Chapter 141 – What’s a Succubus doing in Heaven?
1.4k 6 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

8pz03t6.png

Don't forget to check out my other stories!

I am Succubus! [Scribble Hub] | [Patreon]

The Caretaker of Otherworldly Tenants [Scribble Hub] | [Patreon] | [Amazon]

Magical Girl Kari: Apocalypse System [Scribble Hub] | [Patreon] | [Amazon]

The Hero Became a Succubus! [Scribble Hub] | [Patreon] [Amazon]

Micchi Versus the New world [Scribble Hub] | [Patreon] | [Amazon]

Ellori, the Ero Witch of Parthun [Scribble Hub] | [Amazon]

The Housewife's Netorare App [Scribble Hub] | [Amazon]

Social Links: [Patreon] | [Twitter] | [Discord]

Both of us were stunned by what could easily have been a caricature of Raijin, but here he was, sitting upon his throne, and chugging the gin we brought him like there's no tomorrow. There was no rumble of thunder other than the joyful gulps, and no fearsome presence other than the nose-pinching scent of alcohol and stale breaths.

Mutoh turned to us with an apologetic posture. "I'm terribly sorry you have to see Lord Raijin in such a state. He hasn't always looked so… miserable."

"My appearance isn't miserable!" Raijin contested, then reached over to a stand which sat a stack of peaches the size of his own head. "I can lose all this weight in an instant if I wanted to. I just choose not to."

"So he keeps telling himself for the past three centuries." The priest didn't need to show his face for me to know he rolled his eyes.

Although we couldn't see him, I could tell there was a very gentle nature about Mutoh, especially with how soft-spoken he was. So much so in fact that the cloth over his face didn't so much as sway from his breath when speaking.

Raijin, on the other hand, even though his appearance shattered any previously held conceptions I had of the fearsome god, still retained nature's tempestuous spectrum of peace and wrath. Sharp eyebrows crowned each swirling storm that were his eyes. Instead of just barrel-chested, he was double-barreled from that chest and bulging belly. All he wore were loose and baggy black pants that hid tree-trunk thick legs underneath.

"I-I was hoping to speak with Lord Raijin about getting me a meeting with Amaterasu," I said.

Both of them turned their heads to me, then traded glances with each other. They were the kind of looks one gave to someone who asked for the impossible.

"Now why would you want to meet with that old crone?" Raijin asked, his expression souring up.

"It's about her son, Utako. Maybe you know him?" I showed Raijin my finger which still bore the black ring.

"Utako… That little bugger from Hokkaido got hitched, eh? I remember the boy! Was there when my sister burped him out of her pearly teeth," he fondly remarked.

"Burp?" Mio whispered to me.

"In folklore, a lot of kami are born in strange ways… burping is probably the least weird," I hesitantly explained.

Though telling Mio 'a lot of kami' didn't really explain anything either, since there were literally millions of them.

"Hm. So the wife is fuming about her missing husband. Do you know why Amaterasu put Utako on that lonely mountain?" Raijin leaned forward and pieces of the fruit slipped messily from his jaws.

We shook our heads.

"What do you know about soul coins?" Mutoh asked, procuring a small silver coin with the etchings of the sun and its pointy rays.

"Only that it's currency in Takamagahara," I said.

The priest nodded. "Soul coins are currency, yes, but they are also the lifeblood of Takamagahara. The fruits that grow around the island, the fish in the sea which surrounds the city, for the sky, sun, and moon to stay afloat, what keeps the torii gates functioning and the prisons sealed— Everything. Without them, our paradise will fall to ruin, and it has during many periods of time when humanity begins to lack in happiness. That is chief among reasons why kami like Utako play such a vital role. His presence there provides humanity in that area good fortune and will in turn produce quality souls to flow into heaven."

"And chances are, during Utako's brief stay with you, all the fortune that was supposed to be disseminated into many people only went to you," Raijin added.

So that was why Amaterasu was so insistent on returning Uta to the shrine. She was right after all. I had no idea… absolutely zero about what the gods have to go through. What I was trying to do could have brought chaos to Takamagahara. So what did I even want? To greedily keep Uta for my selfish sexual pleasure when I could already have whoever I wanted?

