8: The Madness of Quill
399 3 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

Witnessing the succubus controlling Quill's body could be considered Kristoffer's worst nightmare of the decade.

Worse yet, it didn't seem like she would be open to a peace treaty or some such.

Crap.

Crap, crap, crap!

"Any kind of plan would be appreciated, guys," Kristoffer hastily whispered to the other two.

From what he could think of, there's simply only two options: fight or run.

If the damned succubus can also use Quill's skills then the odds would not be in their favor if they chose to fight, though. They should probably just run. But can they run?

"I don't know," Carl finally said, "Why don't we leave Victor here while we make a run for it?"

"Hey! Don't you-," Victor paused at the thought. *Sigh*

"Yeah, that might be the best way to go." Just earlier he was about to go at it with Quill anyway.

Neither Carl nor Kristoffer expected that he would agree to it, yet as surprised as they were, they didn't have the luxury of time to praise his bravery as they continue backing up towards the door, the succubus finally stepping forward.

"We don't have enough time, just g-" Before Victor could finish what he was about to say, they were blown away by a powerful blast.

Kristoffer, Carl, and Victor stood up quickly, now outside the hidden room, only to be confused by a screaming Quill-or was it the succubus?-and the strong surge of mana.

It wasn't clear to them what was about to happen until ripples started showing on Quill's arms, then the face, then finally her whole body.

And then suddenly, from the short-statured Quill, she transformed into an orange-haired human girl. The ripples showed again and she turned into a red-haired catkin, then into a few more people of different races. This continued as she screamed, holding and shaking her head in agony.

"Just what is happening to her?!" Victor shouted. He wasn't exactly sure but he thought he even saw a huge blob of slime at one point.

The other two completely ignored his question because aside from seeing the transformation part before, they noticed something else. They noticed that the succubus was slowly being ejected from Quill's body. Although, the succubus was trying to fight back, entering and exiting in some kind of internal tug-of-war.

Kristoffer wanted to help but he was mulling over whether moving in would just make things even more complicated, so did Carl, but the latter already grabbed the opportunity to run away.

Welp.

Now, with only the two of them, Kristoffer and Victor, for some reason had the urge to stay to witness who would win in the end.

However, it didn't take long before Kristoffer's body moved on its own. As Quill continued to change forms, he saw it. The form of a dark elf that was etched into his memory, a dark elf that he exalted since childhood.

Kristoffer rushed to her aid, all his hesitation melting away as he raised his sword--her old sword.

"Get away from her!"

His sword connected with the protruding succubus, missing the dark elf by mere inches.

In an instant the succubus departed Quill's body, having their skill [[Possess]] negated.

The succubus, fueled by rage, immediately recovered and tried to strike back but was speedily restrained by Victor's magic arrow that transformed into strings, wrapping around the target's torso.

Kristoffer moved to retaliate but was overtaken by a figure that kicked the succubus into the wall, causing a small crater to form. Then, she grabbed the succubus by the head, smashing it further into the crater, causing chunks and pieces of stone to fly away.

Feeling unsatisfied, she clasped the limp leg and threw the succubus onto the floor. It was so strong that Kristoffer and Victor cringed at the splat sound.

Surprisingly the succubus was still breathing, yet, naturally unconscious.

After a few moments of staring at the idle body, the dark elf used earth magic to cover the exit.

"Hey, wait!" Victor blurted out before he was completely blocked outside.

Kristoffer was overwhelmed with emotion.

Despite meeting her almost every day, it was still different seeing her in the form that he has admired, followed as a child.

"Master Lime," he said as he kneeled on one knee and thumped his chest. It's been a decade. It was so long...

"Ah, long time no see, I guess?" Lime said, happily smiling at him. "Could you help me with this?"

Pointing at the succubus, he could already guess what she meant.

Ah, sheet. Here we go again, Kristoffer thought. Before he reluctantly pulled up the body, he used the sword to cancel the magic restraints, then he placed its arms onto the wall as Lime cast another earth magic to entrap the succubus' hands and wrists.

As Kristoffer turned, his master already had transformed back into Quill.

Looking at his face, one could imagine how disappointed he was that he couldn't even get a pat on the head from his dark elf master. 

No, wait! I'm an adult now, the image just doesn't feel right. 

