Episode 2 – The origin of another beginning 2
3.9k 10 74
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Episode 2 – The origin of another beginning 2

“Midwife! She isn’t crying!”

“What!?”

She was about to glance over when the door to the room was suddenly open. The head doctor seemed to have arrived!.

The head doctor was on a 2 day break, and was relaxing in the countryside but had to rush back to the estate within 2 hours because an accident had happened! The Duchess was in labor! It took a total of 4 hours to get the Doctor here. 2 Hours to go to the countryside, and 2 hours to reach the estate.

The Head doctor rushed in with her changed clothes,and hurried over to The Duchess first. She did not bother greeting The Duke or The Duchess, and proceeded with her duties.

“I had to administer the madam an extra dose of labor inducing medicine because the baby was not coming out.” The head doctor nodded but when she took over the midwife position she became stunned. The Duchess was very pale and looked like she had difficulty breathing, moreover her abdominal area was still large. She took The Duchess pulse and abruptly stilled. The Duchess's abdominal area seems to have some movement as well.

“What’s wrong with my wife Doctor” The husband was relieved when his wife gave birth but quickly became worried again when his wife state was still not better. It didn’t seem to be from losing a huge amount of blood. Normally, his wife would be fine by now but this seemed abnormal. He wanted to grab the neck of the midwife and strangle her but that was a terrible idea and would lead to a worse outcome.

“The Duchess is still in labor.” The doctor quickly replied.

Everyone once again felt like their breaths were sucked away from their lives. Everyone felt confused and was also very scared.

Twins.

Twins did not exist in this country and there’s barely any knowledge of such a phenomenon. People said twins are a blessing and a gift to couples who love each other very much. But it was also a curse that took away the lives of their loved ones due to strenuous labour.

“.. What?” Both The Duke and Duchess muttered looking at each other speechlessly. 2 babies? Monique barely had any consciousness but when she heard that, she felt strength coming back. Her husband looked so shocked.

But well, just looking at her husband's face was healing to her. She quickly squeezed their intervene hands to make her husband wake up. The Duchess didn’t know what to do but laugh at life. But then she suddenly remembered that there has been no crying yet. She worriedly looked at the direction of the baby.

“How’s my child?” She worriedly asked the midwife who was holding the baby.

“The baby is not crying, but she is breathing! As a premature newborn, everything seems to be perfectly fine!.”

“Thank Goodness.”

The doctor ushered the midwives and the maids to prepare for another baby. Everything was a commotion because of the unexpected situation. The doctor gave the Duchess acupuncture and another dose of medicine, this time to ease the body to make it go through the healing stages,for the body to stop bleeding. But she had to be fast so the twin baby could come out.

“Alright Duchess, all you’ve got to do is push and everything will be fine!” Hearing that her child was healthy but just not crying was already a relief. With the doctor saying everything will be fine, she finally felt at ease. She will live to see both twins!

“Humphhh.!!!”

There it was the final push after 4 hours of harsh labor, her last child came out and was healthily crying.

Moniqua who seemed like she was at death doors during the first half of labor slowly recovered back and seemed a lot better.

The babies and Moniqua were taken to another room after checking their conditions and wiping their bodies clean.

The children outside were relayed that their mother and sibling had survived so they immediately went into the new room. When they entered, they could see the midwives and doctor taking care of 2 babies??

They went towards their parents. Louis holding Ramons hand and their nanny holding Aernest in her arms.

“You’re here” The mother smiled letting go of her husband's hand and gestured for the children to come closer

“Are you alright Mother?” Louis the eldest child asked with his stoic face. He might look stoic but his voice carried trails of worries.

“I am very healthy!” Moniqua smiled looking at her children. Ramon could be seen to be holding back his tears. Aernest crying was paused when he came near his mother. Maybe it was his sixth sense that realized his mother was no longer in danger.

The Doctor finished checking the youngest child that was born and brought her over to The Duchess while gesturing to the midwife to bring the eldest twin as well. The younger twin was still crying even after a long while but soon calmed down when she was held by her mother.

“Mom? There’s 2?” Ramon asked in surprise and confusion. Louis was also very confused and glanced over to his father for explanation.

“Your mother has worked hard. The reason why your mother’s stomach was unusually big was because there were 2 babies inside.