If Amaterasu was right, then what did that make my parents? Was it just something I couldn't see because I was being selfish and naive?

"Hm? Leaving already?" Raijin asked as I turned to leave.

"Yeah… I was just in over my head this whole time and didn't even realize it." I sighed.

"Hahh? You're pussying out?" Mio flew ahead to stand in my way, wearing a frown on her face.

"You heard Raijin and Mutoh. This is beyond all of us. If we start meddling, we're just going to ruin heaven for the kami, yokai, and humanity. I'm—"

"If we're getting outta dodge, fine with me. We go back to the cum hydrant, have a grand old time, and forget this all happened. I can forget, but can you? When you lay in bed tonight, will you be able to go to sleep saying you tried?" she asked.

My answer was no.

I get it. I saw myself and my parents in Uta's relationship to Amaterasu. I wanted to selfishly exert my experience on him, thinking I could rebel against my parents through him. But somewhere along the way, I did start liking Uta because he made me happy, and I wanted to make up for the affection he was deprived of.

Mio cast her gaze on Raijin. "Hey, drunkie. If we're able to visit you, that means we're able to visit Uta, right?"

"Yes, you can. But—"

"Really?" I spun around.

"Unfortunately," Mutoh hesitantly began. "Amaterasu has placed a seal on his shrine. You will be able to speak with Utako, but entering is impossible."

Amaterasu…

That was like putting a lock on your own child's room from the outside. How much of Uta's life did she plan to control?

"Tell you what. You both were kind enough to wet my whistle. Now I'd like some entertainment. Be my champions at the Arena of the Sun and triumph over a battle. In return, I shall grant you a charm that will compel the tengu to look the other way. You will be free to roam Takamagahara as you please and at least visit Utako whenever you like," Raijin offered.

"Are you about to have us go through some sort of tournament arc?" Mio beamed.

"And where did you learn something like that?" I asked.

"I started hanging out with that otaku you were chumming up with. He's been letting me borrow a lot of manga to read in exchange for some of your pictures." She puffed up her chest in pride.

"Why are you still using my pictures like that?!"

"Ahem!" Raijin cleared his throat.

"You will not go through a tournament. Only a single battle," Mutoh said.

Mio threw her arms in the air, seemingly dejected that we weren't going to have a big fight.

"Fiiiinne. Just need us to win, right?" Mio asked, much less excited and her disappointment palpable.

"Correct. You will be fighting here." Raijin snapped his finger, unleashing a thundering boom within the shrine.

A small storm manifested above our heads that spun like a whirlpool. It began to shrink in size and lower itself to the ground until it was between Raijin's man-spreaded legs. The dark clouds soon lightened and cleared up, revealing a birds' eye view of a rectangular arena.

There was a battle going on down there between yokai, and what appeared to be thousands upon thousands of spectators watching from the seating area. Their cheers were so loud, Mio and I could hear their roaring shouts from here. A large oni with a metal club was chasing after a yuki-onna, but she encased his legs in a block of ice. Unable to move, he was left to the yokai woman's mercy, who then froze the rest of him. The oni fell to the ground with a thud, and had to be carried off by spirits to be taken care of.

"Kami recruits contestants to duke it out with the promise of anything from blessings, soul coins, a home in the city, you name it. In return, we derive entertainment and bragging rights. That and a little lucrative something-something from the losing kami, if you know what I mean," Raijin explained, rubbing two fingers together.

"This sounds too good to be true. What happens if the contestants lose?" I asked.

"Since contestants represent a kami, losing will reflect badly on us. A curse is typically what entails, but that depends on how humiliating the loss is." He guffawed.

However, Mio and I weren't laughing. Getting cursed by a god was no laughing matter. After all, the dark elves in Elza went to desperate lengths in an attempt to lift a curse.

We were already here though and backing out achieved nothing. I also didn't want to shirk the short pep talk Mio gave me. She cared that I cared. That was the only reason she was here when none of this had anything to do with her.