Shaking the thought away, he also kinda felt grateful that he wouldn't see his master doing that. Yes, she was the same person, but still.

Quill took out an elixir from her item bag and splashed it into the succubus, causing her to regain full health.

Finally opening her eyes, the figure of Quill caused the succubus to shriek and limp back. But with the wall against her back, she wouldn't be going anywhere.

"Hello, there..." Quill sported the largest grin possible. 

"P-please, forgive me. I got conceited, it won't happen again. D-do you want money? The vampire left a lot, I'll give it to you if you spare my life." Seeing no change in Quill's reaction, she remembered, "Oh r-right, the richest person in the country wouldn't need that."

How did she know Quill was that rich? Kristoffer couldn't help but notice. If everyone knew that, people would have stopped offering her money since long ago.

"P-please, I'll serve you for eternity, I can do a lot of useful things, y-yeah?" 

Kristoffer turned away and closed his eyes.

"HHmmm... How about no?" Quill unsheathed her knife and ran it through the succubus' stomach. 

A deafening scream filled the relatively small room.

Stab. Scream. Slice, then a scream.

Quill thoroughly enjoyed herself as it was the first time she dissected a succubus. The arms, the neck, the chest, the legs, the toes, nothing was left untouched before it was quickly healed to stop her toy from fainting.

It wasn't until fifteen minutes had passed before Quill finally got bored, not only from the slicing and dicing but also from the tied up creature asking for forgiveness.

If she was like Molick who didn't even manage to touch Quill, then maybe she would have been spared. However, for someone like her who caused this much trouble, there was no hope for her. 

Quill was wiping her knife and tools as she said, "I've been thinking, you possessed me, right?" then looked at the jars that had fallen from the earlier commotion.

Most of them were shattered by the mana blast earlier and Kristoffer, scared as he was, had to take care of the jailbreakers by force. And by most, that meant there were still a few remaining.

Quill flashed a hearty smile. 

"No! Please! I'll do anything, don't do it!" 

"Kristoff, will you please?"

He grabbed one jar and placed it onto Quill's hand. "Ooohhh, look, look, it's so excited to see its new body!" she said as she swung it at the front of the succubus' face.

"Noooo!" The succubus tried to kick the jar and Quill let her. The poor braineater crashed onto the ceiling, Kristoffer catching it with his sword as it fell and killing it in the process.

"Oh, well, there's a couple of them left, anyway."

With all hope drained away, she started throwing curses and threats at Quill who shoved a big one into her throat.

... 

The braineater stared at the other two in the room. Having taken over a new body, it's supposed to have a new life, a better life. It didn't think of those before of course, it only moved on instinct, like how a spider could create a beautiful web without anyone teaching it, braineaters only know that taking over bodies was their path.

Yet, after consuming a brain, it also absorbed the host's knowledge, emotions, and memories.

And just recently, the succubus was in a wave of fear and pain.

The braineater, now as a succubus, wept. I'm gonna die, she thought.

"Phew, I haven't been that satisfied in a long while," Quill said. "Let's pack up." 

It wasn't unexpected when Quill summoned lightning between her hands, aiming to toast even her insides. Yet, before Quill could release it, Kristoffer touched her in the back. When Quill turned to look at him, he only shook his head.

"Eehhh? Are you sure? She's a succubus, you know."

"The succubus is dead, that there is another being in entirety. She's innocent."

"Didn't you just kill a bunch of them earlier?"

Kristoffer's eye twitched. "...Well, yes. But they were crawling towards me, so I acted on self-defense..."

Stopping the spell halfway with ease, she frowned, deep in thought.

"Okay, but she'll be your responsibility."

Kristoffer suddenly wanted to back down. Just thinking about the consequences if the succubus (braineater) went on a rampage without Quill helping out made him want to puke. However, he couldn't back down when a life was at stake.

Thus, he agreed.

Quill patted the succubus in the head.

"You see that guy? As you can see, he's a bit of a hypocrite but he's going to be your boss from now on."

Looking at her in disdain she added, "He's the only reason you'll live. Remember that fact very well."

The succubus had no choice but to nod.

Quill stared her in the eyes and when she's finally satisfied, she squeezed her cheeks in a friendly manner.

"Well, then. Shall we go catch up with Carl?"

Kristoffer could only offer an apologetic smile for those words.

 

 

10