Xenperia has never been blessed with twins before so we did not realise your mother was having 2 children. Twins are a blessing and they will bring a lot of good luck to the family. They will be your younger sisters so you have to take care of them well, Louis, Ramon and … Aernest.”

He didn’t know if Aernest or Ramon would understand, but Aernest seemed to be replying with laughter so he can conclude that he understood. Ramon was a bit confused but was gleaming with happiness! He now has 2 younger sisters!

“Look childrens!, the youngest is smiling because her hands touched her elder sister.”

“Ahhh.. Look brother! She’s smiling!” Ramon shook the sleeves of his brother's and very happily laughed. He was probably the happiest in this room right now. Louis also felt very moved inside as well but..

“Why isn’t the other one moving?” The other child seemed lifeless.

“.... She’s just tired” Moniqua understands Louis's implementation but also did not know why, maybe the child was really tired! Most newborns sleeps anyways.

Not wanting the conversation to get dark, Levis quickly diverted the situation. “Alright, Louis, take your brothers back to their room, your mother and your sisters need rest.”

Louis nodded, and left with the hesitant Ramon who didn’t want to leave. He wanted to look at his sister a little bit more.

- Sign-

‘2 little sisters’

----

Watching their kids leave the husband turned to his wife and caressed her face for a while. He seemed to have also gone through the door's death with his wife and came back. His wife was really strong to be able to endure such labor.

“You’ve worked hard, Love” He smiled and looked over to the 2 sisters and signed. He finally found out why his wife's labor was more difficult this time round. After gently looking at the twins for a while he called the midwives over to take the newborns away to rest, and asked the doctor to stay back for an explanation.

“Twins are said to be born into a family who has had a previous history of twins being born. There are no such records in the medical history of the House of Veria, not to mention never having twins in this Country from history to present.Though the main reason why I did not think of the possibility of The Duchess having twins was because the younger twin was in a position that blocked the elder twin. There was no way to tell.” The doctor explained. It was also a very unexpected situation for the doctor as well.

‘It’s a miracle The Duchess survived. If something had gone wrong….’ The doctor signed when she went out.

----

“No more kids.” Moniqua looked at her husband who was looking very annoyed. That was a really scary situation. What if she really...

“That’s what I told you time and time again, Moniqua.” Duke Levis signed.

‘Really, Never Again!’ Moniqua wanted to have more children hence why … They now have 5 childrens. After getting married at the age of 16, Levis just wanted to spend time with his childhood love but they got their first child very fast after marriage. His plans were shattered! He had wanted to wait till his wife’s body was mature enough to handle giving birth. But...

-Sign- (Levis)

“Really, truly, I promise!” She smiled trying to convince her husband. It was her selfish decision after all. She really wanted to have girls so this really will be the last time.

“I’m glad you and the baby are alright.” Not wanting to get more angry because of the happy occasion he simply decided to let go of the thought. His wife was very cunning, jumping on him soon after Aernest was born and due to that one time …….

But he was also to blame, it was him who got his wife pregnant afterall.

Bending over he gently places soft kisses on his wife's forehead.

Twins or not, they will get alot of love and grow up healthy.

 

And that was a day in the House of Veria.

Words that the first twins were born was spread throughout the whole of Xenperia. Even before having twins, the love of the Veria couple was already very well known to nobles and commoners.They were subjected to loads of envy from females because this was the age where love was an unnecessary emotion in marriage. But now with twins added to the mix, their love became even more legendary.

True Love.

The king of Xenperia has even bestowed many gifts to The House of Veria and no one in the country objected. It was a day everyone will remember. A legendary day even before the twins become legendary!


"Sometimes, miracles comes in pairs"

 


Hai! 

For having read this far! Thank you~~!!! We will be able to see Eugene in the next ep so stay tuned and dont go anywhere! Does anyone else have problems with procasinating? Cause I do, and it's terrible! Ah! But since posting on scribble hub, I have been a bit better because views is so much better here and there are actually people reading my novels so hehe! Anyways! Hope ya'll have a good weekend! And see you next Wednesday!

Read Episode 6 with Illustration on Webtoon!

Table of Content for MCiuitW! advance chapter

74