At the corner of my eyes, I caught Mio staring.

"Doesn't matter who we fight. They ain't got jack on us." Mio flashed a grin and offered a reassuring wink.

"Then we'll fight in your name, Raijin. When do we start?" I nodded. 

"You begin now." Mutoh pulled out a giant fan from his sleeve that took both hands to hold, snapped it open, and sent a gust of wind in our direction.

It was like Mio and I were thrown into a wind tunnel. Both of us were lifted into the air, and no amount of flapping our wings could control flight. Raijin kicked forward the cloud that was showing the arena, and the wind was beginning to suck us into it.

"Holy shit! This is some cool ass magic!" Mio yelled, all smiles as her hair fluttered like crazy.

"Wait!" I shouted to Raijin and Mutoh. "H-How does time work in this world? Will we be able to go back home at the right time after this?"

"Worry not. Takamagahara and its inhabitants exist outside the spectrum of time, but your souls are anchored to whatever period you came from. When you leave, you will return to your own world where it was left. Until then, I think you two should focus more on the battle ahead. Give me a good show down there!" Raijin exclaimed.

The instant we were sucked in, we were thrown into the dirt of a dimly lit corridor. Our sudden entrance drew the attention of the oni who we saw doing battle earlier, his upper body had been thawed and only his legs were still frozen, currently being worked on by onibi. The tiny, ghostly lights were similar to wisps, born of human and animal corpses, and were said to be malevolent creatures, but seeing their flames flicker and tremble from us having startled them was sort of cute.

"Sorry about that!" I said.

The walls of the corridor were made of red sandstone. At one end was a giant iron door, and on the other was an opening, beyond which the murmur of crowds were plenty and raucous.  We made our way towards the entrance, and with each step, the cheers grew louder until they were no longer muffled from being inside the tunnel.

I wasn't prepared for just how massive the rectangular arena was, because looking at it through Raijin's storm didn't do it justice. The walls towered as high as a four-story building before it was finally on the level of spectators, and the ring was several times larger than a football or soccer field. I imagined it wasn't just yokai that fought here, but also kami, and that's why it was so big.

Emerging from the other end were two yokai, a kudan and ushi-onna. Between us was a flat field of dirt, trampled upon by god knows how many beings over the millennia.

"Come to think of it, we haven't fought together in a long ass time," Mio said, stretching her arms.

"Last time you were caught by Sarena," I teasingly reminded her.

"Don't remind me… I live in ecstacy knowing that bitch is spending the rest of her long life as a sex slave to futa dark elves," she glowered.

Hopefully we would get to spend the rest of our long lives together. Before us was a kudan, a yokai with the body of a bull and the face of a human man. What they represented changed depending on who you ask. Their most common interpretation was that they were spirits which could prophesize future events and were a sign of good luck.

The ushi-onna, on the other hand, was a yokai and possibly the closest thing to what our world calls a minotaur. She had the body of a human woman dressed in a kimono, but had the head of a cow. In each of her hands was a heavy battle-axe, ready to cut us down if we weren't careful.

"I… don't think this battle guarantees our safety," I warned.

"Not a problem for me!" Mio grinned. "We'll creampie and fuck 'em good!"

"At the southern end, representing Lord Raijin, are two new faces to the scene— give it up for Saeko and Mio!" the announcer's echoing voice shouted our names with such passion that even I was itching to fight. "At the north, representing the Laughing God Ebisu, Makoto and Nanami!"

A loud gong boomed, and many tengu surrounded the edge to create a barrier that encapsulated the arena. Our first two combatants wasted no time in charging at us. The kudan, Makoto, stampeded with the force of a raging bull. Mio and I dove out of the way, but I was the one the ushi-onna went after.

Namami's axes swung hard and for the kill, but I was able to fly out of her reach and rain fiery spells down on her. However, the ushi-onna proved more durable than I thought. She leapt from the smoking cloud and grabbed my ankle, pulling me back to the ground and chucking me across the arena.

