Chapter 14
50 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Ibro felt that this question was not addressed to him, but rather to her. However, he spontaneously answered, saying:

“You can trust me. If I tell you everything I know, you'll think I'm crazy. So let's put aside what I know for now. If my intention was hostile to you, I would not have waited for you to enter the game to tell you everything, and would not have taken all this trouble and put myself at risk for just one opportunity of talking to you. If I wanted to harm you, I would tell those watching you with everything I know. If I told you that what you are aiming for is also my goal, would you believe me?”

Aya sat her gaze upon him for a while before saying surprisingly:

“Did you announce your success in the legendary mission to make me talk to you? Wii you be subjected any risks to you as a result?”

Ibro laughed bitterly before saying:

“You do not know how dangerous the situation we are all in. Those who held you will not stop if someone tries to change their plans or obstruct them. They are watching every Egyptian player in the game. My announcement of my existence in this showcasing manner and at this early time was not part of my plans. But yes, I did that to get your attention.”

“Why am I so important to you? We only know each other since a few days ago.”

He wanted to tell her the truth. He wanted tell her that she was a legendary person to him. How much he loved to tell her about her past achievements and being a legend to everyone, and he was one of them. But he could not, so he said trying hard to avoid her direct question and the answer in his heart:

“It does not matter to what extent we know each other. But in short, you are very important to me. Now isn’t the time to chat about things like this, you should log off now and secure yourself. We will talk later when you return.  I'll be waiting for you.”

She looked at him for a long time before closing call. He knew that he had said a lot of vague words. What could he tell her? Could he tell her that he had returned from the future? Could he tell her that in that future she died at the hands of a traitor who she trusted from the circle of her friends? Ibro took a deep breath to expel all the worries in his heart. He returned to look in the area around him as he was focused only with her chat and nothing else. He was on the verge of leaving the 10th-levelling map towards the huge mountains in front of him. He moved passing the area of monsters behind. The wilderness around him was devoid of anything except for scattered groups of trees of different shapes and colors. As for the mountains in front of him, they looked like a giant wall extending within sight. His aim was not to climb any of them, but rather to head towards any of the valleys scattered on the borders of the wilderness with the rocky mountain world. The clashes between players and the thug strongholds in these valleys were not a rare event, as many of the quests that players could receive in the city adventurer hall were related to the destruction of forts of these thieves and criminals. He moved on a road that was not inhabited by anyone cautiously. He was now officially at these criminals turf so he must be careful. every path here lead to a different stronghold, so he picked one and walked into it. After walking for about half an hour, he did not to discover any monster till he found himself in front of a wide entrance to a valley between the mountains. At the front of this valley was a high wooden fence, with a height of approximately 10 meters. In the middle of the fence was a small simple wooden gate. On the sides of the gate there were two very primitive observation towers. Despite this primitive aspect of guarding to the valley entrance, it did not deceive Ibro. He knew very well that behind this fragile fence were no fewer than five hundred monsters. He watched carefully everything that he could see from his place about this stronghold. After a long time of observation he noticed some patrols entering and leaving the stronghold from time to time. These criminals seemed to him ready to fight anytime. Ibro had a primitive idea that he wanted to try. Ibro goal was to hit these patrols. The number of each patrol ranged between five and ten monsters. Despite their small numbers, it was the appropriate number for him to be able to kill them successfully. He aimed to gradually reduce the number of people inside this small fortress. If they sensed something was wrong and moved out of their fort, then he would run away and wait till they return and then tried again. This was his plan. Ibro knew that his plan carried a lot of risk and there was a great chance that it would fail, but he did not have a better plan right now. This was the plan the best plan his mind found during watching these thugs.

He moved lightly, taking advantage of his Speed attribute, around the fort. Despite the difficult mountainous nature of the place, which slowed down his movement, he found many places of stealth that he could use to escape and hide. He found a small cave, which was around 10 meters above the ground level and he used it to hide. Minutes ago, he spotted a group of monsters moving slowly in the area looking for any intruder. From his far distance he could guess that their number was close to ten. He took a safe haven at the cave and then started watching them closely. They were walking towards the area near him. He quietly grabbed his newbie staff that was worlds apart compared to his legendary staff. The surveillance patrol moved a lot closer to him until they were about fifty meters away, then he used the observation skill to find out their information.

