Chapter 121
2.2k 7 53
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Scan,” said Jason.

 

Zombie Gigant

An anomaly among the undead. A rotting zombie yet the external appearance retained much of a humanoid appearance beside the overly gigantic sizes of its disfigured arms. Its huge size didn’t impede the speed of this giant zombie. Possessed the ability to call other zombies for regenerative purposes.

Species: Undead

Level : 20

S.Ability : Hammer Fist, Decay Breath, Screech, Engorge.

 

 

“Interesting,” he said.

 

A couple of zombies fueled by their inherent desire for flesh ran towards Jason. A flick of his sword and heads dropped. His open palm reached out to Hakeem, a brown aura surrounded Hakeem as Jason buffed him.

 

“Rargh!” the zombie gigant let out a horrifying shout, a hammer fist went straight for the unguarded Jason.

 

Boom.

 

The floor crack and yet Jason was nowhere to be seen. He was in the air, taking his airtime in leisure. He stared at the zombie gigant, as it too stared at him with its black-filled eyes.

 

The zombie gigant threw another hammer fist at Jason who was sitting in mid-air. But its fist stopped in mid-sequence, down on the ground Hakeem slammed his mallet multiple times right at the balls. It wasn’t Hakeem’s intention but with that thing dangling in the air, it only made sense for him to target the weakest spot.

 

One thing Hakeem learned from Jason, was never to showed any remorse when fighting against an enemy. The zombie gigant changed its attention to Hakeem, it swung its arm and slammed Hakeem right at the side.

 

Hakeem crashed on the machinery but he survived. He managed to use the shield to brace for impact. He got back up but another hammer fist went straight for him. Hakeem side-stepped, dodging it by a hair-breadth.

 

He rushed forward with determined eyes. The head of his mallet started to spark jolt of blue electric. Hakeem let out a battle cry as he slammed his mallet right at its knee.

 

Shock Smash erupted burning the knee into cinders. Hakeem slid across the floor just between the zombie gigant legs. He turned back and looked at the limping sight of the zombie.

 

One of its knees fell apart with a burnt mark around the area. Hakeem smiled as his attack did quite a damage. Then a blue window emerged in front of him.

 

“Bolt Hammer?” to his words, the mallet started to glow in bluish light as the erupting electric current intensified around the head of the mallet. He gained another offensive skill and delight was an understatement.

 

“Taste my hammer,” said Hakeem as he rushed at the limping zombie gigant.

 

The zombie gigant didn’t just growl at Hakeem as it too retaliated with an attack of its own.

 

Hammer Fist collided with Bolt Hammer and sparks flew.

 

Meanwhile, an observer from the side was intrigued by seeing the new development between those two. A few zombies kept coming at Jason as he dealt with it quite easily. By far, these zombies were the easiest to handle, as long as he chopped their heads off, the thing won’t pester him any longer. Their rotting features made him cutting them easier.

 

Interesting. From the look of it, he must have learned another new skill.

 

Another zombie came charging Jason and a sword pierced right through its head. It slumped on the floor and to Jason’s surprise, a window opened up.

 

Jason’s level increased to level 27

 

It’s been a while since I saw this one.

For a while, he had been stagnant in his attempt in leveling himself up. Considering the enemies that he fought that was vastly weak and under level, it made sense for his slow progress.

 

Jason opened up his status after sending another minor defense buff at Hakeem from a long range.

 

Jason Park

Job : Assassin

Level 27

EP : 136/136(+10)

E.Guard : 3180/3180(+30)

Strength : 50

Agility : 73

Dexterity : 42

Stamina : 42

Energy : 42(+2)

E.Resist : 42

Points : 30

Unique Trait : Rapid Growth

Skills : Intermediate Swordsmanship Lv.4, Major Heal lv.1, Energy Guard Lv.9, Wind Cutter Lv.MAX, Shadow Sneak Lv.5, Intermediate Archery Lv.4, Parry Lv.1, Scan Lv.9, Basic Projectile Throwing Lv.4, Blood Edge Strike Lv.9, Novice Smithing Lv.4, Basic Blunt Weapon Mastery Lv.4, Triple Strafe Lv.3, Minor Defense Buff Lv.9, Night Vision Lv.MAX, Wind Clad Lv.1, Lightning Fury Lv.1, Contract Lv.1, Basic Tailoring Lv.1

He distributed the points evenly to strength, dexterity, and stamina. He scanned his status once more and noticed the abundance skill that he had.

 

There’s too much or am I just not being grateful at all.

True to his thought, to be fair he might be the only one at the present to have such an abundance of skills that was rather diverse. But a high quantity came with a price.

 

Grinding all of these up will be a pain, or should I just focus on one thing first and maxed it out before doing the others.