"Shiiit! This fuckface is tough!" Mio growled, digging her heels into the dirt as she locked horns with the kudan.

I instinctively tried to summon the Blade of the First Temptress and remembered that it no longer belonged to me when nothing appeared. Mio lost the battle of strength against the kudan and was thrown clear across the arena, landing next to me. The two yokai were really strong. If we lost, Raijin was going to curse us, and I wouldn't get any closer to Uta.

"Mio, you thinking what I'm thinking?" I asked.

"Doing what we do best?" Mio smirked.

We were succubi, so we should fight like succubi. With any luck, yokai should be just as susceptible as any living being with a libido. The two fighters regrouped and made another charge at us, but we stood our ground and strengthened our auras. While Mio charmed the kudan, I charmed the ushi-onna.

Both of them grinded to a halt only several feet away, confusing the crowds and the announcer.

"Alright. Let's have you two put on a show." I snapped my fingers, ordering the ushi-onna to strip off her kimono. She really was completely human below the neck. Even for a yokai, she had genitals like breasts and a vagina.

Seeing one of the contestant get naked impassioned the crowds, even more so when we compelled the kudan and ushi-onna to start having sex. They were really going at it, too. The woman was on all fours, and the kudan fucked her like a wild animal, mating as though in heat.

"I'm cumming! Oh, I'm cumming so hard from your bull cock!" the ushi-onna cried, eyes rolling to the back of her head.

"Heh. Guess that answered one of my burning questions!" Mio cackled.

The opposing contestants mooed loudly as they climaxed together. The kudan unleashed a load of cum into the ushi-onni's pussy, so much that her belly inflated a little. Thoroughly exhausted and without any energy left to fight, they fell to the ground, delirious and twitching.

"The winners are Saeko and Mio! Raijin sure picked the right contestants this time around, folks! What a spicy show they put on!" the announcer declared, sending the crowds into a frenzy.

Basking in the fame lasted only a few seconds. A storm whirled beneath our feet again, opening a whole back to Raijin's shrine. We caught sight of more arena contestants coming out of each entrance again before being swallowed, then spat out to the howling laughter of the kami than cheers from a crowd.

"Haha! Compelling two contestants to have sex in the middle of battle! That's a first for Takamagahara! Very good, very good. It will make for another great memory to recall whenever I drink," Raijin said, lifting the cask to his lips.

"We did as you asked and won. Time for your end of the bargain," I reminded him.

"I haven't. Mutoh?" He gestured to the priest.

Mutoh opened a small jewelry box, but it contained two colorful charms like ones that could be bought from a store or at a shrine. People often gave these as presents for good luck and fortune around exam-taking times.

"These will put a protective ward on you, not to repel tengu, but to let them know you are a personal guest of Lord Raijin. The tengu will no longer bother you, but please do not try to cause trouble in Takamagahara. Being a guest won't shield you if you break the laws or disrupt the peace," Mutoh explained, helping to tie each one to our right wrists.

"Before I send you two off, where did you come from?" Raijin asked. "I understand you came through a shrine in Japan, but what world originally?"

"That's where Saeko came from, but I was from Elza. Cool place, lots of magic, and hot elves to bang," Mio absentmindedly said, more interested in the pretty charm than a conversation with the kami.

"Elza…" he repeated curiously.

"Do you know Elza?" I asked.

Raijin didn't answer, instead he created another storm to open a faraway shrine off the island of Takamagahara. Mio and I were transported in front of another large shrine similar to that of Raijin's, but this one was more… off-putting. It wasn't just because there was no one here, but also because it was dead quiet. The only sounds were the swaying foliage.

The bushes and cherry blossoms in the courtyard surrounded the building. A stone walkway led us to the doors, where gargantuan shimenawa, thick ropes that were meant to ward off evil or purify sacred grounds, tied around like a barricade on the shrine.

"Swank place, huh." Mio whistled.

Wasn't Uta supposed to be a lesser kami? I had no idea he lived in such a large shrine. Not to mention, it was so far away from the main city.

A chill ran up both of our spines as we walked up to the entrance.

