, the refined teen with polite manners unexpectedly had one weakness. And that was… sweets. Anything sugary, he loves. For him, this place was heaven due to their popular sweet drink; Milkshakes with chocolate biscuit toppings.

Eugene stared at Dea’s eager face in bewilderment. Just earlier on, he was the main character of a cliche romance novel, and now, he’s still the main character of that same novel; male lead having an unexpected hidden charm, which is his love for sweets?

She shook her head in silence. ‘I should have known when he said that the drinks are popular with teenagers!’ She sighed. Turning her head, she came across the sparkly eyes of Euria.

“.......” Dea’s devil description of the best milkshake-ever is sucking Euria in?!?

She turned around towards the others and her eyes slightly widened. ‘Them too?!’ Everyone except Louis has anticipation in their eyes. As if what Dea’s is currently raging about will be the best food they will ever try!

Eugene turned her attention away again, this time to the stage where musicians were performing on stage; she sighed.

A few moments later….

‘This... THIS IS WHAT GOOD DRINK MEANS?!’ Eugene puffed her cheeks! ‘IT WAS WAY TOO SWEET!’ She reluctantly gulped what was in her mouth before her eyes caught Dea, Arie, Aren, and Argen depleting their just served milkshake.

“.....” Any training, she will do. Any training, she will eventually overcome. However this hurdle?

She glanced at the milkshake in front of her that seemed to be a 60-floor building. ‘Impossible..’ She shook her head, her eyes displaying one of crushing defeat. ‘I… I can’t!’

Unconsciously, she muttered, “Jes..” Jesus save me… She silently prayed for the 3rd time in her life.

Aernest tilted his head and stared at Eugene’s everlasting funny expressions. Hearing the name Jes, he couldn’t help but frown and ask. “Who’s Jes?” He raised his brows.

“Ah?” Eugene glanced at the curly-haired child sitting opposite of her.

The others too were listening in to her and Aernest’s conversation.

Aernest frowned. “You say Jes, pretty frequently.” He said. Every time this sister of his encounters difficult, awkward, or frustrating situations, the first name she says, who she must rely on, is Jes! JES! JES!

“Is.. that so.” Eugene blinked. Whatever happened to praying 3 times in her lifetime?

“Yes,” Aernest replied curtly and sipped on his milkshake before pushing it far away from him.

‘He’s god…. Jesus Christ. How do I explain this godly being from mother earth that exists in the galaxy of Milkyway?!’ Eugene sucked in her inner lips and heavily debated on how to go on about this topic.

‘I can’t explain it!’ Eugene glanced at Dea who was looking her way. “Are there any bookstores around here?” She asks, directing the conversation elsewhere. Aernest only frowned but didn’t ask her any further. Pushing his sister too much will result in … death.

“Huh? Oh! There are!” Dea replied instantly. “However our books is different from books in Xenperia…” He said, in a low voice.

Eugene nodded for him to further explain.

“Well… In Zene, we use textured paper. This is an affordable material that allows people of various classes to be able to afford it. And instead of a wood cover, we use hardened stone as book covers, therefore the books here are weighty.” He replied.

Eugene’s brows rose. “Oh?” She turned towards Louis who stared blankly at her.

Louis wanted to roll his eyes but held it in. “Is it close by?” He asked Dea.

Towards this sister of his who barely shows any expressions on her face, it was just once in a while that her eyes will get sparkly. And that was when training was involved, or when books were involved.

Arie replied to Dea. “Yes, it is! There is one that is 5 minutes walking distance from your lodge!”

“Hm.” Louis nodded. He was just about to turn away when a hot gaze was still consistently staring at him. ‘Now’, it seemed to say.

“Haa..” He sighed lightly. What was he going to do with this twit sister of his?

Louis grabbed the paper bag he was carrying around since leaving Arch’s Archery store and handed it to Dea.

Dea’s eyes slightly widened before accepting the bag and peeking inside. Immediately, his eyes widened, and wanted to hand the bag back to Louis. “You didn’t have to!” He said, his voice slightly panicking.

“....” Louis blinked and stared at Dea in a look that showed that he wasn’t going to take it back.

Dea lightly sighed, before grabbing the items in the bag and distributing them to Arie, Aren, Argen, and Con.

“Huh?” Arie widened his eyes as he picked up a finger protector Dea threw his way. ‘Isn’t this from Arch’s Archery store? Why is there one in front of him?’

“Is... Is this a gift?” Argen glanced at Louis in a bewilderment look.

“Yes.” He curtly replied.

“You got thirteen?” Aren’s eyes wanted to pop out! This wasn’t just any finger protectors! This was from Arch’s Archery store! Expensive can’t even describe how precious this is!

Louis nodded.

“When? I only saw that you got 8?” Aren rapidly blinked.

Louis shrugged.

