Chapter 148
1.4k 3 34
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Four people stood on top of a damaged building. Jason wielded two swords with his eyes dead set on the oblivious orc. Arrluk held his rod up high prepared for a fight. Tapeesa held a glowing boomerang with her grip tight. Nuniq cracked his knuckles as he stretched his neck side to side, readying himself with a smirk.
 
“I’ll handle it. Watch my back,” said Jason. The man took steady steps as his pace gained haste. The distance shortened as his feet left the floor. He leaped in the air as his target was set. The orc was still ignorant about an incoming ambush, yet its nose tickled by a particular smell, it turned its head, but it was the last of its action.
 
Two swords pierced through the orc’s skull. He rested his knees on the orc’s shoulders as the orc fell forward. A clean ambush that killed the orc in a single attack, and he attacked the head not without reason.
 
As I expected, the head is the easiest since there’s no fucking fat on it.
 

Jason’s level increased to level 29

 
Oh, didn’t expect that.
 
A level that came unexpectedly. He was expecting it after killing around fifty more of these orcs, but the bear might give a hand to it. Jason dumped every point on strength as he brought his strength to ninety-five. It was five points away from reaching a hundred.
 
Jason got up and observed the corpse of the orc. It was dried as if unaffected by the tsunami that ravished Oshawa. It struck him odd as he turned the corpse around, inspecting it at every angle.
 
Did it avoid the tsunami? But how?
 
Jason looked around as everything was laid to waste. He could still see puddles of water, the aftermath of the tsunami. He tilted his head, trying to figure out how the orc survived.
 
It can’t be. Even natural disasters can’t kill them? That’s ridiculous.
 
He still didn’t know whether it was true or not, but he hoped he was wrong. If an unknown force aided these monsters to survived disasters then the only thing that could kill them was the might of the Awakened.
 
Fuck, I hope I’m wrong, and this orc got lucky in dodging the tsunami and whatever earthquake that happened.
 
“Are there more?” Arrluk came from the back with his eyes kept scanning the surrounding.
 
“No, but let’s hope not,” Jason said.
 
“Grandpa! I found one!” Jason’s hope was broken into pieces as Nuniq warned the rest.
 
Arrluk raced to his grandson as Jason watched from the back.
 
“You’re not coming?” Tapeesa asked.
 
“You go ahead. I need to take a breather,” said Jason. Tapeesa nodded and left him alone.
 
Let’s just hope they survived the tsunami because their buoyancy increased due to their thick fat.
 
A vague hope as he followed the trail of those families. He dropped from a broken building and landed on a puddle. The water splashed, drenching him a bit. Jason heard a commotion not far from where he was. He rushed and saw the three family members fighting against a group of orcs.
 
I hate this.
 
There were more than he expected. Wind surrounded his whole body as his feet strode further as he reached an oblivious orc. His sword cut the orc’s leg as the orc oinked in pain. The thick fat could no longer hinder his slash. The first swing sliced thoroughly, and the next sword cut right through its flank.
 
There wasn’t even the slightest resistance as blood spilled. The orc couldn’t retaliate as Jason cut one of its arms. Jason’s arm didn’t stop moving as not a second was wasted. In the end, the orc’s head was chopped as what left was a limbless corpse.
 
That went well.
 
Jason flicked his swords away from the blood and fat. His intention of dumping his points to strength was showing its worth. He turned to the others as he saw Arrluk bashing his rod at an orc with the aid of his grandson. Nuniq had the same silhouette of a bear behind him, yet there was a visible difference at his body.
 
The teenage boy had a white fur covering his back and torso with the head of a polar bear acting as a cowl on his head. There was no longer an energy claw as it was replaced by real bear claws strapped on his knuckle. Jason tilted his head as he couldn’t figure out what kind of class did that brat had chose.
 
Tapeesa, on the other hand, threw her boomerang as she secured the perimeter, making the rest of the orc to not interfere with the battle. Her energy boomerang was pretty versatile in controlling the crowd from approaching closer.
 
I see. That’s how they really fight against the orcs. Not bad.
 
Jason didn’t stand and watch as he jumped into the fray. His speed coupled with the enhanced strength he obliterated the rest of the orcs, cutting them like they were butter. He flicked his swords once more and turned to the ongoing fight.
 
Arrluk bashed the orc by the head, making it stayed down forever. Arrluk quickly turned around as he prepared for another round with an orc.
 
“Come on! I’m just starting to warm up,” said Nuniq as his passion burnt fervently for another fight. But that fire died after seeing nothing was left.
 
“What happened? Where the other orcs?” Nuniq asked.
 
Tapeesa stood there, staring at Jason as he slowly approached them.
 
“We need to move. I need to find out whether the missiles did its job or not,” said Jason. While saying his piece, Jason didn’t forget to look at the orcs, and none of them were drenched by water.
 
Nuniq realized it after a few seconds as he stared at Jason with a flame of rivalry.
 
“What if we stumble with the Orc Chief?” Arrluk asked as he still remembered what happened the last he fought against it.
 
Jason gazed into Arrluk’s eyes as he answered him with confidence.
 
“I’m going to fight it until I kill it… But what about you?… Are you afraid?”
 
A blow right at Arrluk’s pride. His straightforward question could easily induce a fight between teammates, yet he did it anyway.
 
“What the fuck did you just said? You think you’re the strongest?” Nuniq was riled up, but the old-timer stayed silent.
 
It took him a brief second as Arrluk pulled his grandson’s shoulder. “Calm down Nuniq, a man shouldn’t be easily provoked.”
 
Arrluk stared back at Jason with a smirk. The thought of a punk daring to spouted such words at him also lit something in his olden heart.
 
“I’ll follow you, and if you don’t mind this old-timer, I hope you give me an opportunity in bashing that pig’s head,” said Arrluk.
 
Jason smiled as the vanguard he hoped, agreed to follow his path of destruction.
 
“Good. Let’s make haste then.”
34