"You feel that?" I asked.

"This is definitely weird," Mio said, placing a hand on the rope. "There's demonic energy on this, I just know it."

"Like… evil yokai energy?"

She shook her head. "Like demon lord from my world energy. Maybe it's just my imagination?"

That should be impossible. Takamagahara was a land for Japanese kami and yokai, but beings from another world like Elza. However, Mio had no reason to lie.

When I concentrated on it, there was in fact some sort of divine barrier on it. That must be Amaterasu's seal that Raijin was talking about. But delving deeper, I sensed what I could only describe was a splinter. Like if I prodded it enough with my own magic, it would break the seal.

"Uta! Are you in there?" I shouted, pressing my hands and face to the door.

"I'm here!" a voice called back.

"Damn!" Mio gasped since it was her first time hearing his voice. "Feels like deja vu whenever I visit Yumi!"

"I'm scared… I don't like it here… please help me out," Uta pleaded.

I wanted to see Uta one more time. Tell him that everything would be alright, and he didn't have to be afraid. He sounded so hurt inside.

Maybe I could break him out.

Reaching through the seal with my succubus aura, I touched the splinter and put force on it. To my surprise, it was much more brittle than it felt. Just a little more…

"Saeko, what are you doing?" Mio asked, her panic growing. "You're not seriously—"

The sound of glass shattering caused both of us to flinch. Even though there was no glass anywhere, the space splintered and cracked until it bursted. A frightening presence enveloped the tiny island and shrine, and something shredded the shimenawa before our eyes. Pieces of the rope fell to the ground and the door creaked open.

A dark and insidious shadow crept across the ground like hands pulling a blanket. The trees and bushes began to wither. Within the shrine, there was no one. Not Uta, no kami, not even furniture. Only many scratch marks all over the walls, ceiling, and floor that sent shivers through me.

Two, long furry tails that were orange in color and white at the tips, fired out from within the shrine to grab ahold of mine and Mio's throat, lifting us off the ground.

"My, that fat kami took centuries longer than he should," Uta's voice reached my ears, but the entity that walked out of the shrine wasn't him.

It was a fox woman, dressed in a disheveled state in her red and white kimono. Half her bust was showing since the sleeves were part way down her arms. She wore a white kitsune mask on the side of her face with red markings. Beautiful flowers, jewelry, and bead ornaments adorned her deep orange hair. As the woman emerged, I saw now that she had nine tails, two of which were holding us. In one hand, she held a long pipe and in the other was a white fan.

"Ufufu~ Do I have you darlings to thank for releasing me?" She smiled.

"Bitch… let go…" Mio snarled.

We concentrated our auras into trying to charm the yokai, but it didn't work. She was unaffected.

"Oh, you two are succubus!" Her voice slowly morphed from Uta's to a more mature and feminine tone. "I'm sorry, darlings. That won't work on me. You see, I invented manipulation. Beauty and charm are my weapons."

"W-Who are you?" I stammered.

The question brought an even wider smile to her face.

"I am the fox of ill-omens. The master of disguises. She who has wrought calamities across all of Asia and toppled dynasties. Speak my name, child. Answer your own question. Who am I?" she asked.

Realization struck harder than anything that ever hit until now. We screwed up. Big time. I just released one of the greatest evils of folklore.

"You're… Tamamo no Mae." I gulped.

8pz03t6.png

Don't forget to check out my other stories!

I am Succubus! [Scribble Hub] | [Patreon]

The Caretaker of Otherworldly Tenants [Scribble Hub] | [Patreon] | [Amazon]

Magical Girl Kari: Apocalypse System [Scribble Hub] | [Patreon] | [Amazon]

The Hero Became a Succubus! [Scribble Hub] | [Patreon] [Amazon]

Micchi Versus the New world [Scribble Hub] | [Patreon] | [Amazon]

Ellori, the Ero Witch of Parthun [Scribble Hub] | [Amazon]

The Housewife's Netorare App [Scribble Hub] | [Amazon]

Social Links: [Patreon] | [Twitter] | [Discord]

16