“You didn’t have to…” Con, the ever so silent teen muttered. “But.. thank you.” He quietly said.

“....” Louis nodded but glanced at Eugene, the culprit.

Before he could pay for the things ‘Eugene’ bought from Arch’s Archery store, she suddenly asked Claudia to add 5 more finger protectors. Although he didn’t say anything, Eugene’s eyes conveyed that it was a must. And since it was a must, according to her logic, he simply paid for it.

Truth to be told, he doesn’t fully understand her. She was an oddball, even more so than Euria. She was always unexpected like this. She was cold, but she wasn’t severely cold. This was a personality trait he’s seen Eugene has since she was a child. Any kindness she receives, she pays it back. Any wrong she gets, mostly from him, she will pay it back sweetly. Although this trait could be seen as sweet and strong, it was nevertheless a trait that makes one uncomfortable. As if she didn’t want to cross the line between her and other people. As if she was saying, you stay in your lane, and I stay in mine. Don’t build a relationship with me, we must remain neutral.

Little did Louis know, what he said was half correct and half off. She reciprocated kindness because of her occupational habit. As an actress, one must take care of your staff and the people around you well. You can do this by providing staff with good food, little gifts, and coffee trucks. This will motivate them to work harder. And the harder they work, the easier it is to complete her shoot of the day. Showing your appreciation was something every senior entertainer does, and carries, as a habit.

Eugene blinked at the sudden atmosphere. ‘Why does it look as if Arie and the others just received a big bar of gold? Why do they look burdened?’ She blinked again before comforting them.

“It was free.” She blatantly lied.

“Huh? What? It was free?” Aren immediately turned towards her direction. He picked his finger protector up with a face that showed disbelief. ‘This?’ He pointed.

“Buy 8 get 5 free.” She replied nonchalantly. Naturally, this sentence itself was unbelievable. Arch’s Archery store giving out 5 pairs of finger gloves is simply impossible! Yet her face looked incredibly convincing. As if it was free!

“Oh... Well, thank you then!” Dea laughed, completely believing Eugene’s words! He picked up his finger protector to try.

“This fits just right!” Argen tried to clench and unclench his hands. “It’s comfortable!” He smiled!

Aren rubbed his finger protector against his cheeks and said. “I can’t believe this is free! How are we so lucky? From the price alone, we can’t even afford ¼ of this!”

“Wh-” Why? Euria was about to mutter, just for Eugene to cover her mouth.

Scooting closer to Euria, Eugene whispered. “Sensitive topic. Don’t say anything,” she said, before sitting back up.

Dea saw Euria and Eugene’s interaction and slightly laugh. Despite Eugene’s age, she was incredibly considerate. She even understood why they wouldn’t be able to afford a quarter of this glove.

Arie too saw this and outright said. “We are poor. Buying this would've been impossible!” He smiled at Euria.

“However, just because we don’t have money, doesn’t mean we want you to pity us. I’m telling you this because everyone here is incredibly kind. You are good people!” Arie scratched his head and laughed.

Euria stared at Arie and nodded.

Dea too nodded and added. “That’s why we are working really hard to become knights. We want to help people like us and eradicate hunger. Although it is a pity that most of our family is gone, we want to do what we can to prevent people passing away due to hunger; people passing away because they can’t afford to pay for doctors.” He said, sadly. The only families they’ve got are themselves and their dying grandmother. The one person they need to protect.

“Right. We have to work hard.” Con said in a quiet voice full of conviction.

Everyone was quiet and listened to them.

“Everyone is gone?” Euria said in a quiet voice.

Arie shrugged. “Only our grandmother is left. She is currently healing and struggling to get better.” He replied.

“To not stimulate her too much, we can’t even visit her…” Argen muttered quietly.

Aren elbowed Argen. “It’s better than nothing! Thank goodness for Sir Ario picking us up. Without him, the grandmother wouldn’t be able to be hospitalized!”

‘Sir Ario?’ Eugene thought. His act of kindness isn’t even surprising anymore...

“She must be sick for you not to be able to visit her.” Ron sighed for Arie, his new best friend.

“Yes..” Arie sighed. “She’s very sick. The last time I saw her was four years ago.” He replied.

Eugene glanced down at her full milkshake. ‘But how can sickness be so grave that one cannot visit their relative? A virus they have no cure for?’ Eugene frowned. The extent of medical achievements and knowledge in this world was something she does not know of. She knew nothing about medicine, except for the first aid help she had to learn to get her driving license.

“The country is getting better with Sir Ario’s help! After his music academy establishment, life got better!” Arie said with a relieving smile on his face.

“It got better… Just that..” Dea sighed.


Author’s Note: Slightly shorter chapter!


Book I Table of Contents

(February - September 2020) 

Book II Table of Contents

(September 2020 - First half of 2021 

Table of Contents for MCiuitW! Advanced Chapters

17