“Polrad Monster: Elite monster, level 10. HP: 19.418

Polrad Wizard: Elite Monster, Level 11. HP: 30,000”

In front of him were nine Polrad monsters under the command of one Polrad wizard. It seemed that this fort is under the control of the Polrad monsters. He did not remember any details from his past life about them but this did not bother to him. The game was full of endless monsters so it was natural that he didn’t know many monsters. From his hideaway place he chose his target. that wizard was a nightmare to him if he didn’t deal with him fast, so he must get rid of him first. He grabbed the staff and said in a low voice:

“Basic Confusing skill.”

His staff glowed in a dim black light followed by a burst of light that moved very quickly, unnoticed, towards his target. In less than a second, the black light bumped into the body of the Polrad wizard. it was moving behind everyone, protecting their backs. As a result of this skill, it turned into a lethal weapon that immediately attacked every monster in front of him with magic barrages. From the first moment of activating the skill, the magician turned to attack his comrades ferociously. Many skills were launched without stop to attack all monsters without discrimination. Initially, everyone was confused without knowing where the attacks came from, but within seconds, when three monsters fell, they found out that their commander had betrayed them. They drew their swords and started to attack the wizard with great vengeance. When they reached him, they had lost two additional monsters by his hand. Ibro did not let them reach his puppet so easily as he said in a low voice:

“Basic black blow skill.”

His staff glowed again to launch a burst of quick black light towards an area below the feet of the Polrad wizard, to explode as a bomb creating a ball of black light covered the area around the magician with a distance of 3 meters * 3 meters in a moment. It was enough to cover all the monsters inside it. This skill caused double his Magic Attack for 10 seconds. That meant that each monster would get nearly 1000 damage points per second. With regard to how big these monsters HP, that skill would cause small harm to them. But he wasn’t fighting them alone. That wizard would take their remaining HP. That was why he chose that method that fitted well with his one-player team. This mixture, which was formed by his two skills, was the most effective way to get rid of his enemies significantly. In front of him, black sparks appeared moving in the area of ​​his skill, and every second that passed, a loud bell sounded in his ears, informing him of the death of one of his enemies. Not all of the ten seconds passed until the bells went silent and seconds later the dark ball disappeared from his sight. He looked carefully to find out there was no monster still alive at all. He knew that he had succeeded in his plan. He looked with ease then at the place below to find that it was really a chaotic battle. He looked at his record of System Prompts to find nine identical prompts of his success in killing the Polrad monsters and one for killing the Polrad wizard.

“System Prompt: Player succeeded in killing the Polrad monster. Player succeeded in killing a monster beyond player level.  Player will get XP * 3. Player got 2268 XP.”

System Prompt: Player has successfully killed the Polrad wizard. Player succeeded in killing a monster beyond player level. Player will get XP * 4. Player got 4,536 XP.”

Within fifteen seconds, Ibro managed to gain more than 25K XP. It seemed he would be able to reach level 10 when he finished all five strongholds. If that was true then he didn’t need to waste one time using his legendary scroll. He climbed down from his hiding place and went towards the battlefield to find that every monster left behind a group of copper coins, while Polrad wizard left him two silver coins. He quickly collected these coins and, unfortunately, none of them left any equipment behind. He looked at those monsters around him and felt remorse. If he had the famous and common gathering skill, he could get some of the monsters skin, nails,..Etc. Those materials could be used to make different weapons and equipment or potions. He didn’t stop and moved quickly to find another group of monsters. He did not search for a long time, as after a quarter of an hour he found a group similar to the previous one. He repeated his strategy again to get rid of these ten. Although the speed of getting rid of them was very effective, the time spent looking for them was big. So within three hours, he only got rid of six groups, one group every half an hour approximately. If he continued like this, he would need a full day to get rid of only one stronghold. Although in the end he would rise to level 8 and be closer to level 10, he didn’t want to waste time like this especially he had big plans for the city. The main problem was that he wasted a lot time searching for those patrol squads. If there was a way to find them quickly, it would have been easier. He sat in a small cave in the mountains, thinking of a way to find them rapidly. Although he had almost memorized the terrain of the entire region, he had not yet found a fixed pattern of their movements. Would he wait for them near the stronghold gate and attack them? What about the fuss of the battles? Wouldn't it draw the attention of the big army at the stronghold then?

1