 

While he was contemplating his life choices, Hakeem was in a pickle. He was underneath his shield as the zombie gigant kept on pounding his fist at Hakeem from below. He messed up his position as he stood right below the creature placing himself in a good position for a beat down.

 

His Iron Body points were dwindling down as he still couldn’t get away from the spot. He tried to use his Bolt Hammer once more but he only received a bad notification.

 

“Shit, I’m out of EP,” said Hakeem. “Do I have to use it, now?”

 

Desperate time called for desperate measures.

 

“Iron Body,” Hakeem said.

 

His skin turned into a shining luster of iron, increasing his overall defense a multiple of four times. Hakeem opened himself up and met the hammer fist head-on.

 

He blocked it using his iron head and he followed with a smash of his mallet at its forearm. Hakeem went wild ignoring his defense as his mallet and shield bashed the zombie gigant head-on.

 

Finally, his mallet struck the fist head-on and this time, Hakeem was the winner. The right fist of the zombie gigant smashed into pieces but his effort wasn’t enough to take it down.

 

“Rawgh!” it screeched as the loud piercing sound disorienting the battle harden Hakeem.

 

“Argh,” Hakeem dropped on his knees as he let go of his mallet and shield. He closed his ears with both of his hands as the screech rattled his senses as he couldn’t keep his mind clear.

 

Left unguarded, the zombie gigant struck his left hammer fist right at the Hakeem. A single punch and it was enough to embed the iron Hakeem into the floor. Then came another punch and another, bludgeoning the defenseless Hakeem into the floor. If it wasn’t for his Iron Body in full mode, he would have died from the onslaught of the zombie gigant.

 

“Ugh,” Hakeem let out a groan as he was still not in his head.

 

Then as Hakeem slowly regained his bearing, the moment he opened his eyes he saw the giant face of the zombie gigant right on his face. It took him by surprise and then the zombie gigant opened its mouth wide open.

 

Shit, I got to go move, thought Hakeem as the thought of him being eaten by this zombie bastard scared him to death.

 

Yet rather than eating, a vile dark green gas came out of the zombie gigant’s mouth. The smell was disgusting, like the smell of a rotten egg but times that by ten. It was the Decay Breath of the zombie gigant. Besides the smell, Hakeem could felt something tickling on his skin, he looked around and saw his clothes being disintegrated along with his arm brace made by Jason.

 

Before long, he was left naked without a thread of string on. The only thing left on him was the makeshift headlight and that too slowly being eaten by the decaying breath of the zombie gigant.

 

The flashlight attached dropped on the floor as it left Hakeem blind in the dark. He couldn’t see the face of the zombie gigant as the fear of death crept slowly in his heart. Then within the darkness, he noticed the notification window showing his Iron Body points dwindling in numbers rapidly. The moment it turns into zero would be the time he greeted death.

 

Hakeem did well in his fight against the zombie gigant but alas, it was too strong. It had the advantage in level along with the boost as a boss.

 

Knowing he couldn’t die at this point in time, he shouted the name of his friend. A trustworthy friend that he believed to be the most powerful.

 

“Jason!” Hakeem shouted.

 

His voice echoed in the darkness as his eyes couldn’t cast away from the numbers on the notification window.

 

“You had enough?” said Jason. He stood not far away from Hakeem as he stood on top of an industrial machine.

 

His appearance caught the attention of the zombie gigant as it stopped exhaling its rotten breath. Both stared at each other as these two could see in the dark as well as a night monkey.

 

“Hey Hakeem, you better run now as this thing is focusing on me,” said Jason.

 

The naked iron Hakeem grabbed the flashlight along with his mallet. He rushed away from the site as he knew something was about to happen. He met a few zombies that popped out of sudden but a quick few swings were enough to render those zombies down.

 

After assuming he reached a safe distance he turned back and flashed the light at the sight of the zombie gigant who was staring at someone within the darkness.

 

“Rawgh!” the zombie gigant growled at Jason.

 

The man who stood in leisure cast a smile as he held his sword up.

 

“Wind clad,” a strong subtle wind enveloped Jason’s body.

 

“Blood Edge Strike,” a crimson hue surrounded the blade of his sword.

 

The zombie gigant snarled once more and threw a hammer fist right at Jason.

 

“Parry,” said Jason.

 

His blade slid across the hammer fist changing its trajectory by a bit. The zombie gigant missed and before it could do anything. Jason already appeared in front of it.

 

“Go die again,” the crimson blade sliced right through the thick neck of the zombie gigant.

 

A giant head dropped on the floor, resulting in the body of the zombie gigant slumping on the floor with a crash. Jason stood beside the lifeless corpse as he flicked the blood off of his sword as he said.

 

“GG.”

 

53